Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kelila

Feelings Thread: Tell Me How You Feel

77 posts in this topic

I'm tired of spam in the discord so here is a place to share your feelings about the roller coaster we've been on since the LGN was announced. (I understand this might be moved to Off Topic).

I just fucking don't know. Pservers eh? I can't really comment because while I was always unhappy with the tie-in with Elysium, I was prepared to still go full on with Crestfall.

So therefore not having the courage of my convictions. So I can't take any credit out of this and people who I have argued against can and rightly so.

My big concern is the welfare of Elysium, not the server or the staff, it's the player base.

I'm gone for ~36 hours and this shit blanket is now wide open?

Wtf happened?

Not great. I was really hoping all of these individual projects could come together to really make a better legacy community for everyone. Sadly, it seems Elysium is plagued by corruption all the way to the core. I've maintained interest in both Elysium and Crestfall for quite some time and had really hoped the partnership meant I would someday possibly be able to take my old Nost character through AQ, Naxx and beyond. However, it appears that the whole bit about Elysium picking up the torch from Nost was a load of bullshit, and that our characters would have been better off left on some database somewhere. It's a disappointing end to what I thought was a very promising endeavor, but I do hope CF can finally be the one to deliver a bullshit free legacy experience (although I'm starting to doubt if such a thing is even possible).

Was OK with the whole LGN thingy. I'm also okay without it.

@Chickengrease

Agree about Alex.

@Outstanding

I don't know much about statistics but is it safe to assume that this month's traffic will be among the highest this site has seen? :P

I'm also sorry for Elysium players and devs who didn't know about all this.

50 minutes ago, Kelila said:

share your feelings

I'm tired. Nighty night.

7 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

I don't know much about statistics but is it safe to assume that this month's traffic will be among the highest this site has seen?

Quick take a screendump now when we're over 600 in discord!

37 minutes ago, Chickengrease said:

It feels nice being back to just "us" honestly

That was really my initial feeling.  It feels nice to think we can go back to how it was because the Crestfall community was pretty happy with how it was.  I had come to accept LGN, but I didn't see it as a big game changer for CF.

37 minutes ago, Chickengrease said:

And regarding the cretin Alex - his method and way of conducting himself would put even any current teen hipster journalist (read: blogger) to shame

17 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

My big concern is the welfare of Elysium, not the server or the staff, it's the player base.

I think these two points go hand in hand.  I think the way the information came about and how the searching for it has gone down has only hurt the private server community.  The blatant call outs and searching for anything that could possibly be used to show corruption I think put a bad taste in people's mouths who might just say no to private servers forever now.  There were good contributors to the private server community who really got thrown under the bus throughout all of this.

Hopefully this move will mean less drama moving forward, because as fun as it is, I'm tired of it, it's too much to follow.

9 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Nighty night.

Goodnight!

Edited by Kelila

In the end, this could be good for Elysium players too. Assuming the rest of the admins keep the lights on. After all, some of their servers supposedly had costs paid for several months. 

Getting rid of the corruption can only be good. And does not need to mean the end of the server.

Was never a fan of the LGN, Elysium has a history of shadiness and I only thought they would benefit from this partnership as Crestfall was pouring in the most resources and devs, I mean they gave them a full team again and were going to use their core. What did Elysium bring to the table?

GM locked the announcement topic coincidentally just as I voiced my opinion, so here's a copy paste directly from moments ago.

What a shitshow this has all been.

I said it months and months ago, even though I gave Elysium the light of day and a chance at proving their Valkyrie ways are in the past, it was all for naught (duh). There's too much shadiness. 

This shit is getting over the top. Every single time there's a decent server it's attached to corrupted roots. Elysium needs a better core because they know they will struggle to fix AQ, I mean christ, look at the state of C'thun: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C47gb-gXUAEycbl.jpg:large --- that's on the Elysium core. (CF staff please correct me if I'm wrong) now I'm not saying they're INCAPABLE of fixing it but everyone knows AQ is a massive development challenge and they're struggling with things like melee leeway mechanic and fear/stun DC, which is weird in itself?

We can start from the very beginning with this.

We literally only had Feenix at one point, although it was a serious mess in comparison to the servers we have seven years later and became a living joke in the emulation community, they then released Emerald Dream (2012? or later?) in the future, which was quite anticipated in the pserver community and became the most popular vanilla server, a month or so after launch the GM's were found to be giving themselves AQ tomes (for higher ranking abilities) when only MC was released (funny, right?)

We have always had little servers like vanillagaming/the rebirth (recently shut down) -- but the population too low for my taste, and I swear vanillagaming has enhanced rates, so they never really took the public eye.

There was literally not a single decent server (in my eyes) until Nostalrius came about and in the end they shit themselves over a C&D letter and ended up flying straight into the Overlord's palms. To my knowledge, and all controversy, it was the only project that wasn't pierced by corruption and bad seeds, no fake fronts about loving the game, they truly loved the game. 

Kronos came about around the same time as Nostalrius (hazy memory) but I never played there anyway, so can't judge or say about corruption there.

Now Elysium, as much as I enjoy the experience of playing with 10000+ people, the controversy is starting to create a serious cloud over my head when logging on. The community as a whole works together to purge corruption but here Elysium is bringing them into their 'holy roots' as the community view it, that which isn't holy but is truly unholy; because if they truly loved the game they would keep it clean from darkness and plagued consciousnesses that wish to exploit the project for their own ends.

There's no holy trinity when it comes to private servers; if they want to create a secret-black market of gold sellers, they will. If they want to localize and favor a specific nationality to fund their real-life habits through the ability to un-ban, they will. The motive they have for their servers is not clear yet, I do not understand what the plan is entirely as this is all controversy but frankly I'm sick of it and just want to log in, play and enjoy myself without worrying about what a waste of time it may become, it makes playing WoW stressful rather than enjoyable. Realistically, if they were good at covering their tracks, no one would have gotten wind of their actions; but because people within their teams know what they are doing is moral injustice, we know. It's whether they accept or deny it as fact, and you can bet for the reputation for their server(s) they will always deny it. The people who are morally set will end up leaking more information or leaving the team(s) because being around bad seeds, even in a virtual setting, can make you lose the will and motivation to want to carry on -- which is what we've seen by the disband of the partnership.

Edited by AzAMOuS
context

1 hour ago, Chickengrease said:

And regarding the cretin Alex - his method and way of conducting himself would put even any current teen hipster journalist (read: blogger) to shame. I like to see it as him using a automated weapon and aiming at a large barn, of course he hit some stuff right but the things that he got wrong, particularly against those individuals who he tried to shit smear and it turned out false, was of equally bad in my opinion. Sure he'll feel very good of himself and those who were slobbering his knob pre-Crexit (see what I did there?), will feel even better. But that doesn't matter, we got CF back. Focus should be on development and release now. I don't even wanna guess how much time was wasted on non-emulation things regarding LGN and even less so how much mental fatigue came as consequence for the CF team. 

Yes this about Alex. 

Edited by Sherekhan

1 hour ago, Outstanding said:

I just fucking don't know. Pservers eh? I can't really comment because while I was always unhappy with the tie-in with Elysium, I was prepared to still go full on with Crestfall.

So therefore not having the courage of my convictions. So I can't take any credit out of this and people who I have argued against can and rightly so.

Players who caved and gave pservers a chance aren't likely to do so again if shit majorly hits the fan, which it seems it will.

The people who are true Legacy fans remain strong, though.

Edited by AzAMOuS

2 minutes ago, AzAMOuS said:

Players who caved and gave pservers a chance aren't likely to do so again if shit majorly hits the fan, which it seems it will.

I agree. This made me stand by Crestfall even more. Going back from LGN when they went in to it full hearted shows some spine tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Sherekhan said:

I agree. This made me stand by Crestfall even more. Going back from LGN when they went in to it full hearted shows some spine tbh. 

The fact Asura was basically managing Elysium's development team is a sign in itself. (correct me if I have read information wrong over the past few days and my stance is incorrect, though I thought I saw that he was leading -- as I said, if I'm wrong don't be scared to call me out on it!)

Edited by AzAMOuS
context correction

1 hour ago, Chickengrease said:

It feels nice being back to just "us" honestly. While some may point out the potential of the LGN and the benefits to the "community", that is ultimately all it is; unrealized potential that was a long-shot to begin with. Anyways, glad to have the CF community back, hopefully with some new faces that we can embrace with our hueculture. [...]

38 minutes ago, Kelila said:

That was really my initial feeling.  It feels nice to think we can go back to how it was because the Crestfall community was pretty happy with how it was.  I had come to accept LGN, but I didn't see it as a big game changer for CF. [...]

For me it feels like the CF-Project now has the biggest spotlight possible over its head. There already was a big one with the announcement of the LGN, but this will top it big time. I know, that the project needs attention to grow, but i really fear, that the huge influx of it in this short period of time will lead to negative results... Just look at the dynamics in Discord and reddit :/. I doubt a scenario where things will go back to what they were before in any extent whatsoever. I wish it would be like that...

I'm kind of loosing the overview on what is going on with this project - my sense of judgement is being overstrained and watered-down by the waves of different "truths" out there. This is mainly due to the huge attention-influx and the dynamics of the masses. Else it could have been communicated in a believable and civil way. What i see now is just a huge bulk of shit. I feel like this could have been prevented, if there would have been a better feeling/understanding/knowledge (whatever) on how to preserve a course and how to avoid things that can corrupt this path.

Honestly i don't know what comes next, because i don't know anything in detail on what is going on behind the scenes. But i somehow doubt, that there is anyone at the moment with a clear view on things. This "confusion" is felt by many and can lead to extremes (Alexensual as new Messiah for some to fill in the gap of "confusion" is only one example).

So i just wait and see, and refrain to pledge my allegiance to the next best thing that presents any simple answers.

Greetings

+1 Kelila's post. A lot of other good points made here too.

It seems the naysayers to the LGN were right, mostly. Naive of me maybe, but I honestly like it when groups with similar ideals come together, so on the surface it seemed a great idea. Although personally I'm not fussed that it's finished (for now). Life goes on.

Saying that, I liked the low key feel to CF beforehand and following the positive contributions from forum regulars, so here's to hoping that the recent sourness around here will disappear and there will be a return to form.

For the moment, I will remain cautiously optimistic.

I'm glad it's over, and regarding Alex... On his discord, he was banning everyone from CF discord these days, so why lift the ban from him? Even if he was right the way he conducts himself is very immature and toxic.

And it's not like eventually he's not gonna do something that gets him banned on CF again. He lives on drama, which I kinda understand since everything he does is done for views, popularity etc. That means that eventually, he's gonna start OR join the drama in shitting against CF. Again.

3 minutes ago, Sallerius said:

That was before lgn announcement?

Yup.