Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Anonymous

Two Factor Authentication.

Greetings Community of Crestfall,

I might have missed a post, regarding this issue, and if so, I am sorry.

Will Crestfall be offering 2FA to protect accounts from Hacking?

Afaik, it's already implemented.

I remember Asura used and got help from Chaosvex even before Elysium considered it to alleviate their problems recently.

There are also problems with this kind of account protection. 

Let's say you lose your phone, or it's stolen, your account is just inaccessible to anyone at that point. At least that is the gist I got from the Elysium forums/discord when people were asking about it.

3 hours ago, pvescrub said:

There are also problems with this kind of account protection. 

Let's say you lose your phone, or it's stolen, your account is just inaccessible to anyone at that point. At least that is the gist I got from the Elysium forums/discord when people were asking about it.

Mate, that's what backups are for.

Screenshot your sign_on mail from the authentication process.   Copy it to a portable USB device.   There you go.  Always accessable for restoration purposes.

4 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Mate, that's what backups are for.

Screenshot your sign_on mail from the authentication process.   Copy it to a portable USB device.   There you go.  Always accessable for restoration purposes.

If that's how it works, great. I was just relaying stuff I saw on the discord. 

Never tried it myself, so wouldn't know personally. 

I am using WinAuth (https://winauth.com/) as a backup on my PC. Plus WinAuth gives you the possibility to recreate the QR code for your smartphone again.

However I would like to suggest that you have to choose 3 "secret questions / answers" during account creation.  

So in case of lose of the authenticator or of the email,  the player can legitimate himself by answering these secret questions correctly.

Also posting in favour of Winauth. It's just about flawless, so long as you read everything and be mindful of it if you're reinstalling your OS or formatting. As long as you don't check the box for "Encrypt to only be usable on this computer", you can put it anywhere. GG EZ.