Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Outstanding

Time to flounce into the sunset

43 posts in this topic

Very sad indeed, that you want to leave Outstanding. For me you were part of the general "face" of the community (if this makes any sense) and definitely one of reasons i wanted to join the forum because of the good athomsphere. As stated by many, toxicity within the community may rise as we come near to release anyway and i think it would be good if people like you stay and help working against that tendency. BUT maybe you will be back some day, i would appreciate that. I'd like to say thank you for your contribution to make this a better forum and wish you all the best!

My personal feeling about the announcement got more positive during the last few hours and i have to agree with this statement:

11 hours ago, Soulson said:

If you've grown to trust the developers little by little over the past 8+ months, with every statement of purpose, every announcement from Asura, and every Darkrasp update, are you truly ready to abandon that trust after one announcement you don't like while there's still so much that none of us know?

I think we should just wait until we get the promised FAQ and interview, although it would have been better if this stuff would have been released straight with the announcement itself. When we get an explanation for the reasons behind this decision we can still decide what we want to do with it.

8 minutes ago, Lilaina said:
2 hours ago, VladAtheris said:

I'm asking the people who have decided to remain with CF. How many of you will wait for the CF release and how many of you will just start on Elysium right now because you know it will eventually be the same thing?

It's not going to be the same thing. It will be vanilla forever with Elysium team's rules.

And the reason why Elysium is toxic is because its overpopulated, not because the main player base in there is somehow fundamentally different compared to other projects. Another reason to wait for CF, which is going to have reasonable population caps.

Edited 3 minutes ago by Lilaina

Exactly! If Crestfall doesn't mess with the way they wanted to run the server in the first place, for me it's still the place to go. Most of all i am looking for a FRESH vanilla server without tons of people who are allready 60 and well geared and as far as i know Elysium is not going to reset their server. Of course the PTE aspect is a huge deal for me too, so Crestfall is really the only place to go for me.

I have to agree with @Lilaina on one more Point: I really don't see any negative sides of helping other servers out to ultimately improve the experience for even more players. I really can't see that the Elysium Staff will have any influence on how Crestfall staff will run the crestfall servers. If the Crestfall team stays true to their overall concept of how things on the server should be handled there should be no problems... maybe i'm just too naive, but i want to stay positive about all this :P

i dont know whats the problem.

When CF would release without this partnership, lots of people will come and the forum would change obviously....

So whats the matter when Elysium comes. Their reddit is already awesome. I cant wait for CF to be like that, they are clearly having fun and i am here in the private server community since release of Cata and i am satisfied.

Vanilla was non existent, shit quality was first, now we get golden quality hopefully with everything beeing fixed and correcting blizzards mistakes. Its just to awesome.

I was so frustrated with only 100 people on a server and getting hyped about breaking new online records. now look at this amount, its awesome, ofc not awesome anymore when you become more aware of bugs and its actual influence (unfair advantage).

If vanilla tbc and wotlk are out on CF and we all play with the quality of asura's team's work, then with this huge population it also has a potential to inspire or steal ideas from this game where companies wanna create something like this or even get inspired to do something else that is fun.

Whatever i will be having fun.

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

Elysium players in reddit are complaining that what's the point of playing there now when it doesn't progress to BC like CF does...

It's not going to be the same thing. It will be vanilla forever with Elysium team's rules.

Hope this will end up being the case but transfers from Elysium to Legacy Crusade (the perma BC server) actually still up for discussion. So if they do go through I can imagine people will be less inclined to roll on Crestfall. I really don't see the point behind transfers to a completely different server to be honest, nor this needy attitude some redditors have since they rolled on a vanilla server knowing full well what that meant.

Only thing in common between pserver communities is that were all pirates.And nothing more.Every commune will defend "their" server and find flaws in others.Human emotions. YAR!!!!

6 minutes ago, Elicas said:

They seem to think because the devs are happy to work together, the communities will naturally come together.

Newsflash. Not in a million fucking years.

There's conflict between the Elysium servers for populations, who has the most legitimate server firsts, etc. etc. The community will forever be at each others throats to get the most population and the most popular and important server.

That wont change with this announcement. The playerbases between Elysium, Crestfall and Legacy Crusade will always be in a form of PR war.

Lack of communication on the forums is indeed annoying but hardly anything new. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release an official statement until Darkrasp's next update. 9_9

But why would the different communities have to "come together"? The key thing here is that developers help each other in making best possible private servers. Players themselves can continue playing on the projects they prefer as always. I intend to patiently wait for CF's release and couldn't care less what is going on with other projects. A loud minority of Crestfall and Elysium players have been at each others throats and waging a war on reddit for months now, so nothing new there either.

16 minutes ago, Elicas said:

I have no desire to be affiliated with them in any way, and this is really rubbing me up the wrong way.

So...just ignore the drama/development side of things and play on CF when its ready? It's not like the elysium devs carry some disease that will infect the CF devs and make them turn their realm into a buggy and overcrowded mess. I really struggle to understand this mentality that CF is now ruined because its devs are also working on another project. Its the elysium players who should be complaining why their project has been hijacked by Asura. :P

What I fear is the core community members of CF leaving, and a bunch of new ones from Elysium coming over, which would pretty much turn this nice and friendly community into a regular shit we've seen everywhere. I guess it should have happened anyway, later when CF released, but this way it feels more... forced?

I am also annoyed by the whole idea of united community working for each other's benefit. I mean, cmon, how can people be so naive? Yes, maybe leaders of CF and Elysium will pretend to be friendly and nice in public, but we all know there will always be competition to be better than the other. And no, the point of legacy community is NOT to help others become better, it is to BE the better one, remove the weak ones in your path and earn your place at the top of the hill. Simple as that. Might sound harsh or negative to some, but that's how things work. You do not help out your competition, you do not give away your hard work...

Unless you have a much bigger masterplan on mind... ^_^

What annoys me the most is CF giving away their hard work to Elysium, who, in my opinion, don't deserve shit. I said it and I'll say it again - they've received so much they don't deserve. They were a trash server for years, up until Nost gave them their database and with it, their own hype. And now CF will give them the fruit of their hard work... Doesn't it bother anyone that Elysium went from being pure shit to being the "leader" of Vanilla WoW in a couple of months?

In the end, I guess all that remains is to wait for the FAQ and see. Though I doubt even that will tell us much. We already gained many answers, but the real question - will CF profit from this deal more than Elysium? - will not be answered.

Edited by Wolfrig

12 minutes ago, Wolfrig said:

What I fear is the core community members of CF leaving, and a bunch of new ones from Elysium coming over, which would pretty much turn this nice and friendly community into a regular shit we've seen everywhere. I guess it should have happened anyway, later when CF released, but this way it feels more... forced?

I am also annoyed by the whole idea of united community working for each other's benefit. I mean, cmon, how can people be so naive? Yes, maybe leaders of CF and Elysium will pretend to be friendly and nice in public, but we all know there will always be competition to be better than the other. And no, the point of legacy community is NOT to help others become better, it is to BE the better one, destroy those in your path and earn your place at the top of the hill. Simple as that. Might sound harsh or negative to some, but that's how things work. You do not help out your competition, you do not give away your hard work...

Unless you have a much bigger masterplan on mind...

What annoys me the most is CF giving away their hard work to Elysium, who, in my opinion, don't deserve shit. I said it and I'll say it again - they've received so much they don't deserve. They were a trash server for years, up until Nost gave them their database and with it, their own hype. And now CF will give them the fruit of their hard work... Doesn't it bother anyone that Elysium went from being pure shit to being the "leader" of Vanilla WoW in a couple of months?

In the end, I guess all that remains is to wait for the FAQ and see. Though I doubt even that will tell us much. We already gained many answers, but the real question - will CF profit from this deal more than Elysium? - will not be answered.

It may be rude , they are like parasites (Elysium) 

When they opened the first Elysium, they had a online ~1000, ~1500 max in prime time. It is in the best case, was below online

And merging with Nost it is not the first of their merger

Edited by mEm

4 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

To an extent I'm not even mad about the announcement itself but more about what it's doing to the community. Can't argue that it's sparked quite some negativity. Be it people leaving or generally losing even a little bit of trust for the CF team.

Have all my +'s just for this one line.

I'm going to be straight with you when I say this next bit. I would not be truthful if I said I wasn't concerned with the announcement, but the community becoming fractured, breaking and scattering to the winds concerns me more. When I came to learn of CF and what it was, I browsed the forum for a long time to see what CF's community was like. What I saw was posts from a few names repeatedly. Names like Outstanding, Cell007, Roadblock, Elicas, Xaverius, and more come to mind. Every time I saw one of these same people post I would read because more often then not it was either silly stuff that was funny or useful, factual stuff about vanilla WoW, of which I lack knowledge about. The community is lessened for each that decides to leave over this. I can't blame them for doing it, much less stop them from doing it, but I will be saddened by it and don't want it to happen.

In the end, people will go where they feel they must. To those who feel that CF is no longer that place,

4495474.jpg (Not on this forum anyway..........memes go everywhere)

Goodbye, and hopefully, we'll see you again.

17 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Its the elysium players who should be complaining why their project has been hijacked by Asura.

lol

9 hours ago, Lilaina said:

As for this community dying because people don't want to play here anymore, I highly doubt. This will still be the only PTE project and the fact that Elysium will be stuck in vanilla forever instead of progressing to BC eventually, like nost intended, means more people, especially those new to the private server scene, will more likely be interested in CF.

This is my main concern. The character transfers from Elysium to LC that will simulate a PTE experience. That is going to draw people away from CF I believe in a negative way.

They should have at least given the people concrete facts about the benefits of this merger. I don't really have any claim since I haven't been really invested in the realm at all. I just thought it would be a nice place for vanilla. But there are some who have spent days worth of time on these forums and they get nothing.

We hope you can see the huge benefits to all parties from this arrangement, and you understand why we're so excited about it.  In the coming weeks and months you'll see some of the results of this new partnership taking root.  Finally, private server developers are working together to provide a unified network, where players can experience Legacy WoW in whatever manner they choose, on whatever expansion they choose, without having to jump between competing projects.  We want this to mark a new era of inter-project co-operation - to the benefit of all.

This means nothing. What? I have to figure out the benefits myself? I'm not on the team of devs. What information do I have to help me figure it out?

You should have said exactly what you are getting out of it. How many researchers do they have, how many coders, how many beta testers? Do they have any at all anymore? Isn't their core already up and running? I doubt they are doing any more research and not much beside fixing major bugs. What are their resources exactly?

My guess, since I am basically asked to guess, is that Elysium brings in money and name recognition. But maybe I am 100% wrong. I don't know because I have nothing to go on except a vague statement.

Plus Elysium is already shafting CF by presenting them as some failing project in need of rescue. The general impression on their forums is that CF have to 'prove themselves worthy' of being allowed to join Elysium.

So. 24 hours later and not much change, sadly. I did give a commitment to take all of these shenanigans at face value. 

You can really only deal with the facts. I'd be happy to see my opinion change when the facts change, but I highly doubt this is going to happen.

What a clusterfuck of miscommunication this has been, but over the last few months it's been clear that the forum community has all the value of decoration to the devs. So just like a roadkill, we are all a minor speed bump on the road to necessity.

I think one of the main reasons for the move is that it secures the future of LC owing to transfers from Elysium realms, it also provides a stay of execution for the Elysium realms stuck in their perpetual cul-de-sac of vanilla.

Woo-hoo

In the meantime, every second, minute and hour staff from CF spend fixing things on Elysium is a second, minute and hour spent less developing CF. 

CF when becomes CF ever? Still gobsmacked by the suddenness of what happened, combined with the lack of understanding and communication 

As I said at the start I am still playing Elysium and will play on CF when and if it launches, but I have zero intentions of any commitments.

At least the forum review should have better figures this month. Someone else can pick up the baton though.

See you around.

Edited by Outstanding

I'd suggest waiting for the FAQ. From talking to Asura and Darkrasp this evening, things are significantly less dramatic for CF than first seems.

of course it is, the overreaction and drama making here and on other threads is simply mindblowing

Edited by Chizzum

It was decided not to make any response until the FAQ was ready to prevent any further misinformation.  If you have further concerns or questions after you have read the FAQ, please ask them then.

2 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

It was decided not to make any response until the FAQ was ready to prevent any further misinformation.  If you have further concerns or questions after you have read the FAQ, please ask them then.

My GM ticket is on your thread, so you might, with the courtesy we associate with your country, do me the honour of responding in kind with a full and frank disclosure. I'm happy to take stuff off line if that suits.

On 2/8/2017 at 6:02 PM, Soulson said:

If you've grown to trust the developers little by little over the past 8+ months, with every statement of purpose, every announcement from Asura, and every Darkrasp update, are you truly ready to abandon that trust after one announcement you don't like while there's still so much that none of us know?

You mean they didn't first? There was never a talk on joining forces and if there was I will ask for proof. 

DAMNIT @Outstanding. I just made a post dedicated to your work and you're gone for the exact reasons I am harboring. Shit...... pretty much tore this all apart.

Edited by Neuf
Giving Outstanding his due..