Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lufhtrae

Official Druid Patch Notes

Overview

I have been away for so long from Nostalrius and finally caught up on Elysium then started to lurk on Crestfall for a few months. As a theorycrafter, what concerns me at the moment is that I could not find a single comprehensive but simple summary of druid patch notes. I will be divulging deeper into this subject as I find more reliable data since I rely on three official sources; official vanilla data from archive.org which contains (1)archived patch notes, (2)archived blizzard forums, and (3) reverse engineered data from WoW client files. Unofficial sources may be considered if there is enough data backing them up such as from (1) Core Emulation Developer/Engineer, (2)unofficial vanilla forums such as Crestfall/Nostalrius/Elysium, and (3) existing databases such as current vanilla-wow.wikia.com.

Constructive feedback from you as a community will be extremely helpful where you are able to submit one of three things;

• Photos or videos showing druids wearing specific gear and shows the overall stats in official vanilla server but must be uploaded earlier than 2.0.1 patch which was released on 12/05/2006
  • Links to official sources as mentioned above
  • Links to unofficial sources as mentioned above with enough justification to satisfy the rationale of official sources

WoW Patches - www.archive.org

Legend: Balance, Feral, Restoration, Misc

• 1.12.0 released on 08/22/2006 - Link to Patch Notes
    • Cat Form: This form now has an innate threat reduction component.
    • Ferocious Bite: Book of Ferocious Bite (Rank 5) now drops off The Beast in Black Rock Spire. In addition, Ferocious Bite now increases in potency with greater attack power.
    • Furor: This talent now works correctly with Cat Form again.
    • Improved Shred: The discounted cost for Shred will now be displayed correctly even when you are not in Cat Form.
    • Rip: Lesser potency Rips will no longer overwrite greater potency ones.
    • Fixed a bug where the incorrect sound was being played by the Claw attack
    • Barkskin: The tooltip has been changed to 25% due to the haste effect change

• 1.11.2 released on 07/11/2006 - Link to Patch Notes
    • The tool tip for the talent Omen of Clarity now reflects its new duration of 10 minutes.
    • Fixed an issue where players with the Heart of the Wild talent were losing health each time they shifted to Bear Form or Dire Bear Form.
    • Fixed an issue where players with the Furor talent were not staying in combat mode when shifting to bear form and were losing the extra rage generated

• The Omen of Clarity talent now lasts 10 minutes. The tooltip does not yet correctly reflect the new longer duration, and will be updated in a future patch
    • Nature's Grace: You will no longer consume this effect when casting a spell which was made instant by Nature's Swiftness.
    • Enrage: Tooltip edited to clarify functionality.
    • Swiftmend: This new talent has been added to the Druid Restoration tree, replacing Innervate as the 31 point ultimate talent. It consumes a Rejuvenation or Regrowth aura to produce an instant heal.
    • Innervate: This spell is now a base ability for all Druids, trainable at level 40. Any Druid who formerly had the Innervate talent now has the Swiftmend talent instead

• 1.10.1 released on 03/28/2006 - Link to Patch Notes
    • Nature's Grace will now correctly trigger after every spell critical strike.
    • Fixed a bug that occasionally prevented the Omen of Clarity talent from casting.

• Ravage - Can no longer be dodged, parried, or blocked.
    • Rip - Is now properly considered a Bleed effect.
    • Bear Form and Dire Bear Form - It is no longer possible at very low health to die when shifting out of these forms.
    • Pounce - This ability will no longer apply its bleed effect when the attack misses or is dodged.
    • Healing Touch - Mana cost on all ranks reduced approximately 9%.
    • Nature's Swiftness - Now makes Rebirth and Soothe Animal spells instant cast.
    • Cure Poison - Can no longer be cast while in Moonkin form.
    • Gift of the Wild - Range and area of effect increased.
    • All shapeshift forms can now use equipped items.
    • Some creature Mana Drain spells were previously able to mana drain druids in forms that do not display mana. That has been fixed.
    • Previously, shifting into an animal form granted a one-second immunity to roots and snares. That has been changed to dispelling roots and snares.
    • A new level 52 druid quest that takes place in Un'Goro crater has been added.
    • Relics have been introduced to the game. These are class specific items for Druids, Paladins, and Shaman which can be equipped in the ranged slot. Currently there are a handful for each class which can be found scattered throughout Blackrock Depths, Blackrock Spire, Dire Maul, Scholomance, Stratholme, and The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. We hope that you enjoy the first round of available relics and we will continue to add more in future patches.

• 1.9.1 released on 01/10/2006 - Link to Patch Notes
    • Heart of the Wild - Previously, when shifting to Bear Form or Dire Bear Form, this talent would cause your current health to increase by the same amount as your max health. Now it will cause your percentage of max health to be the same before and after the shift, as well as shifting back to humanoid form. As a result, shifting in and out of these forms will no longer cause an increase in current health.
    • Druids with the Symbol of Unending Energy will now be properly awarded 30 energy if their finishing move is dodged, parried, blocked, or missed.
    • Feral Charge - Should no longer desync characters from the server when charging from land to water.

• 1.9.0 released on 01/03/2006
    • Omen of Clarity - Special attacks will no longer consume their own clearcasting state. All melee attacks will now be able to trigger the clearcasting state.
    • Nature's Grasp - This spell can now trigger from special melee attacks. It will no longer be possible to cast Entangling Roots at no mana cost immediately after Nature's Grasp procs.
    • Nature's Grace - The Nature's Grace buff will now appear on the player upon completion of casting, before the travel time of the spell. So, Wrath crits will now benefit the casting time of the next spell cast.
    • Improved Starfire - The stun effect's duration no longer diminishes or is diminished by controlled stun abilities and spells (e.g. Cheap Shot, Hammer of Justice, Charge etc.).
    • Omen of Clarity - This spell now works correctly with Bash, Rip, Ferocious Bite, and Demoralizing Roar, granting a decrease in the cost of the ability. Ferocious Bite will still use the entire energy bar to generate additional damage.
    • Cat Form - Feline Swiftness will now regain its speed increase when moving from indoors to outdoors.
    • Bear and Dire Bear form - Effects that lower armor will now lower armor by a percentage of the druid's full armor, rather than just base (caster form) armor. However, Enrage will still only remove 75% of base armor.
    • Insect Swarm - New icon.
    • Cure Poison - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
    • Remove Curse - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
    • Abolish Poison - Mana cost now based on a percentage of base mana.
    • Druids can preview different weapons in the dressing room while in moonkin form

• 1.8.0 released on 10/10/2005Link to Patch Notes
    • Shapeshifting - Fixed a bug where the Chilled effect caused by Ice Armor/Frost Armor was not removed properly when shapeshifting.
    • Swipe - Self cooldown removed.
    • Cat Form - The attack power bonus from the base cat form will now calculate correctly on zoning or logging in.
    • Tranquility - Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes. Mana cost reduced by 25%.
    • Remove Curse - Updated tooltip to reflect that it's usable on friendly targets only.
    • Due to significant talent changes, talent points for Druids have been refunded and can be respent. Training costs for all talent spell/ability replacements have been significantly reduced.
    • Hurricane - No longer a talent. Now available to all Druids at level 40. Damage and Mana cost increased on all ranks. Spell is now cast on a targeted area up to 30 yards away and affected by Nature's Reach.
    • Multiple Druids casting Hurricane will no longer stack the slowdown effect. Radius of effect decreased slightly.

• 1.7.0 released on 09/22/2005Link to Patch Notes
    • Improved Starfire - The stun effect can now be resisted.
    • Entangling Roots now shares the same duration in pvp as other long-duration forms of crowd control (ie: polymorph, fear, sap).
    • Cat Form - The base weapon damage of the form has been increased.
    • Cat Form - Each point of agility now adds 1 attack power.
    • Cat Form - Rip's damage per combo point has been increased.
    • Cat Form - Ferocious Bite's damage per combo point has been increased. In addition, extra energy now converts to damage at a higher rate.
    • Cat Form - Replaced global cooldown on Tiger's Fury with a 1 second self cooldown. In addition, its duration has been increased to 6 seconds.
    • Cat Form - Rake's damage has been increased.
    • Druids should now be able to shapeshift back into caster form while Feared.

• 1.6.0 released on 08/02/2005Link to Patch Notes
    • Feral Charge - Targets that are immune to immobilizing effects will no longer be affected by Feral Charge's immobilizing effect. The interrupt will still affect the target.
    • Shapeshifting will now counteract the slowing effects of frost-based spells (Frostbolt, Frost Shock, Cone of Cold, etc.).
    • Shadowmeld (Night Elf Racial) - Now reports the correct error message when attempted in shapeshift form.
    • Druid shapeshift form buttons are no longer dimmed while under the effects of Polymorph.
    • Fixed a bug in aquatic form which sometimes prevented the Druid from returning to caster form upon exiting lava.
    • The stealth detection bonus on the Druid PvP set gloves has been changed to work in all forms, including caster form.
    • The Feral Speed Increase ability of the PvP Reward Druid sets has been temporarily removed in this patch. The ability will be readded to the sets in a future patch.
    • Set bonus for Stormshroud armor improved. It should be more compelling for rogues and druids now.

• 1.5.0 released on 06/07/2005Link to Patch Notes
    • Barkskin - Now has a new visual.
    • Viper sting will not drain mana from Druids while they are shapeshifted.

• 1.4.0 released on 05/05/2005 Link to Patch Notes
    • Entangling Roots - Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is considered an immobilizing effect
    • Druid ability: Rip - greatly increased in attack power.
    • Ravage and Shred now properly increase the attack power contribution by the percent modifier.
    • Feral Charge - Fixed a bug where the ability cost 10 rage instead of five as intended. Should now cost five rage.
    • Shapeshifting into an animal form will now remove Polymorph effects.
    • Charm and Polymorph mechanics can now be reactively countered by spells and abilities (e.g. Druid Shapeshifting will now cancel Polymorph effects).
    • Viper Sting - This spell can no longer be used on warrior and rogue targets. In addition, while it can be used on a druid target at any time it will only drain mana when the druid is in caster form.

• 1.3.0 released on 03/22/2005Link to Patch Notes
    • Cat Form - DPS increase at levels 40-60.
    • New Ability (Cat Form): Ferocious Bite (available at level 32) - Finishing move that causes damage per combo point and converts each extra point of energy into additional damage.
    • New Ability (Bear Form): Frenzied Regeneration (available at level 36) - Converts an amount of rage into health every second for a short duration.
    • Swiftshifting - Talent changed. When leaving a shapeshift form, the next shapeshift form you take will have a 20%/40%/60% mana cost reduction if used within 6 seconds.
    • Gift of the Wild - This spell is now cast on the target's party.
    • New Spell: Barkskin (available at level 44) - The druid's skin becomes as tough as bark. Physical damage taken is reduced. While protected, taking damage will not cause spellcasting delays, but non-instant spells take longer to cast and melee combat is slowed.
    • Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
    • Rebirth - Casting time and mana cost reduced; now ignores resurrection timers.

• 1.2.0 released on 12/18/2004Link to Patch Notes
    • Entangling Roots: Rank 4 moved to level 38.
    • Bear Form: Armor bonus increased from 65% to 180%.
    • Dire Bear Form: Armor bonus increased from 125% to 360%.
    • New Spell: Gift of the Wild (Level 50) - Longer lasting Mark of the Wild spell that buffs the entire group. Requires a reagent to cast. (Spell is available via loot drop only.)
    • Hibernate: Players now have an increasing chance to break free of the effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than 15 seconds.

Updates
2017/02/08 - Legend with colors added for visuals
2017/02/10 - Patch notes is rearranged to match visuals for readability, links are now shortened, and patch numericals are now bigger

Edited by Lufhtrae

Solid initiative.

Been working on my Shaman Resto guide and cleaning up my Elemental and Enhancement guides. Think it will be worth taking the time to do one of these over there as well.

Shame I can't rep you more than once.

On 2/11/2017 at 3:37 AM, Elicas said:

Solid initiative.

Been working on my Shaman Resto guide and cleaning up my Elemental and Enhancement guides. Think it will be worth taking the time to do one of these over there as well.

Shame I can't rep you more than once.

I appreciate the support :) hopefully this helps us build a transparent and solid vanilla experience.

Damn. Sorry I missed this. Excellent stuff. Did you apply for Beta testing by any chance?

23 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

Damn. Sorry I missed this. Excellent stuff. Did you apply for Beta testing by any chance?

I believe so but I never got a beta invitation yet.

11 minutes ago, Lufhtrae said:

I believe so but I never got a beta invitation yet.

That would make sense seeing as they haven't tested druids yet. I'm sure you ticked the theorycrafter box, right? Looks like you and Elicas will go tandem.

It's looking more like I will play Druid at this stage.

Vested interests have I

18 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

That would make sense seeing as they haven't tested druids yet. I'm sure you ticked the theorycrafter box, right? Looks like you and Elicas will go tandem.

It's looking more like I will play Druid at this stage.

Vested interests have I

I checked the theorycrafter box for druids so hopefully I'll be seeing you soon on the other side :)

I support this thread and i would like to see this from every class, and further, from every thing in vanilla. Listing the changes made from first to last.

Great stuff mate! Keep it up!

Bear Form: Armor bonus increased from 65% to 180%.

Dire Bear Form: Armor bonus increased from 125% to 360%.

Wow! Looks Blizzard thought druids were too stronk before...