Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

pvescrub

Griefing policies

37 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, Elicas said:

One of the times I wish Sliprry hadn't got himself banned, since he had good knowledge of the facts on the ground.

The vast majority of the two cartels running on Nost were EU/NA. The chinks barely got a look in, and it had nothing to do with gold selling.

I'm extremely skeptical about the bolded here.  It seems like an extraordinary amount of effort for relatively little real world benefit.  It's also interesting that Nost PVE had none of this mafia behavior.

@ElicasI'd be amazed if only Chinese people sold gold to gold sellers. I just do not see the logic in such a claim. Go have a look on Ownedcore if you don't believe.

This topic still kinda-sorta needs some sort of an official reply.

The cartels are an actual thing that can impact a server in a big way. 

personally i think that non-tiny-scale inter-faction cooperation that lasts longer than a day or two should be a permabannable offense, as long as it isn't restricted to the neutral AH and getting people to craft very valuable epic(not rare) items

if theres gonna be a devilsaur mafia, it should be restricted to one faction only, since if it isn't, it'd take both factions cooperating together to completely shut it down

and the alliance shouldn't ever cooperate with the horde with the sole exception of when the AQ gates actually open and all those silithid come out, in which large-scale case inter-faction cooperation would be allowed

Edited by Aquane

I see no reason why cross faction cooperation shouldn't be allowed.

2 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

isn't the alliance supposed to hate the horde?

isn't it called world of WARcraft?

it would be treason to cooperate with the opposite faction except in the most dire of circumstances in which the survival of both factions are at stake for a reason other than eachother

Just now, Aquane said:

isn't the alliance supposed to hate the horde?

isn't it called world of WARcraft?

it would be treason to cooperate with the opposite faction except in the most dire of circumstances in which the survival of both factions are at stake for a reason other than eachother

Faction loyalty is no more than a flavour choice of individual players. It's not a game mechanic.

I personally don't care about faction loyalty that much. I'd love to cooperate with Hordies whenever possible. I don't see why I should be banned for this considering there is a direct counter to anything me and my Horde buddies can do.  Another group of players from both factions can form and take us out. If we managed to team up others can too.

5 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

Even cross-faction communication within the game was not allowed by Blizzard.

What would be the point of even having factions if they do not matter at all. And in this case, it'd be cross-faction mafia making sure they control a certain commodity in the game, completely.

On PVE realm, there could be no solution to the control at all, wouldn't even need a cross-faction mafia to be honest.. On PVP realms, the cross-faction co-operation would make sure there would not even be a PVP solution.

4 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

Faction loyalty is no more than a flavour choice of individual players. It's not a game mechanic.

I personally don't care about faction loyalty that much. I'd love to cooperate with Hordies whenever possible. I don't see why I should be banned for this considering there is a direct counter to anything me and my Horde buddies can do.  Another group of players from both factions can form and take us out. If we managed to team up others can too.

but when does it happen aside from when the cooperating players have mafia-like intentions in mind?

if the answer is it doesn't, then the argument of both factions can team up against the mafia might as well be invalid

Edited by Aquane

I have no desire to explain the same things over and over. Cross faction cooperation should not be banned IMO.

I must admit I don't speak for the PVE server. I'm not sure what the solution would be for them.

I stand by what I've said several times. Cross faction cooperation on the PVP server should be allowed for reasons listed in other posts above.

On 2/16/2017 at 8:10 AM, Svensson said:

I feel so special knowing I had two head devs and a moderator post on that, feels like ages ago ^_^

Edited by MadeByRockets