Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hevra

Farming class

29 posts in this topic

I personally prefer rogue for fishing, farming elites, camping stuff like Silithus prophets and mine inside the hives. Warlock is probably the best solo mob farmer.

2h fury warrior is good enough at farming gold, at least if you have a full set of dps plate

once you've gotten all the gear you want from instances(and potentially your epic mount by just doing dungeons over and over again) including a good 2h weapon, you can farm twilight mobs in silithus, ogre mages outside DM, AoE farm sorrow hill(really), farm low level elite black dragons in burning steepes(hope you can skin), farm high level undead or humanoids in EPL, or even just run strat over and over again and take the crates because other people just tend to leave them behind(and you can get AD exalted in the process)
regardless of your class, you could go scour for fishing nodes in STV, tanaris, and aszhara, and also do mining runs in badlands AND searing gorge and make at least 5 gold by smelting and vendoring it all(hopefully the economy isn't that bad by then) after scouring those zones if no miners have been to both zones recently, but then theres also 2 chests in badlands and 4 chests in searing gorge to check for too, which can easily be another 3g or more from all of them

and you can do it all while waiting for that BRD LBRS or UBRS group to find someone to tank so you don't "have" to, and if theres still time left over, you can do a burning steepes mining run too(be sure to check in the ogre caves too)

just be sure to also get a level 5 bank alt with enchanting if you aren't gonna be an enchanter on your 60(s); that way you can hopefully avoid buying enchanting mats most of the time, if not altogether

Edited by Aquane

Thanks for the tips, I forgot about the d/eing! 

@Terpsichore I did think about rogues but thought they would be too squishy to farm elites with in the kind of gear I'm likely to have for them. 

I am leaning towards druid, even though it wasn't on my original list, because of TBC and flight form farming - I'm going to be herb /alch on my main so a herb farming machine would come in handy. 

I can't remember when dual spec came in, was it TBC? If so then I can do my grinding mobs on my pally, but I'm assuming the respec costs will be prohibitive eventually on CF.

On 06/02/2017 at 8:02 AM, Hevra said:

Thanks for the tips, I forgot about the d/eing! 

@Terpsichore I did think about rogues but thought they would be too squishy to farm elites with in the kind of gear I'm likely to have for them. 

I am leaning towards druid, even though it wasn't on my original list, because of TBC and flight form farming - I'm going to be herb /alch on my main so a herb farming machine would come in handy. 

I can't remember when dual spec came in, was it TBC? If so then I can do my grinding mobs on my pally, but I'm assuming the respec costs will be prohibitive eventually on CF.

If if remember correctly dual spec came in WoTLk