Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

62 posts in this topic
11 hours ago, Overdrive said:

Wait so shouldn't this post be in the PvE realm discussion? And I wouldn't argue that PvE players have less passion, ability, or skill sets than PvP players... well, except at PvP.

Greetings. So to answer your questions. 

1. This post predates the PvE discussion forum. Otherwise agree of course. 

2. There are certain PvP players who feel that only playing on a PvP realm is a realistic reflection on playing wow. This thread is a counterargument on that thought process 

Lolved reading the op. Very similar story to my own. 

And I'm not gonna lie. The Relics of Wakening is at least 60% of the reason I'm rolling horde.

On 17/09/2016 at 1:11 AM, Chany said:

While I am alliance.. the sound that male gnomes make when they die... Music to my ears

I just love hearing undead and trolls dying especially male ones. Really have never decided which one is better, both are awesome:D

PS. Relics of Wakening is one of most epic quests for me :x (but sometimes i did gone mad on it, must admitxD)

Edited by Blackrobe
PS

The human male death cry...it does things to me.

/no that's not why I main Horde on PVP why would you say that

Yo, okay but The Relics of Awakening has nothing on Ursal the Mauler - that furry motherfucker is surrounded by too many mobs.

I second the death sounds of gnomes.

I don't kill people unless they kill me first though.

Oh god the relics . . . I fell in love with Teldrassil. I managed that quest but then couldn't get out, so escaped by dying - > running - > ressing a bit further up the tunnel. I hadn't learned about the spirit healer. Then I fell off Teldrassil, with my corpse getting stuck part way down. It took 3hrs for me to decide to talk to the floaty woman in front of me.

The only thing I was good at was keeping my Nightsaber friendly.

I only started in TBC though. So for me, it's a chance to actually experience Vanilla.

On 13/07/2016 at 10:22 PM, Outstanding said:

...  through RPG's like Basic D&D, Runequest, Traveller et al. ...

Oh shit! I had completely forgotten about Traveller!

It just saddens me that so many people think that the only magic of Vanilla comes from nostalgia and memories from back in the day. I'm not good with words so when it comes to discussing the case with people on the opposite opinion I just end up saying try and see it for yourself. Obviously with no real argument put there they will most likely never play Vanilla and think rather strange things of me.

I've never actually played retail. I've been playing WoW for years and years but I first experienced the beauty of Vanilla on the realms of Nostalrius. Suffice to say, I got hooked instantly. There is something special in the game. I try to tell people that it comes from the game actually being rewarding. You do need to work towards your goals. The sense of accomplishment is there during all levels.  Never will I be able to explain it. It just triggers me that people don't think Vanilla can be loved for itself.

I just want to share the love of vanilla and I get tilted when I can't get it across. Sorry for ranting in such a nice thread.

I miss threads like this. The good ol' times of summer of 2016.

On 9/12/2017 at 2:29 PM, Sque said:

I miss threads like this. The good ol' times of summer of 2016.

Yeah, well I miss writing them. Contrary to what people may think, there is zero difference between the perspective of the old community heads and the developers of Crestfall in terms of what we wanted to happen. The issue is just about where we are now and how we got there. There is a huge, massive requirement for a kick-ass Pserver version of Warcraft as per the Benedict core, a PTE philosophy, and a mature, committed community prepared to regulate itself through a panel of gamesmasters with a shared philosophy.

The potential was huge.