Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Murok

Gatherer and server specific resource spawns

29 posts in this topic

Hi

Iirc the spawns of resources such as herbs and mines are going to be different (as i read it: better) compared to other servers. Does this only affect respawn timers and the number of "specials" like gold instead of iron? Background of my question: Is it worth gathering a database now on e. g. Kronos 2 so that when I start on Crestfall I will already have some locations I can look for herbs while leveling? Or are the locations I gather on Kronos2 going to be useless on crestfall?

Probably not. I read or listened to one of the Crestfall Q&As that explained how the server is going to generate nodes. They'll be random with a respawn timer that has a range (eg 10-50 min), and will spawn at random locations in the zone. 

So as I understood it, addons like gatherer might be useless, since they tracked the locations that nodes would consistently spawn at. 

Maybe @Darkrasp could clarify.

I really like the idea of random spawn places, these addons which keep track of spawn locations are a little bit gamebreaking in my opinion , you can even create a bot which goes over a specific area and farms.

On 8. 2. 2017 at 3:47 PM, Murok said:

Is it worth gathering a database now on e. g. Kronos 2

Mostly useless. There might be some spawnpoints that are the same, but you'd just get a massive bunch of ghost entries.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, limov417 said:

I really like the idea of random spawn places, these addons which keep track of spawn locations are a little bit gamebreaking in my opinion , you can even create a bot which goes over a specific area and farms.

Thats why I hope they do flexible spawn times to combat Mafias, because life is hard when you alone, and Mafias are merciless against all but their own. I wanna have fun too, fun is ruined by bullies and mafias consist of them, wow bullies, who take your nodes and don't give you a ray of hope because they are alot.

Edited by dailybs

39 minutes ago, dailybs said:

Thats why I hope they do flexible spawn times to combat Mafias, because life is hard when you alone, and Mafias are merciless against all but their own. I wanna have fun too, fun is ruined by bullies and mafias consist of them, wow bullies, who take your nodes and don't give you a ray of hope because they are alot.

Guilds are now called mafias or "families."

I feel static node spawns that you can map out, is really lame.

I'm a big fan of the random spawn idea. I'd love to hear details on how that will work on Crestfall. This would make for a cool hype vid.  *hint hint nudge nudge*

23 minutes ago, Hunter4Life said:

I'm a big fan of the random spawn idea. I'd love to hear details on how that will work on Crestfall. This would make for a cool hype vid.  *hint hint nudge nudge*

I think they've decided it best to stay low profile on the hype material/videos until later on down the road.

1 hour ago, Hunter4Life said:

I feel static node spawns that you can map out, is really lame.

Node spawns are there but we're not testing functionality at the moment. Like @Pvt_8Ball says, open to discussion at a later point. Personal viewpoint: we still don't know until close to launch what the expected population will be. So we might work on static and dynamic random spawns to cover all contingencies. But I'm talking out of my ass here, so take that into account.

If the server quality will be as good as we think it'll be, I'm afraid the server cap will be reached within a first month. Seriously, buggy Nost had 5k ppl at launch.

I support the random node spawn idea, would love to see that.

I agree. I think random spawns make it much more interesting, especially as a casual player. Actually gives you a chance to get some of the later nodes that would typically be permanently farmed.

what was blizzlike, random node spawns or static node spawns?

12 hours ago, Ester said:

I guess the Gatherer addon wouldn't have made much sense if nodes had spawned randomly on retail. However, I have no memory of that.

Although I asked the original question, a like the idea of random spawns, too.  But they shouldn't be completely random. I mean, herbs that grew unter trees or bushes should still grow under trees or bushes. The same applies for example to Liferoot which is supposed to grow on mountain sides / hills.

18 minutes ago, Murok said:

I mean, herbs that grew unter trees or bushes should still grow under trees or bushes. The same applies for example to Liferoot which is supposed to grow on mountain sides / hills.

Yes, I think this is very important. It shouldn't be completely random. Wouldn't want say all of the nodes in Barrens spawning in the ocean.

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Macu said:

If the server quality will be as good as we think it'll be, I'm afraid the server cap will be reached within a first month. Seriously, buggy Nost had 5k ppl at launch.

Buggy Nost also wasn't that buggy and had damn near flawless PR. The planets seriously aligned with Nostalrius, I doubt we'll ever see something like it happen again.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Ester said:

I think the places they could spawn were static, but the nature in which they respawned depended on external factors. I don't think they just had a static respawn timer or anything.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

Please increase herb spawns, having 1000 orc warriors that will all be alch makes it impossible to level herbalism before the population spreads out. If I have to ride through lowbie zones at 60 to level my profs I'm going to camp any Ally lowbie I find out of spite.

34 minutes ago, Ssaya said:

Please increase herb spawns, having 1000 orc warriors that will all be alch makes it impossible to level herbalism before the population spreads out. If I have to ride through lowbie zones at 60 to level my profs I'm going to camp any Ally lowbie I find out of spite.

I don't know what the devs are planning. But IMO dynamic spawn systems for mobs, quest items, and resource nodes, would be awesome.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Hunter4Life said:

I don't know what the devs are planning. But IMO dynamic spawn systems for mobs, quest items, and resource nodes, would be awesome.

The thing is, cleaver people figure out how to exploit dynamic systems such as this, I believe the devs have also expressed similar concerns in the past. And strictly speaking, dynamic respawn systems aren't Blizz-like until later expansions.

2 hours ago, Ssaya said:

Best just see how things end up when we get there, no point proactively increasing rates for something that may never happen. Remember, Crestfall isn't like Nost or Elysium, they won't cram 10,000 people on one server. So such issues may never arise. Plus having a little bit of competition for nodes is natural.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

3 hours ago, Pvt_8Ball said:

The thing is, cleaver people figure out how to exploit dynamic systems such as this, I believe the devs have also expressed similar concerns in the past. And strictly speaking, dynamic respawn systems aren't Blizz-like until later expansions.

Making everyone suffer because people might farm isn't the solution. If retail had 3kish per server all spread out, crestfall will have 5k all spamming the log in when the server opens. 

It just sucks leveling and not being able to use a single herb node because there were none in barrens/razorhill. 

I am warming to the idea of leveling herbalism 0 to 300 once I hit 60 and slaughtering every level 21 ally in my path. 

Posted (edited)

• Peacebloom spawns in the open
  • Silverleaf spawns near trees
  • Earthroot spawns on cliffs and hills
  • Mageroyal i dont remember, in the open i think
  • Swiftthistle ONLY in Mageroyal and Earthroot spawns (all rogues know this)
  • Briarthorn near trees
  • Stranglekelp under water near coastlines
  • Bruiseweed around building and structures, particularly wells (yes really)
  • Wild Steelbloom hills, mounds and cliffs
  • Kingsblood in open areas (???)
  • Grave Moss graveyards exclusively
  • Fadeleaf base of trees (???)
  • Liferoot banks of ponds, rivers, lakes
  • Goldthorn not sure, database says rock
  • Khadgar's Whisker base of trees
  • Wintersbite in the open, but only in cold zones
  • Wildvine from purple lotus spawns
  • Firebloom near lava pools (so searing gorge etc.) but also in tanaris in the middle of the desert
  • Purple Lotus not sure, but apparently they spawn near old ruins - particularly pillars oddly enough
  • Arthas' Tear Eastern Kingdoms only, plaguelands, in the open
  • Sungrass In the open
  • Gromsblood anywhere where demons lvl35+ are found, in the open
  • Golden Samsam shaded areas
  • Dreamfoil in the open
  • Mountain Silversage hills, mounds, and cliffs
  • Plaguebloom in the open, plaguelands
  • Icecap Winterspring, everywhere
  • Bloodvine ZG
  • Black Lotus High lvl zones, apparently they share spawns with Dreamfoil but idk
  • Blindweed around ponds, rivers, lakes

I think thats all.

Edited by Ester
added blindweed

3 hours ago, Ester said:
  • Peacebloom spawns in the open
  • Silverleaf spawns near trees
  • Earthroot spawns on cliffs and hills
  • Mageroyal i dont remember, in the open i think
  • Swiftthistle ONLY in Mageroyal and Earthroot spawns (all rogues know this)
  • Briarthorn near trees
  • Stranglekelp under water near coastlines
  • Bruiseweed around building and structures, particularly wells (yes really)
  • Wild Steelbloom hills, mounds and cliffs
  • Kingsblood in open areas (???)
  • Grave Moss graveyards exclusively
  • Fadeleaf base of trees (???)
  • Liferoot banks of ponds, rivers, lakes
  • Goldthorn not sure, database says rock
  • Khadgar's Whisker base of trees
  • Wintersbite in the open, but only in cold zones
  • Wildvine from purple lotus spawns
  • Firebloom near lava pools (so searing gorge etc.) but also in tanaris in the middle of the desert
  • Purple Lotus not sure, but apparently they spawn near old ruins - particularly pillars oddly enough
  • Arthas' Tear Eastern Kingdoms only, plaguelands, in the open
  • Sungrass In the open
  • Gromsblood anywhere where demons lvl35+ are found, in the open
  • Golden Samsam shaded areas
  • Dreamfoil in the open
  • Mountain Silversage hills, mounds, and cliffs
  • Plaguebloom in the open, plaguelands
  • Icecap Winterspring, everywhere
  • Bloodvine ZG
  • Black Lotus High lvl zones, apparently they share spawns with Dreamfoil but idk

I think thats all.

Forgot Blindweed me thinks. :3

Posted (edited)

With 5 k population, the spawns of nodes and creatures should indeed be faster. Just remember, that dynamic spawns ain't blizzlike at all. Remember ppl crying at the TBC launch that they can't do shit with 10 players hunting 1 felorc? Blizzard was like: meh, just wait a few weeks noobs, we won't change anything.:)

Edited by Macu

Posted (edited)

On 1.4.2017 at 10:29 AM, Macu said:

With 5 k population, the spawns of nodes and creatures should indeed be faster. Just remember, that dynamic spawns ain't blizzlike at all. Remember ppl crying at the TBC launch that they can't do shit with 10 players hunting 1 felorc? Blizzard was like: meh, just wait a few weeks noobs, we won't change anything.:)

Yeah but that's just part of the beauty of serverstart/tbc launch :D

Edited by Mogri