Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sillywet

Precision and its importance in leveling

Precision - (5 Ranks)
Increases your chance to hit with melee weapons by (1/2/3/4/5)%.

For a rogue that means
- More Hits
- More Crits
- More Poison applications
- Less wasted CDs and energy for things like, Gouge, Kidney Shot, Kick
- Better Energy Economy (No wasted energy on missed finishers/SS/BS etc.)*

*note* I don't know what the mechanic in how much energy is used on a missed attack is, if it applies to missed attacks.

Assumption #1: Precision becomes more valuable the more health mobs have. Generally, at higher levels it takes longer to kill mobs. So the closer you are to 60, the more impactful Precision becomes.

Missing, is essentially dealing 0 damage. So, dealing 0 damage to a target with 100 health is not as devastating as dealing 0 damage to a target with 500 health.

Assumption #2: Precision becomes more valuable when;
1) Your DPS becomes more reliant on poison or white damage
2) Stealth based attacks or CC are integral to your combat rotation
3) Your targets defense skill is greater than your weapon skill
4) You have no +hit gear

Conversely, Precision becomes less valuable when your DPS is more Yellow (Excluding poison and openers), you have a weapon skill advantage over the target's defense skill, or you have +hit gear.

Example: Even though Ambush is an ability, and you are much less likely to miss an ability opposed to a white hit, missing ambush is devastating to Ambush based builds. Here is a general damage overview of where Ambush specs damage comes

Missing an ambush essentially gives the target near twice as much health than normal. In situations where you cannot reset the fight, it might mean a corpse run.

So, what do you all think? Do you think Precision be specced into 5/5 immediately, at certain intervals, or not at all?

Edited by sillywet

13 hours ago, sillywet said:

Do you think Precision be specced into 5/5 immediately

Yes because there's no better 15-19 talent in combat tree (unless You wanna level up as sub... But why?)

- Less wasted CDs and energy for things like, Gouge, Kidney Shot, Kick
- Better Energy Economy (No wasted energy on missed finishers/SS/BS etc.)*

Are those (finishers/kick/KS) related to melee hit rating? I'm not 100% sure right now (and I'm not sure how much can I trust vanilla.wow.wiki nowadays).

*note* I don't know what the mechanic in how much energy is used on a missed attack is, if it applies to missed attacks.

If I rememember well:
Miss - 100% of ability cost
dodge/parry - less than 100% of ability cost

2) Stealth based attacks or CC are integral to your combat rotation

Even though Ambush is an ability, and you are much less likely to miss an ability opposed to a white hit...

Missing an ambush essentially gives...

I understand this whole topic is about "I wanna level up as sub and waste time for stealth/distract/ambush mobs" so the best answer is: You can't ambush with swords.

There's no hating at all against "leveling as sub rogue" from my side, but imho it's completly waste of time.

On 1/27/2017 at 3:05 AM, duzyizly said:

I understand this whole topic is about "I wanna level up as sub and waste time for stealth/distract/ambush mobs"

It's not, it's about precision and it's importance in leveling. .... I used the ambush build as an example.

There is no subtext, political spec agenda that I am pushing. This post is about the talent spec Precision.

Edited by sillywet