Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lilaina

How do you earn gold in vanilla

42 posts in this topic

I farmed Twilight Cultists for about 3-4 hours a day to earn my epic mount. I could make around 100-200g after those 4 hours of farming. Mainly from mana/healing pots, twilight texts, the twilight sets sold for 1 gold a piece. Random greens/blues and greys, I even got a purple. After my epic mount I was burnt out hard though so I always hovered around 400g just to cover my raid expenses like consumables and enchants. 

Also I always grinded on the dead hours for Europe and NA, around 11pm - 12am If I tried to farm it during peak hours I would make like 20g an hour... 

Another huge tip I can give is to have a profession mule, basically your main has the proffesions you are going to use always E.G: Engineer/Alchemy. I leveled a mage all the way to 60 for the pure purpose of AOE farming cloths for first aid and herbing/mining for my engineer/alchemy. 

Edited by MadeByRockets

I easily got to my mount within a few days by farming the turtles in Tanaris and in the Shimmering Flats. A stack of their tails sells for quite a bit of silver. I plan to do the same thing here. That and I always pick up mining and skinning so I make side gold selling stacks of ore/leather on the AH. It's not huge money but it's something.

5 hours ago, cell007 said:

I easily got to my mount within a few days by farming the turtles in Tanaris and in the Shimmering Flats. A stack of their tails sells for quite a bit of silver. I plan to do the same thing here. That and I always pick up mining and skinning so I make side gold selling stacks of ore/leather on the AH. It's not huge money but it's something.

Is this wowcrendor Kappa

2 hours ago, mrmr said:

"Ask Vitaly"

I feel the guy's getting a bad rap. He was just trying to have a little side hustle. 

In all games, always, I suffer from Chronic Crippling Poverty and companions and mounts are the bane of my life.

I usually pick tailoring in WoW because bags always sell. But enchanting is a pain so I struggle for powders to make Frostweave bags. In other games I'm pretty much always screwed (no, not in the ERP meaning).

Gods, help me.

Edited by ilovecats
commas

So this has always been a topic of interest for me because my primary method back in the day was playing the AH like a beast. Flipping items all day.

Essentially this has been posted in a million ways on several forums around the net but I loved the bid game. You throw down a good amount on some bids and then just moderate that from time to time. If you lose the bid, your money comes back, if not you'll be getting way more benefit from flipping items. Of course this requires you to take time researching your items, using addons to track statistics, and then to moderate your mail and your bidding over the course of week.

Now with that in mind here's the talking point I wanted to reach. Server economy. First and foremest the big chunks of money you'll make are from other players. This is however limited by other players spending potential. So farming techniques that don't rely on other players is VITAL to server economy health Especially in vanilla. I've noticed that the drive is to push toward money making tactics that won't work unless the server has matured and the economy has begun to flourish. In the beginning however it is important for the life of the server for every person to put an emphasis on grinding mobs for expensive trash. The more we can get fresh coin into the hands of players that comes directly from the server (quests, vendor trash, farming dungeons, etc) the better off everyone will be in terms of making and spending money. This becomes fairly limited for a while as people spend a great deal for mount training at lvl 40 and 60 which unfortunately is money going back to the server (a.k.a. money that disappears from the server economy).

If you're like me and you play the Auctions or you look for rare items to sell (rare mats, recipes, weapon or armor drops, companions, etc) then you'll notice that prices can fluctuate drastically dependent upon these occurrences.

For that reason I've a totally different approach to private servers (especially at launch) and towards the vanilla experience in general. Vendor trash, vendor trash, vendor trash. The more of it the better.

Posted (edited)

As much as i dont want to divulge my secret locations for farming. I'll help the community at whole, but i hereby call dibs when CF goes live! 

1-28ish youre on your own. personally i buy gear during these levels even though every guide says not to. screw every other guide. You can do this on a lock or a hunter in sh*t gear, maybe even a priest or a mage.. maybe.

at 27-30 really depending how gear dependent/gear you have before you can start. most people make a simple mistake here and farm turtles outside TM. this is a mistake. a massive one. you'll run into other popular youtube guide watching players, allies/horde etc. 40 warrior quest right there, its a bad spot during peak times and a porous spot anytime truly.

NOW. why the hell would you farm turtles. they drop a few types of grey items, one of which stacks to 5, sells for 7s40c each. around 40s a stack of 5.. and various other things like clams for pearls etc. 

the best spot to get these are in three places, the river near tm / southshore which we covered, the shimmering flats which is a giant quest hub and its a pointless place to grind. 

the spot is off the coast of the dalaran crater. (i get there from flying to sep, following the road straight out and to the lake, short refreshing swim and and youre there. Allys know this route its how ya get to sm. this is a pure farm location, extremely low traffic, and enough turtles to choke on. (if you need food and water, there is humans nearby at the crater waiting to drop some for you) 

This spot of a blizzlike drop rates, i can pull 25g an hour with 10 slot bags. more obviously with the space, and i suggest an addon showing worth so ya can dump junk for more of the expensive shell stacks. so from high 20s to mid 30s you can legitimately farm your 40 mount. all your skills til 40 and beyond just by running up and down the lake front. (and when ya max out on xp off them, there begins the syndicate human farm literally and figuratively. there is another farm north of the crater on the coast with 38-40 humans to grind out til 40. 

farming your epic mount. 

you gonna need timbermaws and alot of firewater to AH for 100g+ a stack. or the early few crusader enchants might just well pay for the mount in one drop. but thats gonna be farmed like crrrrrrrazy. 

good luck and have fun out there,

see me stealth while youre in my farm. go or be gone. :P 

Edited by Masquerader

I'm Truly optimistic that our servers economy will be good, since it's a PTE server, we should get new life into the server pretty regularly, i'm not sure about you all but over the years i have found out about a server.... poked my nose in and found out the server had been up like 9 months.... most people were raiding the last content, and very few new players or levelers are starting so there is no desire to play there. but if someone came across crestfall at this time they might say.... hey i got time to level to 60 before BC is releasted, maybe i can get in on a couple raids and even get some gear to make the leveling easy. 

If all fails, roll a NElf girl and dance naked on a mailbox in a crowded place.

1 hour ago, ilovecats said:

If all fails, roll a NElf girl and dance naked on a mailbox in a crowded place.

Earn more doing private shows. Upstairs bedroom at trade district inn.  Huehuehue

2 hours ago, Chickengrease said:

Earn more doing private shows. Upstairs bedroom at trade district inn.  Huehuehue

"Can anyone tell me where my class trainer is?"

"Second floor in the inn."

"Thanks."

*Moments later*

PRok9BR_700wa_0.gif

And that's why you no longer need to visit trainers in retail.

The key to earning gold is.....uh.....nope I don't have a clue.

The simplest tip about gold farming that could ever be given and is often completed left out or considered common sense is Bag Space. 

Anytime I have the opportunity to upgrade my bag space I'm upgrading my efficiency at farming. It's less trips to the vendor, less trips to the AH, more time at the farm and more loot to walk away with. Plus if you're still waiting to stack out some more vendor trash and you pick up another random junk item worth 5s... well you're gonna have to toss it or not pick it up if your bags are otherwise full. You just lost 5s. Which is no big deal and the reason you chose not to get that particular item, but you're still missing out on coin you worked for. So yea, check for bag upgrades often. 

Gathering professions (skinning/herbs/mining) is essentially free money, I personally like skinning , going enchanting can make some profit early on if you DE cheap greens and make wands but then its a money sink afterwards and will need to drop it mid leveling if you dont plan on going to 300 with it. Tailoring / enchanting combo is good because you can make cheap greens like DE them to make wands. Like caerbaer said investing in bags is a good idea and underated since its a time saver which makes it a money saver. Getting the informant addon (or any addon that shows vendor price for any item) is really helpful to decide which item to delete if your bags are full. Some bandages make a little more money than vendoring the cloth but youll make more if you put it on the auction house. Cooking can also save some money if you cant get a mage to make food / water. Depending on your class depends on what professions make sense to pick for the most part and sometimes even the race you pick so you dont have to go into the city for training since the launch will be crowded and hard to keep up your profession level with the zone your in. If you level ahead of the profession level and need to spend time running around low level zones than its probably not worth it since you'll make much more at 60 by grinding mobs / gathering professions with a mount.

In TBC, I consistently had around 6k - 8k gold on my main. 

I primarily played the auction house with a couple of addons. I'd scan the AH for items that were bid priced lower than the DE value, bid on them, and then DE them for the mats. I never sold an enchant as an enchanter, but I sold tons of enchanting mats on the AH. Reagents have no deposit price, so if they don't sell there's no cost involved and you don't lose anything. You just relist them until they sell.

It amazes me that people will sell stuff on the AH for less than the vendor price. That's free money. They get what they were asking for the item, and you make a profit vendoring it. Very rarely, I'd try flipping items, but only if it was an amazing deal and the item was pretty rare.

As far as farming went, I'd solo lower level dungeons, sell the cloth or use it and DE the gear, and then DE all the greens & blues to sell the mats. I used to run SFK a lot early on, and then the SM for silk cloth.