Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Warpath

Elysium -> Crestfall character copy when TBC drops.

37 posts in this topic

A big one down the middle, with the path of the arrow spelling out "Fuck off Nost".

39 minutes ago, Kelila said:

You should probably include a new arrow to account for people begging for the the Elysium -> Legacy Crusade transfers

I'm not entirely sure what my stance is on that. Does it even affect us? If not I honestly don't care what the other two servers do with transfers. Or anything for that matter.

Of course, if that would affect us (CF) in any negative way I would jump right the fuck up and start blowing battle horns the moment I hear about it. However for the moment I see no harm (for us) if LC and Elysium decide to allow people to toss around their characters ruining each server's economy and a whole load of other things. Their choice, their problem. I'll just look after my own.

As far as the charts go I would just have to add two brown arrows between LC and Elysium and add "I don't care" to the legend.

1 hour ago, VeloxBanks said:

I'm not entirely sure what my stance is on that. Does it even affect us? If not I honestly don't care what the other two servers do with transfers. Or anything for that matter.

Of course, if that would affect us (CF) in any negative way I would jump right the fuck up and start blowing battle horns the moment I hear about it. However for the moment I see no harm (for us) if LC and Elysium decide to allow people to toss around their characters ruining each server's economy and a whole load of other things. Their choice, their problem. I'll just look after my own.

As far as the charts go I would just have to add two brown arrows between LC and Elysium and add "I don't care" to the legend.

What he said. If transfers only occur as the graph shows atm this won't affect us at all.

3 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

Nobody knows when Legacy Crusade releases. The only guess i have is, that it releases, when CF is moving from BC to Wrath of the Lich King and there will be a demand for the people, that do not want to go to the next expansion. If we look at all the possible problems atm, it is mainly due to the to be expected coexistence of two Vanilla-Realms for some period of time. Therefore it might be reasonable to avoid the same scenario for Burning Crusade.

If Legacy Crusade opens so late (probably 18 months after CF-BC), it is highly questionable, if all the people that want a PTE-Experience with their Elysium-toons wait for that amount of time. I assume, that most of them will already have switched to CF and started anew. So the option might be not of importance at all, when Legacy-Crusade releases.

Besides that i don't like the attitude that shines through. As far as i know "Legacy Crusade" is a project of Crogge (anyone can confirm that?), so i see it as part of the Crestfall-Project. The seemingly random exclusion on who is inside and outside of the boat called "we" is a dangerous game that in the long term won't solve anything. If we really want to see a Crestfall-PTE without any external transfers to the inside, then it might be more sensible to communicate it with reason rather than provocation.

Greetings

Edited by Polyphem

4 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

It could potentially strangle some of the population from rolling on CF, if people would prefer to stick with their Nost/Elysium chars and transfer to LGC TBC.

Hence why Asura and co has already ruled it out.

5 hours ago, Kelila said:

You should probably include a new arrow to account for people begging for the the Elysium -> Legacy Crusade transfers

LOL =D

I don't think anyone can make a judgement call on this. After all, this server has seen a lot in the way of changed minds depending on logic (Holy Resistance) or opportunity (Legacy Gaming Network).

So all you can do is parse the different components and come up with probabilities.

Crogge is down as a co-owner for Crestfall, just as Asura is down as co-owner for Legacy Crusade. However, we now have Shenna in the mix as a minority stakeholder. So it's now looking like a triumvirate. In that instance, clearly....

Asura is obviously Caesar

Image result for julius caesar joke

Crogge is obviously Pompey

11aedf61fcc9e45aaee09b994d847cf2.jpg 

And Shenna, Crassus 

6427646152e8d74a727dc2f86aaed274.jpg

OK, maybe a little less butch.

So yeah, the most important person in this is Pompey Crogge. Why? Because he's doing all his work upfront with no reward. Sure he's going to get a shiny uber emulator and get the Burning Crusade of his dreams but, in the meantime he's doing a shit-ton of work (doubled now owing to Elysium) with nothing to show for it so far. Sooooo, do we really think that Crogge will sit on his hands when CF launches, sit on his hands when CF progresses to TBC, then wait until they are nearly at WotLK before he gets to play LC? We're talking about THREE YEARS here. Not going to happen. So the one thing we can pretty sure of is that LC is going to launch within a reasonable time frame.

So next on the list of dictators for life owners is Shenna. Shenna talks a good game and whispers sweet things into Crogge's ears and she's pretty smart. So you can bet she's crunched the numbers. She knows like most of the smart kids that Pserver vanilla has a limited shelf life. Once the Elysium realms are finished *cough* by way of Naxx on top of the CF versions then most people here will be thoroughly sick of vanilla and want to move on.

So by the time Crestfall launches, there are two options available that should be made completely clear to all the players regardless of realm.

Option #1 confirms there will never be transfers from any server to CF PTE, regardless of what expansion it is on. More to the point, no transfers to Legacy Crusade either. The problem with this option from CF's point of view is the carnage that will happen on server launch. From Shenna's point of view the carnage is one of players voting with their feet. So Elysium will be culled down to one realm and even then, a very small community indeed.

Option #2 confirms no transfers to CF PTE but will allow transfers to Legacy Crusade. This achieves a number of functions. First, it gives comfort to Elysium players to remain on their realms until LC is launched, second it reduces the frenzy of players on CF realms when they abandon Elysium, third, it gives Crogge a very good population base.

Put it to you this way. If you are playing Elysium now and you have the choice of starting all over again on CF just so you can PTE to TBC, OR you can stay on Elysium and port your toon onto LC at some stage, you know have some deep thinking to do. Part of that will be when LC launches. You also need to remember that TBC is really good for porting toons over. A lot of discussion goes on insta 58th level toons, why not just bypass that with transfers? You can still put in a pristine version too for the die-hards. 

So for my 2c. CF launch Sept 30th 2017. CF progression to TBC January 31st 2019. Legacy Crusade one month after that.

Have a nice day now.

caesar-salad-triumvirate.jpg

Edited by Outstanding

I wonder who will be Gaius Ateius, the one that cursed Crassus when he was marching out for war in Parthia... Who will be Brutus? Who will be Ptolemaios?^^

All in all a bold comparison xD.

12 hours ago, Outstanding said:

[...] So yeah, the most important person in this is Pompey Crogge. Why? Because he's doing all his work upfront with no reward. Sure he's going to get a shiny uber emulator and get the Burning Crusade of his dreams but, in the meantime he's doing a shit-ton of work (doubled now owing to Elysium) with nothing to show for it so far. Sooooo, do we really think that Crogge will sit on his hands when CF launches, sit on his hands when CF progresses to TBC, then wait until they are nearly at WotLK before he gets to play LC? We're talking about THREE YEARS here. Not going to happen. So the one thing we can pretty sure of is that LC is going to launch within a reasonable time frame. [...]

The question is: What is a "reasonable time frame"? I would say it is nearly certain, that Legacy Crusade will not release before Crestfall-BC. Simple reason will be the unfinished "product" until that point in time. So one could argue for a release parallel to CF-BC, for a release after Crestfall-BC and before Crestfall-WOTLK, or a release with Crestfall-WOTLK.

The only reason besides Crogges personal preference (which is not an argument whatsoever - at least not if you haven't spoken to him about that -> i'd rather see him as part of the project, than viewing him as a "Pompeius" with his own ambitions) that Legacy Crusade releases before CF-Wotlk and with CF-BC would be the giving in to the wishes of many Elysium people looking for the PTE-experience with their Ely-toons. Such a scenario would destroy the uniqueness of the CF-PTE-experience, because if they would give in to this transfer the same would happen to Legacy-Crusade -> "random WOTLK-server" - transfers. In short, Crestfall would cease to be "the one PTE-experience" in this network.

Sorry, i'm very skeptical on this idea. While i share the fear of many members here, that Crestfall might get overrun with people from Elysium starving for the chance to pte, i think the offered solutions to this dire scenario, namely Legacy Crusade as "dumpster" for the bigger part of the Elysium-community, seem to contradict the very principles of the LGN and would render the idea of Crestfall as the only PTE-experience meaningless.

Actually, it's quite digging in the dark for most of the things to come. Not only, because we don't have insight into the ideas of the staff, but also, because the pte-sceneraio is mostly new:

12 hours ago, Outstanding said:

So next on the list of dictators for life owners is Shenna. Shenna talks a good game and whispers sweet things into Crogge's ears and she's pretty smart. So you can bet she's crunched the numbers. She knows like most of the smart kids that Pserver vanilla has a limited shelf life. Once the Elysium realms are finished *cough* by way of Naxx on top of the CF versions then most people here will be thoroughly sick of vanilla and want to move on.

Therefore i'm curious if this will be the case, because frankly i don't know. What i can see is, that most people never had the chance to stay with their characters throughout different expansions. And i would rather say, that without this option they often tended towards starting anew on the same expansion as before instead of being thoroughly sick of it and moving on.

I was so frank to take your words seriously :D. If this was not the case: "mea culpa"

viribus unitis ad finem

Greetings

Edited by Polyphem

Well with the shitstorm Elysium is dealing with right now, one starts to wonder...

Most likely blizzard was yet again breathing down the necks of the Nost team. but it all seems so coïncidental. Nost backs out on Elysium, reports start showing up on Youtube and Crestfall makes an announcement about corruption being present in the Elysium team. It makes me wonder, did the Nost team also bail because they found out about the corruption? I believe it was a really good decision to directly bail out of the Elysium project once this became clear. Also, when Crestfall goes online, i believe people will leave Elysium in droves and come this way. 

I want to show my respect and give thanks to the Crestfall team for putting integrity above short term greed, unlike the damn Elysium team! 

This subject and discussion isn't relevant anymore. Locked.