Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elicas

A Grizzly Situation - Feral Druid 1.12.1 (PvE, tanking and DPS) 

104 posts in this topic
On 3/20/2017 at 7:54 PM, Taladril said:

<snip>

Thanks for the reminder about the gear list, i'll get it sorted at the weekend.

Originally, they was going to go with standard 1.12.1 itemization and release, but with progressive content release, pretty much the standard of Feenix/Kronos/Etc.

Since then they've changed things, and it will be a 50/50 roll back. Essentially, the server will release in a 1.2 state, with Maraudon released but DM closed, with gear stats rolled back to 1.4. DM will release some time after the first MC clear. Then comes BWL, ZG and AQ, with the 1.10 itemization upgrade looking like it will come either with AQ or just after its release. It looks like 1.12.1 will come with Naxx.

They're trying to run on a smaller amount of patches and a condensed timeline (18 months until TBC release after CF release) so things are a bit funky in relation to the Nost/Elysium timeline. Much of the earlier discussion in this thread pre-dates the item rollback decision, which wasn't announced until long after the server was announced.

I keep meaning to get this list updated, I just never seem to get around to it.

Gear list updated for the recent(ish) changes to rolled back items.

My thanks to @Taladril for the spots.

Edited by Elicas

Loving this guide very good job @Elicas! 100% sure i will be rolling a druid after reading this. Would be nice if you could add a segment about macro´s and such!

I get the feeling that we are going to have more ferals on this server than on all retail vanilla servers combined.

I don't understand why Druids can't have the +damge enchant or use weighstones .  Every other mele  class can utilize them and do, but for Druids it's OP?   People afraid a hybrid might be competitive?

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I don't understand why Druids can't have the +damge enchant or use weighstones .  Every other mele  class can utilize them and do, but for Druids it's OP?   People afraid a hybrid might be competitive?

Because it is not blizzlike, that's not how it worked back in the day. It's a Mangos core bug that has never been ironed out.

The reason they didn't work, is that melee weapons play no factor what so ever in the Druids damage calculation. the game literally just checks them for stats and that is it.

Even with them, we're not competitive for top end DPS except in very fringe cases. It's got nothing to do with Druids being "OP" with them.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0Zxxxsc0dxVecoco this is the spec im rocking atm and i love it. Even w/o primal fury I feel like I can keep threat easily having 5 points in Feral Instinct. 

I guess you do need to manage your threat more compared to having primal fury? Idk

Edited by Marbo

One of the best things about Ferals is the sheer amount of ways you can make them work.

On 10.07.2016 at 1:21 PM, Elicas said:

Removed in protest of the LGN 2.0

Зачем? я даже не знаю что такое LGN ?!

On 2016-07-10 at 0:21 PM, Elicas said:

Removed in protest of the LGN 2.0

All in your right. Sad though because one of the best guides i have read. <3

It's also available on the Elysium forums, posted by someone without my consent.

/shrug.

Nothing I can do about it, though it's pretty disrespectful.

My guides were all written specifically with this community in mind, not for Elysiums.

5 hours ago, Elicas said:

It's also available on the Elysium forums, posted by someone without my consent.

/shrug.

My guides were all written specifically with this community in mind, not for Elysiums.

I do agree with you. 

13 hours ago, Elicas said:

/shrug.

I can't agree with you sorry, community benefits so much with your guide and you just delete it. Kinda disrespectful towards community.

1 hour ago, seefly said:

I can't agree with you sorry, community benefits so much with your guide and you just delete it. Kinda disrespectful towards community.

The community doesn't own my work, not do I owe it to you.

In much the same way Asura doesn't owe us a server actually.

On 2017-08-23 at 5:32 PM, Elicas said:

The community doesn't own my work, not do I owe it to you.

In much the same way Asura doesn't owe us a server actually.

I do agree with you on this. Even if i am sad they are gone. 

Edited by Sherekhan

On 25.7.2017 at 7:58 PM, Xaverius said:

u r fag

Well, seem's like Xaverius has Valen's gift of foreseeing.

"MY CF guides are ONLY for CF community, and since Asura sold CF to devil, Ima gunna erase my guide."  Leet. *clap clap clap*

Not to be rude (thou not gonna give a big jeebz if this sounds rude), but your kind of people Elicas, are the sole reason why vanilla scene has, and allways WILL have toxic community. You are a perfect example why there was and allways WILL be " CF vs Ely || CF vs <insert a name here> || Ely vs <again insert a name here> || <insert a name here > vs <and here>" - community wars going on.  A carebear of his own a.r.s.e only, who thinks his/her thoughts & work are for his/her OWN community only, and eeevery other community can go f... themselves.

Truly Elicas, I hope you never ever join either Ely or the new CF server/s, the community is going to be a lot more healthy with one less of yourkind.

22 minutes ago, Thothy said:

A carebear of his own a.r.s.e only, who thinks his/her thoughts & work are for his/her OWN community only, and eeevery other community can go f... themselves.

Well, yeah?

Why would I have any considerations for communities i'm not a part of? It's like expecting me to be concerned about Arsenals transfer window issues as a West Ham fan. Not my team, don't care.

23 minutes ago, Thothy said:

Truly Elicas, I hope you never ever join either Ely or the new CF server/s, the community is going to be a lot more healthy with one less of yourkind.

Seen this bandied around a lot over the years. First with people hoping devs would leave the scene so we could finally get the "server we deserve". Most of the old devs are gone, funnily enough we're all still waiting on that one server. Then it was complaining and wishing that the 'leet' raiders would leave, people bitching about Vanguard on Feenix and Kronos, or whining about Nope on Nostalrius/Elysium. When those elite level players leave, it then cheapens the entire raiding race for the whole server.

Every time an elite level player leaves the scene, it is knowledge lost that is harder and harder to find or replace nowadays, especially with so little of the old stuff being archived. There aren't that many of us who are willing to share their knowledge, or to give the time to create these kinds of posts to the community any more.

You don't own my time, nor do you have any right to it.

6 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Why would I have any considerations for communities i'm not a part of?

Except that you are. A member of Vanilla. A member of Druids. Someone smart said once it's hard to be politically correct; Every time you bow to someone, you end up showing your ass to someone else.

7 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Every time an elite level player leaves the scene, it is knowledge lost that is harder and harder to find or replace nowadays,

True. But I'm gonna borrow something another wise man said once: With great power comes great responsibility.

If you have the power, a.k.a in this case long and wide knowledge on vanilla, it's your responsibility to use it wisely, not to be a "Hey, I know but not gonna tell" type guy, OR "Hey, I shared, but won't share anymore" - type a gay. Those both dudes are just arragant a-holes, and truly the community in general would be a lot better never even knowing their existance, learning the information they *might* know theirself from scratch, then to be forced to beg / bribe / tolerate their attitude.

I admit the information on your op was astunning (is that even a word?), but the way you act is a stereotypical example of the 2 gayish peeps mentioned.

17 minutes ago, Elicas said:

You don't own my time, nor do you have any right to it.

True. On "juridical standpoint" you have every right to do whatever you do with your work, and there's nothing I or anyone can demand from you; on the moral side you're just being an a-hole teasing the communities you belong into; Vanilla druids worldwide, vanilla in general & bottom level, the CF peeps.

There is no all encompassing vanilla community. Never has been never will be. It's divided by server, by server style choice (PvP vs PvE), time zone, etc. Neither is there some mythical buddy group of Druids across all servers.

Funnily enough, there's no responsibility for me to share what I know or what I write either. This popped up today, literary knowledge belongs to no one but the author, and there is no responsibility on said author to share said work beyond which he deems permissible.

The word you are looking for is astounding.

18 hours ago, Thothy said:

Except that you are. A member of Vanilla. A member of Druids. Someone smart said once it's hard to be politically correct; Every time you bow to someone, you end up showing your ass to someone else.

True. But I'm gonna borrow something another wise man said once: With great power comes great responsibility.

If you have the power, a.k.a in this case long and wide knowledge on vanilla, it's your responsibility to use it wisely, not to be a "Hey, I know but not gonna tell" type guy, OR "Hey, I shared, but won't share anymore" - type a gay. Those both dudes are just arragant a-holes, and truly the community in general would be a lot better never even knowing their existance, learning the information they *might* know theirself from scratch, then to be forced to beg / bribe / tolerate their attitude.

I admit the information on your op was astunning (is that even a word?), but the way you act is a stereotypical example of the 2 gayish peeps mentioned.

True. On "juridical standpoint" you have every right to do whatever you do with your work, and there's nothing I or anyone can demand from you; on the moral side you're just being an a-hole teasing the communities you belong into; Vanilla druids worldwide, vanilla in general & bottom level, the CF peeps.

With little respect, what have you done for the vanilla community and otherwise?  

3 hours ago, Outstanding said:

With little respect, what have you done for the vanilla community and otherwise?  

He has complained and been an arse, sounds like your standard vanilla community on Elysium. 

On 8/31/2017 at 7:54 PM, Eyedie said:

He has complained and been an arse, sounds like your standard vanilla community on Elysium. 

Nah. More like a standard CF lurker (Yeah, sorry to break it, but been here registered longer then you, and anonymously SHITLOADS of longer then you), who only opens his mouth when he has at least SOMETHING to say.

And for the earlier question: I have been testing Mangos core, searching & reporting bugs, hell even helping fix some bugs for roughly 6 years now. Also donated for several different projects.

Now in return, what have you done then? Besides being the arse you mentioned yourself.

p.s. Funny though, this is my 3rd post here. Roughly gives you any kind of picture of me being complaining.  

And there isn't "Thothy" in Elysium either, so who the f.. you refer to as complainer? Though checking user's posts is probably too hard a job for your kind.

7 hours ago, Thothy said:

Nah. More like a standard CF lurker (Yeah, sorry to break it, but been here registered longer then you, and anonymously SHITLOADS of longer then you), who only opens his mouth when he has at least SOMETHING to say.

And for the earlier question: I have been testing Mangos core, searching & reporting bugs, hell even helping fix some bugs for roughly 6 years now. Also donated for several different projects.

Now in return, what have you done then? Besides being the arse you mentioned yourself.

p.s. Funny though, this is my 3rd post here. Roughly gives you any kind of picture of me being complaining.  

And there isn't "Thothy" in Elysium either, so who the f.. you refer to as complainer? Though checking user's posts is probably too hard a job for your kind.

I've been following this project since it's first establishment, I also helped out on Vanilla.Re, Old Elysium, Nostalrius (all beta testing etc). So I have done a lot over the years, even have my own copy of Elysium just to test out bugs and scripts which is fun. The only one I haven't beta tested is this project and Feenix because I haven't been chosen for Crestfall and Feenix I couldn't give a shit about, and to be honest, I don't have the time at present anyways. I work 50 hours a week and then have to look after my grandmother.

Either way, I don't really see what you are getting at? But all i've seen you add to this forum is insult the two most valuable members that have ever been on these forums, being Elicas and Outstanding. Just look at their content and how much they have posted. If you really understood how private servers worked (going off your "experience") then you would understand this member's importance, specially during the beginning which is the hardest. I understand why Elicas is frustrated, he doesn't trust Elysium and neither do I but he spent a lot more time on this then me (BY FAR). So he made a choice, which is fair.

And to go with the last bit, I couldn't care less if you were on Elysium or not. There are plenty of people here who were from Elysium including myself. I know half of the names from this forum due to Nostalrius / Elysium. 

Edited by Eyedie