Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Warpath

Elysium -> Crestfall character copy when TBC drops.

37 posts in this topic

Hello,

Just a small suggestion is allowing people to copy characters from Elysium servers to Crestfall when Crestfall begins to transition to Burning Crusade.

It would make sense to give people that option instead of just having them stay on vanilla forever.

Obviously suggestions are welcome, but something like this will likely never happen. If you want to go from Elysium > CF TBC. You'll have to level a character to 60 on CF before hand.

There's a multitude of issues that are introduced when you allow people to transfer their already existing characters. I could try listing the issues myself, but the devs can probably do a better job of that than I can.

Edit: This post is now outdated and should be disregarded.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

1 hour ago, Pvt_8Ball said:

Obviously suggestions are welcome, but something like this will likely never happen. If you want to go from Elysium > CF TBC. You'll have to level a character to 60 on CF before hand.

There's a multitude of issues that are introduced when you allow people to transfer their already existing characters. I could try listing the issues myself, but the devs can probably do a better job of that than I can.

Technically there aren't that many issues, anything can be sorted on the backend, however allowing people to transfer level 60 chars to a freshrealm will be counter productive, might as well make an instant level 60 realm and be done with it, less work and same result.

Just to clarify.

I'm not suggesting they allow transfers when the server launches. Only when CF begins to transition to TBC.

It would make no difference whether you played Vanilla on Elysium or Crestfall if both ways you can end up playing CF TBC, and I don't see CF staff approving of any idea that might discourage people to start playing on CF Vanilla in any way.

I don't think anyone would bother playing on CF if they can just level their characters on Elysium and just wait till TBC drops to transfer.

9 hours ago, Warpath said:

Hello,

Just a small suggestion is allowing people to copy characters from Elysium servers to Crestfall when Crestfall begins to transition to Burning Crusade.

It would make sense to give people that option instead of just having them stay on vanilla forever.

Narp.

9 hours ago, Warpath said:

Hello,

Devs already said they want to keep PTE experience as PTE so at most you'll have people copy their chars from Elysium to Crogges project that will be TBC.
You can see that on the gaming network thread and in the recent FAQ.

Have a great day ;)

On 2017-02-13 at 0:50 AM, Warpath said:

Hello,

Never and if they do, i know some would leave server. PTE when you join = lvl 1. If you decide join wow in tbc you dident have a 60 so lvl 1 you start at.  

Edited by Sherekhan

On 13/02/2017 at 10:08 AM, Elicas said:

Narp.

tumblr_llftalxIAU1qjzts8o1_500.gif

On 2/12/2017 at 7:25 PM, Warpath said:

Just to clarify.

I'm not suggesting they allow transfers when the server launches. Only when CF begins to transition to TBC.

Really it's as simple as this.  Elysium characters will be sitting on 2 years of farming Naxx. When CF transitions to TBC, allowing that economy to flood over to TBC will ruin anyone trying to come from CF vanilla. Now if you wanted to transfer Elysium characters but wipe all gold + items I think that might be a different story, but that just won't happen.

On 13.02.2017 at 0:50 AM, Warpath said:

allowing people to copy characters from Elysium servers to Crestfall

not-sure-if-trolling.jpg

You have to accept the fact, that the LGN doesn't revolve around Elysium. 

Every discussion so far never led to the devs allowing transfers and spamming this everywhere won't change that.

Character transfers from elysium to CF sounds like a horrible idea and i for one hope it never happens.

character transfer chart lol.png

An update for Velox's character transfer chart thingy has been released.

- Changed the direction of the red arrow between CF PVP and Legacy Crusade. The arrow now properly displays in which direction character transfers should not be possible.

- Added some dank $w4g to Tom Cruise's charming gentle smile.

Edited by VeloxBanks

I think this one is pretty much unanimous amongst the hardcore Crestfallenati, and I echo the verdict of the conclave, and stuff.

12 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

You're being suppressive and glib.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8xd3KcJIy-U_a9YZ3s8u

2 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

An update for Velox's character transfer chart thingy™ has been released.

Sick!

7 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

An update for Velox's character transfer chart thingy has been released.

- Changed the direction of the red arrow between CF PVP and Legacy Crusade. The arrow now properly displays in which direction character transfers should not be possible.

OK, it's looking pretty good now. Could you change Tom Cruise to Spanish Laughing Guy please. Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Soothe said:

OK, it's looking pretty good now. Could you change Tom Cruise to Spanish Laughing Guy please. Thanks.

character transfer chart lol2.png

#anything4rep

Edited by VeloxBanks

34 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

character transfer chart lol2.png

#anything4rep

You should probably include a new arrow to account for people begging for the the Elysium -> Legacy Crusade transfers