Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

onco

How far do you plan to stick around?

How long do you look to play?   115 members have voted

1. 1. How far do you look to play?

• Vanilla only
    • Vanilla+BC
    • Vanilla+BC+WoTLK
    • Vanilla+BC+WoTLK+Cata
    • Pandaland lul

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
29 posts in this topic

I'm gonna vote Vanilla + TBC + WoTLK.

I loved everything up to WoTLK, i liked early Cataclysm but not everything in Cataclysm so yea that's my vote.

TBC being my beloved part of the game, where for me the best raids are at.

7 minutes ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

I'm gonna vote Vanilla + TBC + WoTLK.

I loved everything up to WoTLK, i liked early Cataclysm but not everything in Cataclysm so yea that's my vote.

TBC being my beloved part of the game, where for me the best raids are at.

I totally agree with you. Cataclysm was interesting to me only because of the change of Azeroth.

TBC has introduced new colors and a new atmosphere. I just walked at OUTLAND and enjoy these beauties

I'm not sure honestly.  I'll definitely play up to WotLK since that's as far as I played in retail and really enjoyed it.  After that, it probably depends on what the devs decide to do.  If they want to progress to Cata, MoP, etc.  I'll probably go along as well.  It would be interesting to experience all that content that I missed as it would have been (fresh).  If I can COPY but not TRANSFER my PTE character to another realm I'm sure I'd do that in case I want to go back, but I think I would be terribly bored stopping at one expansion forever.

I'm more than willing to stick around until and during Wrath but we'll see I suppose. I haven't been able to fully engage myself into TBC over the past couple of years so I'm not sure how I'll feel come the time.

I'm personally in for the whole ride. I'm a oldschool vanilla player, but I prefer TBC more than Vanilla so I probably won't be hardcore until TBC launches, and work mostly throughout Vanilla.

Well, after the events of the last 24 hours, I have no idea, honestly.

I dont care about PTE, I want to take advantage of playing on a expansion longer than it was available on blizzards hands.

So i will play all 3 but not on PTE. I hope by PTE Wotlk they have a single-Wotlk project where i will go.

Just shitty thing is i dont wanna get banned because Gamemasters, Rules or Community Managers are to corrupt.

I like the mentality of CF, i felt good with them here now we have to go to the others...

I survived Feenix, Kronos and Nostalrius, I think Elysium is the best option out of these 4 and the potential that Elysiums Stuff can become more healthier/friendlier with their rules and decisions, since they are teamed up with CF and LC.

Edited by Brikot

1 hour ago, Xaverius said:

Pretty much for me as well :)

I can probably "finish" vanilla content myself in the allotted time for the PTE timeline.

But I have friends / family that due to iRL circumstances won't make it.

The tentative plan was for me (and any others that can scoot along fast to follow the upgrade up, but keep alts on the vanilla realm as well, and work through content at a slower pace with the rest and any "fresh" players joining vanilla in the mean time).

It appears that with the network idea we'll have to scatter all over the place.

The "slowpokes" that want to go through classic at their own pace will have to pick one of the perpetual classic realms, any of us interested in PTE that can play more choose the PTE branch of the network and switch servers when we want to play together?

Don't really know, we'll discuss among ourselves and decide.

There's a chance we'll just say "f*ck it" and try one of the upcoming games together like https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/game_tenets/ :P

Edited by Roadblock

I'd say up until Legion(Don't see it happening, but that would probably be the stopping point for me). MoP was my favorite expansion, and WoD the raids were good, and I played to raid. WoD at least didn't make me want to quit. Legion did.

If, for some really strange reason, CF got to Legion, if I got in a good guild I was attached to from previous expansions, I might at least hang around for awhile, see how it goes.

Until Cata. But I'll probably quit Wow/gaming before we get there :P So maybe TBC-Wotlk

If it was all today I'd stay for the whole ride, probably with alts in the static servers to see if I could "clear" the content.

But in reality I know I'll get burned out. I always do.
So I answered WOTLK in the poll. I know that even if I get burned out in the first month of vanilla (highly unlikely) I'd still come back for TBC, same with getting burned out during TBC and coming back for WOTLK.

How many years in the future are we talking about? is it something like 2 Vanilla years?
The team said they'll progress once they are satisfied with the number of people who cleared content, not necessarily following blizzlike times.

8 minutes ago, Tamaskan said:

How many years in the future are we talking about? is it something like 2 Vanilla years?
The team said they'll progress once they are satisfied with the number of people who cleared content, not necessarily following blizzlike times.

Estimated ~16-18 months of Vanilla according to their current plans.

Edited by Clavus

Too early to tell since we're talking many years here. I've played it all on retail but didn't raid in Cata or MoP so I wouldn't mind doing that assuming I'm with a good guild I enjoy playing with.

I honestly think people will like Cata a lot better on a server like this. While there will still be lfr and lfg it would be one server only. That means you don't get the toxicity or silence that is retail since you actually will be running into the same people multiple times and will have a repercussion to being an ass. Plus there won't be the long ass break with nothing to do after DS.

3 hours ago, Frost said:

Already had a thread like this

Yah but an older one not that relevant at this point. A lot of things has happened since

Vanilla + TBC.

I played so much during WotLK that I pretty much did everything I could have done back then. Except for PVP, but one might say that wouldn't have been possible for me anyway :P

Even got my TLPD!

I have never experienced WoW during its transition stages from one expansion to the other. I've always heard people go from one to the other and the common consensus seems to be that each new iteration is worse than the previous one.

Now, I'm not saying that is not true. But I just want to go through the same experience just to see what all this rage is about. I'm planning to stick with it until Legion, if need be. 

On 10. 2. 2017 at 3:23 PM, Xaverius said:

Well, after the events of the *new* last 24 hours, I am back in business. Definitely until TBC (including). Then we'll see if transfers are a thing or not.

Edited by Xaverius