Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 2/13/2017

Milk

Is Asura still salty about my signature? 

Edited by Devair
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Anyways, Asura saw it, said I was a bad coder and that I should do it a different way.

 

3 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

After struggling with it for a few hours, I'm sure Asura will be delighted to embarrass me by fixing it in ten minutes and rubbing it in my face.

Now wondering if Asura is more than Darkrasp's senpai and if embarrassment is a kink here...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's so much going on it's nice to get back to relative normality. As always, appreciate the updates. Thank you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day after day, things become better and better, the road is long, but i hope the end of forumcraft will come soon and we will be live at @ Crestfall servers. :) thanks for the news @Darkrasp!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

once again thanks for the update.

Btw @Darkrasp can you tell us something about the ETA on the website and the issue/bug tracker?
I would appreciate it, thanks.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about TBC development team? If the vanilla core is not ready yet, what are they working on? Can we expect closed tester invitation anytime soon? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great update, good to know you guys are always steadily making progress.

 

If I'm not mistaken, both @Asura and @Crogge popped up on the discord and said they had cool things to share/show. Should we expect updates from them? Maybe videos? I just can't wait to get on to the hype phase.

 

49 minutes ago, Nokkius said:

What about TBC development team? If the vanilla core is not ready yet, what are they working on? Can we expect closed tester invitation anytime soon? 

If I'm not mistaken they'll use the same core to everything. Every expansion.

So when the "Vanilla Core" is done the TBC core will also be done, the team will only have to update the spells and talents, scripting, etc.
I'd imagine beta testing would only start when everything Vanilla is done. But that is with the team and of course I can't know.

 

 

5 hours ago, Devair said:

Is Asura still salty about my signature? 

Everyone knows the best breed is Tamaskan, c'mon now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tamaskan said:



So when the "Vanilla Core" is done the TBC core will also be done, the team will only have to update the spells and talents, scripting, etc.
I'd imagine beta testing would only start when everything Vanilla is done. But that is with the team and of course I can't know.

 

Yes I figured they will just have to update classes and do additional scripting (because except for flying mounts TBC is basically improved vanilla). Well, maybe they have already started doing that? If that's the case, testers might be needed rather soon and I'd be very intenrested

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love reading all the technical side of things here. I'm just starting to learn a little bit about programming/scripting for a better understanding of what goes on behind the scenes and these updates always help with inspiration. Thanks as always.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With respect to the last few questions, we already have a bugtracker page, but it is limited to Beta testers only at this point.

We thought about the dev progress page and decided that core work isn't really great for showing dev progress.  Reason being, it just doesn't translate well.. Something that you'd think would be very simple can take a ton of time because it can be tied into a number of things.  A tiny change to an important piece of code can have far-reaching consequences across the core, as we have seen from the spell delay implementation affecting a TON of things we didn't necessarily expect it to.  It's not that they are unfixable, in the case of the spell delay, Asura already found and fixed most of the issues, it's just that what we thought was 100% done at the time was actually only 60% done, and we had no idea until the testers got at it.  At least, I had no idea.  Asura knows a lot more than I do, he may have expected it and just not told me.

Instead what I think we'll do is post something publicly once we get to the point of pure content creation.  That's also when we intend to push out a lot more videos and things.  From a development perspective, underlying core mechanics are the most important parts, but it isn't much to show off.  All you'd be seeing is a video of something doing exactly what you'd expect it to on any server.  A mob gets to half health and casts Enrage.  Big whoop.  It's important to us, because we handle that entirely differently than anyone ever did before.  So, for us, to see that system working is huge, but to a player it's just meh.  Players care more about intricately scripted content, and we just aren't working on that much at the moment.  When we can showcase that stuff, that's when I would expect to see the dev progress page and more video content.

As far as the website, the version we had was a Wordpress page that, while gorgeous, presented some security concerns.  It was sidetracked by our recent security update and is on the back burner once again.  Our web team is working on something, I think, but they talk gibberish in their channel so I tend to stay out of there.  I'll ask them about it.

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

I think, but they talk gibberish in their channel

Translation: /Bloo

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

With respect to the last few questions, we already have a bugtracker page, but it is limited to Beta testers only at this point.

We thought about the dev progress page and decided that core work isn't really great for showing dev progress.  Reason being, it just doesn't translate well.. Something that you'd think would be very simple can take a ton of time because it can be tied into a number of things.  A tiny change to an important piece of code can have far-reaching consequences across the core, as we have seen from the spell delay implementation affecting a TON of things we didn't necessarily expect it to.  It's not that they are unfixable, in the case of the spell delay, Asura already found and fixed most of the issues, it's just that what we thought was 100% done at the time was actually only 60% done, and we had no idea until the testers got at it.  At least, I had no idea.  Asura knows a lot more than I do, he may have expected it and just not told me.

Instead what I think we'll do is post something publicly once we get to the point of pure content creation.  That's also when we intend to push out a lot more videos and things.  From a development perspective, underlying core mechanics are the most important parts, but it isn't much to show off.  All you'd be seeing is a video of something doing exactly what you'd expect it to on any server.  A mob gets to half health and casts Enrage.  Big whoop.  It's important to us, because we handle that entirely differently than anyone ever did before.  So, for us, to see that system working is huge, but to a player it's just meh.  Players care more about intricately scripted content, and we just aren't working on that much at the moment.  When we can showcase that stuff, that's when I would expect to see the dev progress page and more video content.

As far as the website, the version we had was a Wordpress page that, while gorgeous, presented some security concerns.  It was sidetracked by our recent security update and is on the back burner once again.  Our web team is working on something, I think, but they talk gibberish in their channel so I tend to stay out of there.  I'll ask them about it.

Another great response.
Thank you very much kind sir ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nokkius said:

What about TBC development team? If the vanilla core is not ready yet, what are they working on? Can we expect closed tester invitation anytime soon? 

Crogge is starting a small closed alpha soonish I believe for Legacy Crusade which would basically be like an alpha for CFTBC. Also, if I recall correctly as well Ascent which Benediction is based off of was a TBC emulator which Asura backported with the majority of the TBC content just commented out ready to be implemented and fixed when TBC testing begins. Beyond that I wouldn't expect to even hear of a closed or open beta for TBC before June/July time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for the update. It's very informative as allways.

Seems like we get closer to release slowly but surely, damn i can't wait! ^_^

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to read all your posts!

Since the Elysium scandal I am focussed on Crestfall and will try to support you where I can.

Keep up the good work

 

 

-Crosley

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0