Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gurona

Plans for dealing with botters?

28 posts in this topic

As the title suggests what sort of plans do you have for dealing with botters? Elysium has a huge issue with it right now. There are several bots in development for 1.12 currently and it's causing a huge problem on the elysium realms.

Here's a collection of videos for proof.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pgguy2003

Not really the answer to botting specifically, but PTE is going to have a limited number connections per IP address (I believe 2 was the max being discussed last time I read about it) as well as block all VPNs from China. To me, those are much more likely to cause issues on the server than botting. Just my opinion, but there are many more efficient ways to get exp and gold in WoW that you could get more gains from actually playing for a few hours over botting for a day.

Not an official response by far, but from what I know there are a few things to limit it.

There is going to be a VPN ban which granted is more for goldselling than botting but the two are usually intertwined.

There can be no modifications made to the client if there are it is instantly bannable (outside of approved mods, but as of now there are none approved) with the technology to detect it being made/completed.

3rd party software if detected which I think they're finding a way to is bannable.

Besides that I think it's up to the players to report and the GMs to be attentive.

I have a few things Drakrasp said in the Discord Channel:

bZeAYxN.png

U2qOTJr.png

pm8uns0.png

5d6KeQ1.png

yIVhqzA.png

RfKzU2J.png

F5PtZRv.png

nxxkXKd.png

In the war against botters, scripters, cheaters and gold sellers, revealing the methods is pretty bad since it makes it easier to circumvent detection. So we shouldn't expect anything much more informative than this snippets.

Okay that's awesome. I mean I came to Elysium with friends to play, but honestly at any given time you can sprint through a zone and find 10 botters. The situation is dire and I really can't be part of a community that is comprised of cheats and botters. Perhaps I am asking to much but it really ruins the experience for me. Not to mention that people on Elysium just seem to be okay with it.

I reported a guy video'd him and he got banned. 2 days later he was back and botting, recorded him again and reported him. No ban ticket was cleared. I opened up communication with him we chatted for a bit I told him I wouldn't reveal things he said, so I won't. But needless to say corruption runs deep.

1 hour ago, Gurona said:

I opened up communication with him we chatted for a bit I told him I wouldn't reveal things he said, so I won't. But needless to say corruption runs deep.

I need to know more.

StarshipTroopers.jpg

This is what is being discussed more and more frequent these days. Its clear that Elysium gms or administration is in favor with the gold cartels from the east. All the signs are there. This is what makes all this partnership collaboration so wrong for me.

Edited by Joyman
addendum

1 hour ago, Joyman said:

This is what is being discussed more and more frequent these days. Its clear that Elysium gms or administration is in favor with the gold cartels from the east. All the signs are there. This is what makes all this partnership collaboration so wrong for me.

It isn't wrong because Elysium staff won't have any calls on what's going to happen with Crestfall servers and its handling.
So i don't see why you have to worry about that.
The purpose of this network is to share research and communicate, that's all it is, from what Asura/Dark told us.

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

2 hours ago, Joyman said:

This is what makes all this partnership collaboration so wrong for me.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on over at elysium. Don't want to.

But I'm sure I won't play there, sad that I won't be able to have a toon remain in vanilla when we progress, but at least in CF there will be no major bullshit I believe.

1 hour ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

We'll have cause to worry when Elysium gets taken down by Blizzard for making money off of a game that doesn't belong to Elysium. I think you can fill in the blanks on what happens next.

2 minutes ago, BallsMalloney said:

We'll have cause to worry when Elysium gets taken down by Blizzard for making money off of a game that doesn't belong to Elysium. I think you can fill in the blanks on what happens next.

Elysium and Crestfall are two diferent projects in case u don't know.
Even if they get targetted by Blizzard, Crestfall is not Elysium so they only target Elysium.
A project only gets targetted when it makes money off of the game, if Crestfall doesn't make money off of the game then there's nothing to worry, Blizzard can't do anything agaisnt CF unless the servers are hosted in America or France.

You fail to realize that CF is going to be helping them make their platform. CF is making the core that Elysium will be using to potentially make money off the game, many of the CF crew is working with people who are probably making money in the game. The network directly brings the two servers together. I can't believe I have to spell this out for you.

There are CF devs on the Elysium team now. The Elysium team, if taken down, could very well take down CF as well. They could rat, point their finger, or Blizzard could just take CF out as collateral damage. I won't claim to know how Activision-Blizzard does things, I just know that many servers I've been on have been taken down by them, at the very least when they can't be taken down (in the case of the Rebirth), Blizzard is happy to just DDoS people into submission, lol. I don't know about you, but I'm not gunna use TOR to connect to CF, lol.

1 hour ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

It isn't wrong because Elysium staff won't have any calls on what's going to happen with Crestfall servers and its handling.
The purpose of this network is to share research and communicate, that's all it is, from what Asura/Dark told us.

Yeah, as long as PTE continues to remain under CF control, I can't see botting ever becoming a widespread issue.

20 minutes ago, BallsMalloney said:

You fail to realize that CF is going to be helping them make their platform. CF is making the core that Elysium will be using to potentially make money off the game, many of the CF crew is working with people who are probably making money in the game. The network directly brings the two servers together. I can't believe I have to spell this out for you.

There are CF devs on the Elysium team now. The Elysium team, if taken down, could very well take down CF as well. They could rat, point their finger, or Blizzard could just take CF out as collateral damage. I won't claim to know how Activision-Blizzard does things, I just know that many servers I've been on have been taken down by them, at the very least when they can't be taken down (in the case of the Rebirth), Blizzard is happy to just DDoS people into submission, lol. I don't know about you, but I'm not gunna use TOR to connect to CF, lol.

Oh you're one of those conspiracy theory guys.
ok then

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

15 minutes ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

Oh you're one of those conspiracy theory guys.
ok then

Yep, I'm a conspiracy guy. It's not like many people are concerned that this network might cause more harm than good. It's not like tons of people are worried about Elysium's shady practices and how they might seep into Crestfall.

Yeah, the less people think, the better for them. In the bible it is said that blessed are the believers. I am not a believer, not anymore. I choose to think and couldn't see the benefit, I only see the possibility of harm. Its too convenient to say that they will be separate projects. If they wanted to be separate, they wouldn't make this partnership. And I clearly couldn't understand why team with people with so different philosophies, this is clearly a recipe for failure. 

20 hours ago, BallsMalloney said:

Yep, I'm a conspiracy guy. It's not like many people are concerned that this network might cause more harm than good. It's not like tons of people are worried about Elysium's shady practices and how they might seep into Crestfall.

I dont know about any "shady" practices, since Elysium business is not my business. However, our staff is my business and only Elysium staff member that we have in our staff discord channel is Shenna.

If you fail to see beyond the short term regarding the LGN, then I suggest you just drop the whole topic entirely instead of spreading misinformation and discontent on our otherwise nice CF community. :)

4 hours ago, jonu said:

I dont know about any "shady" practices, since Elysium business is not my business. However, our staff is my business and only Elysium staff member that we have in our staff discord channel is Shenna.

If you fail to see beyond the short term regarding the LGN, then I suggest you just drop the whole topic entirely instead of spreading misinformation and discontent on our otherwise nice CF community. :)

Can't agree more, that's just the thing.
We can't just talk crap because we dislike other projects, even if they're bad.
Let other projects just be on their own doing their thing.
We don't have to hold our hands together but there's no need to sh*t on others either.
Diversification is good for the community anyway

I will say that it is strange to me Zzuk is part of the Crestfall community in some capacity as he is behind the development of the most powerful Vanilla bot to date. Not sure if his motivation is to develop bots on Elysium and Kronos to better protect Crestfall from botting, develop advanced bots on other servers to destroy the communities, or to develop bots for profit. Very confusing that's for sure!

This is nothing. Look at the new additions to both elysium and cf.

Link

Things are not looking good. Each passing day I think with less and less respect to this project.

1 hour ago, Joyman said:

This is nothing. Look at the new additions to both elysium and cf.

Link

Things are not looking good. Each passing day I think with less and less respect to this project.

I've played on several private servers including Nostalrius till this day and i never got hacked/banned or whatever on those projects.
People just use obvious passwords or download weird sh*t to their computer, they make themselves vulnerable and then they make up stories about it.
I for one won't spread any crap about any member of any project or staffs or whatever.
People are too paranoid these days.

Too paranoid? I doubt anyone is making this stuff up. You have people being added to administrative roles in the private server community who have openly profited through ill gotten gains. Facts are facts. If any private server staff started charging or openly attempted to make a profit from these servers the community would grab pitch forks and start fires immediately. However, these back room bot communities and hack communities are profiting hand over fist. There has always been speculation that admins from private server groups have been associated with these dealings but proof has never really been of substantial quality. Now we can directly link admins to bots/gold/character selling for real money.

I think the plan for dealing with botters is to hire them...

Image result for spiderman stupid face

Edited by Elicas

3 hours ago, Gurona said:

Too paranoid? I doubt anyone is making this stuff up. You have people being added to administrative roles in the private server community who have openly profited through ill gotten gains. Facts are facts. If any private server staff started charging or openly attempted to make a profit from these servers the community would grab pitch forks and start fires immediately. However, these back room bot communities and hack communities are profiting hand over fist. There has always been speculation that admins from private server groups have been associated with these dealings but proof has never really been of substantial quality. Now we can directly link admins to bots/gold/character selling for real money.

If guys that sell bots or gold or whatever join a private server team its problaby to help preventing these things not to profit off of the server.
If someone wants to sell some services or profit off of a server, then why join the private server team?
It makes no sense.
Like i said you guys are paranoid.

Paranoid would mean we are fearing things that aren't really happening. These guys are known real money traders and bot developers.....