Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

A Grizzly Situation - Feral Druid 1.12.1 (PvE, tanking and DPS) 

104 posts in this topic

I am on horde side, so we have no pally's unfortunately.

At the moment I am tanking the whelps while we move through the level, aoeing a few times. I can hold aggro on most of em, but struggling with the arcane immune. And there's always one healer that wants to win meters and really builds up a bunch of aggro.

This is on Kronos 2.

There's way too many whelps to be able tab through and fearie fire. Can't really use global cool down for FF over swipe. Aggro on single targets doesn't do enough with 30+ whelps.

I am also on whelp duty at broodlord, but I'm trying to get the message through. I got over 10k HP and more threat generation than the main tank :D

Edited by Double

14 minutes ago, Double said:

I am on horde side, so we have no pally's unfortunately.

At the moment I am tanking the whelps while we move through the level, aoeing a few times. I can hold aggro on most of em, but struggling with the arcane immune. And there's always one healer that wants to win meters and really builds up a bunch of aggro.

This is on Kronos 2.

There's way too many whelps to be able tab through and fearie fire. Can't really use global cool down for FF over swipe. Aggro on single targets doesn't do enough with 30+ whelps.

I am also on whelp duty at broodlord, but I'm trying to get the message through. I got over 10k HP and more threat generation than the main tank :D

Without wanting to sound like an arse, you're raid leader is doing it wrong.

You should not be tanking whelps during the boss or during the traps phase. Get your Warlocks on it. It's quite literally insanity to try and have a tank pick up all those whelps at once. Even on Alliance with a Pally able to do it, it isn't really needed. Doubly so on Kronos with 1.9+ redesigned gear. As long as you have enough aoe in your raid your Locks will hardly have to take a single hit, and you'll just be healing them through Hellfire.

Be comforted though, it's not your fault trying to pick them up.

Glad to hear it's not me being bad, but also sad there's not much more i can do. A prot warrior spamming battleshout and me on demo/swipe were able to hold most of them.

I will have a talk with my raid leader regarding broodlord because it is indeed a massive waste to not have a bear on it. I'll eat the ms crit and survive. Unlike our warriors that aren't even defense capped in their MC epics :D I doubt I'll change his mind on whelp tanking as it went pretty well through suppression room.

PS: I also pop out of bear to drink oil of immolation. As a tip for any other bears struggling :)

Masterpiece. I really have to thank you Elicas for bringing so much infomation to this underratet class. I always enjoyed reading your guides, keep up the awesome work. Definitly rolling a N811 Druid know and it will be ... yes the mighty Bear tank. Hear me roar :D

You did it. You made me do it. I rolled a Druid on Elysium to try it out a bit. Damn you and your well written guides. ;) 

I look forward to playing on the most heavily populated Druid server to ever exist.

9 minutes ago, Sherekhan said:

Druid usualy least playde on private servers.

Well aware of that fact. Was just pointing fun at the sheer amount of Druids that exist among this forum population so far. Even then though, we're only about 0.5% of the ~1300 forum accounts.

@Elicas - Out of the specs you listed, is one more recommendable for leveling than the other, if you are a total Druid beginner? #5 and #6 strike me as the most safe and "fuck up"-free ones. 

Edited by meth

29 minutes ago, meth said:

@Elicas - Out of the specs you listed, is one more recommendable for leveling than the other, if you are a total Druid beginner? #5 and #6 strike me as the most safe and "fuck up"-free ones. 

#6 is the easiest, though it wont really teach you how to play the class since it literally just grabs everything. #5 is more of an end game build, you always get the feral part of it first.

Posting it elsewhere!

Edited by Munin

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

Well aware of that fact. Was just pointing fun at the sheer amount of Druids that exist among this forum population so far. Even then though, we're only about 0.5% of the ~1300 forum accounts.

I know i whas more amazed that it actualy whas like you said. I dident try to point anything to you. More that i agree and the usual situation is the oposit.

Sorry if you addressed this somewhere but doesn't Kronos have more debuff slots than it should for the timeline? And if so - is that druid using bleeds that wouldn't be usable on a true blizzlike vanilla server?

Bear in mind the section at the start discussing bugs on Kronos at the moment, Paladins are definitely at a disadvantage there currently. 

I couldn't find the section addressing this?

48 minutes ago, Krueger said:

Sorry if you addressed this somewhere but doesn't Kronos have more debuff slots than it should for the timeline? And if so - is that druid using bleeds that wouldn't be usable on a true blizzlike vanilla server?

I couldn't find the section addressing this?

We don't use bleeds in 40 man raids, ever, even with 16 debuff slots. In 20's we can use Rip, if we get permission, depending on the raid team set up.

On 2016-09-06 at 9:39 AM, Elicas said:

I look forward to playing on the most heavily populated Druid server to ever exist.

Same here, usually a really nice class to have with while leveling and can also do some fun things like only druid dungeon runs. And in my opinion in vanilla bear is the most fun tank class.

10 minutes ago, MrSusan said:

not sure how important the +5 Defense is.

very

Druids can never reach the def 'uncrit cap', so its worth is actually reduced compared to straight health/dodge. A certain amount is always useful, but we don't specifically gear for it. It's a bonus stat, much like crit on a warrior or modern day Versatility.

The real reason Naglering is so good early on is the 50 armour, since at that gearing level we're still building towards armour cap, armour is point for point our best tanking stat until we reach the cap. It is essentially our version of Def when compared to Warriors.

I wasn't actually aware it was one of the items rolled back, so I'll have to do some research and amend the list. Thanks.

Using this guide - level 21 right now on another server. I can heal. I can tank. I can DPS. So fucking cool. Tanked and healed Wailing Caverns over the weekend - fuck yeah. :)

Hi, I've decided I'm gonna play druid with a focus on feral on crestfall. Read your guide and others to try and learn as much as possible. I was wondering a bit about macros, especially macros for form shifting. For instance a macro that will make you go from Bear Form to Cat Form in 1 button that is spammable without exiting the form, or from Bear Form to caster form +cast heal in 1 button. I was reading some places that this is a must-have for druids, especially if you want to be a competitive feral in pvp.

I have exactly 0 experience with playing druids and don't have any servers I'm playing on to test it out right now. Some of the threads I read about this said that with such form-shifting macros you can effectively avoid the global cd and make it much quicker to form shift. Is there any truth in this, thus making macros an absolute must for ferals in pvp or when powershifting in pve? Or can you be as quick by just using regular keybinds for shifting forms? Thanks for the guide btw. :) 

1 hour ago, Galbert said:

Hi, I've decided I'm gonna play druid with a focus on feral on crestfall. Read your guide and others to try and learn as much as possible. I was wondering a bit about macros, especially macros for form shifting. For instance a macro that will make you go from Bear Form to Cat Form in 1 button that is spammable without exiting the form, or from Bear Form to caster form +cast heal in 1 button. I was reading some places that this is a must-have for druids, especially if you want to be a competitive feral in pvp.

I have exactly 0 experience with playing druids and don't have any servers I'm playing on to test it out right now. Some of the threads I read about this said that with such form-shifting macros you can effectively avoid the global cd and make it much quicker to form shift. Is there any truth in this, thus making macros an absolute must for ferals in pvp or when powershifting in pve? Or can you be as quick by just using regular keybinds for shifting forms? Thanks for the guide btw. :) 

It's not something I've ever had to worry about, but my usual ms to EU based servers is around 75.

I use ctrl 1 for bear, 2 for cat, 3 for swimming and 4 for travel, which makes my powershifting;

hold ctrl, press 2, press 2, continue DPSing. It's more than easy enough to do it without clipping your energy regen as long as you have an energy tick addon.

10 minutes ago, Elicas said:

It's not something I've ever had to worry about, but my usual ms to EU based servers is around 75.

I use ctrl 1 for bear, 2 for cat, 3 for swimming and 4 for travel, which makes my powershifting;

hold ctrl, press 2, press 2, continue DPSing. It's more than easy enough to do it without clipping your energy regen as long as you have an energy tick addon.

Thanks for the answer. Just wondering: Does global CD actually trigger when exiting/entering forms as druid? Or can you, say, be in bear form, exit and instantaneously re-enter another form? Sorry for noob questions just haven't played druids before and WoW in a long while. :D

2 hours ago, Galbert said:

Thanks for the answer. Just wondering: Does global CD actually trigger when exiting/entering forms as druid? Or can you, say, be in bear form, exit and instantaneously re-enter another form? Sorry for noob questions just haven't played druids before and WoW in a long while. :D

It triggers the GCD. You have an energy tick every 2 seconds, so if you tick, shift, shift, you have in theory a ~0.5 second margin of error to reenter form before wasting the second energy tick.

On 6-9-2016 at 9:39 AM, Elicas said:

You ruined it!

Nah jk, half of the people will be thrown off when they are told to respec for PvE. Then i'll feel like a snowflake again!

on a more serious note; Your item set ups consist of 5 hit at the start while afaik you would want 9 for bosses (5 is fine for thrash).

isn't there more hit to get in places(Wyrmthalak neck? I'm not sure when that was added) or would it be sub-par(hit is

2 hours ago, Marbo said:

You ruined it!

Nah jk, half of the people will be thrown off when they are told to respec for PvE. Then i'll feel like a snowflake again!

on a more serious note; Your item set ups consist of 5 hit at the start while afaik you would want 9 for bosses (5 is fine for thrash).

isn't there more hit to get in places(Wyrmthalak neck? I'm not sure when that was added) or would it be sub-par(hit is

As far as I know, the BiS pre-raid list is the best of what we can get when you take into account the drops that have been rolled back. I'm 99% sure there isn't any more hit gear available to us pre-raid.