Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cruzix

guide
[Vanilla Hunter Guide] - The Arrow And You

Since we've all been waiting for CF's release for a long time now, I decided to kill some time on a hunter class guide for vanilla. It's still very much "work in progress" and as stated in the start of the guide "If you feel the need to chime in and cover some ground, of which I'm sure that I missed, feel free to do so! I’m open minded for all questions and suggestions regarding the hunter guide and will gladly hear them out. You can contact me on Crestfalls discord channel or in this thread."

Enjoy ;)

Edited by Cruzix

Good post, Cruzix. I am sure it will be useful to players who want to play the Hunter class.

I can make some contributions to your post.

PETS

Here is the best tanking pet in WoW patch 1.12 if you are interested in one.

http://www.wowhunterpets.info/pets/ironback

He is a level 51 rare turtle that spawns north of Raventusk village in a zone called The Hinterlands where all the other turtles are near the beach. His name is "Ironback".

I think his spawn timer is about 11 hours or 8 hours along that line.

MACROS

-- Casts Viper Sting if the target has mana, otherwise casts Scorpid Sting (tested, works)

/script if nil then CastSpellByName("Viper Sting"); end
/script if UnitPowerType('target')>0 then CastSpellByName("Scorpid Sting"); else CastSpellByName("Viper Sting"); end

-- Pet Assist (attacks friendly target's target), Pet Attack Target (if pet not attacking target) and Pet follow (stop attacking) all in 1 button (tested, works)
/script if UnitExists("target") then if UnitIsFriend("player","target") then AssistUnit("target");PetAttack();else if UnitExists("pettarget") and UnitIsUnit("target", "pettarget") then PetFollow();else PetAttack();end;end;else PetFollow();end;

--1 Button Pet Call / Pet Dismiss Macro (call if pet is not there, dismiss if it is there)
/script if false then CastSpellByName("Dismiss Pet")end
/script if PetCanBeAbandoned() then CastSpellByName("Dismiss Pet") else CastSpellByName("Call Pet");end

ADDONS

Beastmaster addon for better pet skill training window

http://www.vanilla-addons.com/dls/beastmaster/

HunterPetSkills (Helps you find new beasts that have new higher rank skills so you can train your pets)

http://www.vanilla-addons.com/dls/hunterpetskills/

Happy hunting...

This is the real deal. Thanks for compiling and posting all of this.

Only part of the title, -The Arrow And You- , showed on the main page. Came here expecting to find a guide on how to date Stephen Amell. Was disappointed.

:ph34r:

I thought Auto-shot->Aimed Shot->Auto-shot->Multi-Shot->Auto-shot....repeat, was the only correct rotation. I see I was wrong.

+1

Updated the guide a bit:

• Added table of contents
  • Grammar fixes (There's still quite a few in there that I need to fix)
  • Made the guide a bit more visually pleasing
  • Replaced Rais_Autoshot with YAHT (This addon is amazing)
Edited by Cruzix

Bloody hellfire peninsula, that's a very in-depth guide, well done! I'm especially happy because it says that cats are the best!

On 2/24/2017 at 6:10 PM, ilovecats said:

Bloody hellfire peninsula, that's a very in-depth guide, well done! I'm especially happy because it says that cats are the best!

I can only agree. This guide is absolutely amazing and very detailed. And King Bangalash is indeed the best pet. ;)

Thank you anyways.

7 hours ago, MadeByRockets said:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZtVohthZchickhub

What do you guys think of this for pvp? I went with imp multi shot because the pvp gloves add extra damage. Or use it with the T1 bonus. 

9% additional agility (Buffs all your main abilities damage) vs 15% Multi-Shot (10 sec CD ability)? 
The agility wins for sure, no doubt. Especially for PvP since lucky crits (burst damage) can make a duel become entirely in your favor. But even then, LA is just flat out better than imp MS.

As for the rest of the talent points that looks fine. It's personal preference as long you pick up the essential talents. (Humanoid Slaying, Imp Wing Clip OR Entrapment, Deterrance, (And Killer Instinct + Lightning Reflexes if you choose to go that far down in the tree))

That's a very good guide, good job :)

I do however strongly disagree with your point about Lupos and ISB, I would personally be infuriated to have my ISB stacks consumed by a hunter pet (I do tolerate mindblast snipers tho), especially at lower level gear when the uptime can't be close to 100 %. Obviously I'm a bit biased, but I do not think your arguments about warlocks' threat management are valid. If you play with half a brain, it's literally impossible to overaggro a decent tank as Alliance ; as horde it's not that true, but it's still very manageable. That doesn't add much to the discussion ; I just wanted to react on that point. 

What's your take on deep Survival for horde VS alliance ? Melees being a bit stronger on horde added to the fact that Hunters do not benefit from BoK, wouldn't TSA always be superior on horde raid-wise ?

Cheers

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Oxyda said:

Obviously I'm a bit biased, but I do not think your arguments about warlocks' threat management are valid. If you play with half a brain, it's literally impossible to overaggro a decent tank as Alliance ; as horde it's not that true, but it's still very manageable.

On Nost 1.0 as Horde (With a broken rage formula in favor to the tank) I know for a fact that a tank with Windfury + STR totem, no matter how skilled the tank was it wasn't possible do more TPS than an "all in'ing" good geared Warlock. 
For alliance, BoS (+ BoM and BoK on the tank) might make it possible for a tank to do more TPS under perfect conditions, although I don't know since I don't have any experience raiding as alliance.

You do however also have to consider boss mechanics (Especially threat wiping mechanics) and human error etc which is a huge factor that Hunters do not have to worry about any where near as much as Warlocks have to because of Feign Death every 30 sec, which is why it's not a bad thing for Lupos to "help" warlocks stay below the tanks threat so they don't have to stop DPSing (Which is a DPS loss for everyone since the debuff just goes to waste in that case), not to mention that ISB isn't the only debuff that increases Lupos' damage which is another good point as to why using him is good for the raid.
A fully buffed Lupos attacking a target with all the debuffs active can do up to 180-200 dps on its own when BM+MM specced... which is quite a lot.

4 hours ago, Oxyda said:

What's your take on deep Survival for horde VS alliance ? Melees being a bit stronger on horde added to the fact that Hunters do not benefit from BoK, wouldn't TSA always be superior on horde raid-wise ?

Probably, although threat is an issue for melees on horde - especially warriors.

I don't really have a lot to say about this spec because it has to be tested in a real environment to give proper results when it's a matter of situational events. (threat, melee/pet DPS uptime (boss mechanics), how good the players benefiting from your TSA are etc.)

Edited by Cruzix