Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kazrid

Ever met someone in game in person?

34 posts in this topic

Met a woman through WoW. Lost her to the main tank. Found a new guild - found friends for life. Meet up with them at least once a year, often twice. 20-40 people from all over Europe flying in to have a great time. One of the best things ever. 

Yeah, loads :) met my current housemate about 2 weeks after EU launch, while questing in Redridge. Had a whole table of WoW mates at my wedding. Met 2 partners through the game including my current boyfriend ^^

Not yet, but soon. She should be coming down to where I live for a visit in a few weeks. It should be great. Parades, a round of bowling, and whatever else we decide to do that day(Probably Tetris the Board Game and some WoW TCG) for the hell of it.

I tend to not make friends in online games. I dont get online humor nor can I really level with any wow players in terms of them being pleasant ppl.

the last pleasant guys i've ran into were from Feenix Al'Akir, after that it seems i've been consequently running into carebear douchebags, or people that only communicate if expressing rage or anger :P 

Still looking for an amazing fun guild that doesn't feel like a therapy session for sociopaths, need a RP PVP guild perhaps! 

Edited by Marbo

Well I met around 30~ people from CroggesServer over the years, some of them became good friends and I'm still in contact with most of them. Met one of my former Polish GMs just two days ago because he was near my area. Also spent new year with my former team leader in Darmstadt and some former GMs/Players.

I look forward to meet many Crestfall members in the near future :D

Yeah, well I'm in Bad Bellingen tomorrow, see you then O.o

You'll find me trying to find a decent beer

Absolutely! I started playing via a 10 day pass from a friend, so I already knew a couple of people in my guild IRL.

Over the years, I've hosted one guild party... Big mistake. A lot of people turned up to my rather small apartment. One warrior downed a pint of vodka in the space of minutes, then went MIA. A warlock threw up in my flatmate's bed, then sat down to cry in the middle of the street. A shaman tore down my curtains, rod and all, and threw up in the sink. One of the guild officers decided he hated a bunch of people in the guild and went on a kicking spree... I spent days trying to convince one of our MTs to come back, gah. Had to evacuate the apartment before 9pm because things were getting out of hand. The warrior was later found wandering the underground tracks (overground where I lived) and was led back by a kind rogue. The warrior spend the rest of night googling weapons and going on about how he deserved a TF binding if it dropped. 

I also went to a guild meeting in Iceland, which was awesome (not the same guild as above, haha). The hosts were Icelandic and showed us all the sights around Reykjavik, and we had epic parties where people got hammered but no furniture was harmed :)

I also met my husband through WoW. We've been together for 8 years and have 2 kids.

When I played in vanilla my guild met several times in real life. In Wotlk some of my guildmates were friends and others weren't so kind of. I met my current significant other during MoP we have been together three years now and have a little one. Amazing what meeting in real life can do.

I really like this topic as it makes me think of all the good times I had and all the people I met.

For me it was like this:
I started playing with my High School mates at first so I knew them quite well but then they kept hopping from one server to the next and always wanting funservers, which I didn't want.
Then I met a British guy and we became good friends. I can still remember the two Night elves we made when we were still noobs. A rogue for him and warrior for me. I recall going into Azshara and picking a fight with a black stag that totally owned us because it was higher level 9_9 This was on a canadian server called Chaos or something. Yup that name was appropriate too - I couldn't kill lvl 9 bandits in Elwynn coz they would knockdown-stunlock me every few seconds lol

Then I settled on another canadian server (what is it with Canada I just dunno ¬¬) called Exodus and that was my home for 10 years. Small 300 max pop community and I loved it. I met many people there including a Dutch friend with whom we have been good for 12 long years and finally met him IRL too. Okay that was a huge nostalgia trip, now I feel great again. :D