Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kelila

Feelings Thread: Tell Me How You Feel

77 posts in this topic

Well, right now I find myself placed in a group of other CF-aligned hobos that probably last shaved before the napoleonic wars, amidst broken crates of wine, melons and that shitty white French bread, and we all together, in unison, yell "We're not going to say that we told you, but!" from down below the forum bridge.

Ah, what an evening.

EDIT: Deux idées - While I did, in the past, when it just started, expect Elysium to fold down, and while I also thought Legacy Network isn't a very fortunate idea, I would not ever expect those two to converge at a point so soon in the future. Oh well. I also have to note that something like this would probably happen at some point. Elysium was first propped up by Nostalrius, getting an invitation to the high society of tens of thousands of players, and then, after they told Nostrils to fuck off with their offer of Blizzard-dicksucking, Elysium was held up by CF.

Now sorry if it sounds too harsh where I wasn't before, these ideas took some time over the past weeks to formulate, and I wouldn't say them here, lest I sow more disconcern on our Shire-like forums. Now I feel like I can perform this spelunking into my o(pi)nions.
*throws shitty French bread*
NOW GIT FROM UNDER MY BRIDGE

Edited by Xaverius

3 hours ago, AzAMOuS said:

GM locked the announcement topic coincidentally just as I voiced my opinion, so here's a copy paste directly from moments ago.

What a shitshow this has all been.

I said it months and months ago, even though I gave Elysium the light of day and a chance at proving their Valkyrie ways are in the past, it was all for naught (duh). There's too much shadiness. 

This shit is getting over the top. Every single time there's a decent server it's attached to corrupted roots. Elysium needs a better core because they know they will struggle to fix AQ, I mean christ, look at the state of C'thun: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C47gb-gXUAEycbl.jpg:large --- that's on the Elysium core. (CF staff please correct me if I'm wrong) now I'm not saying they're INCAPABLE of fixing it but everyone knows AQ is a massive development challenge and they're struggling with things like melee leeway mechanic and fear/stun DC, which is weird in itself?

We can start from the very beginning with this.

We literally only had Feenix at one point, although it was a serious mess in comparison to the servers we have seven years later and became a living joke in the emulation community, they then released Emerald Dream (2012? or later?) in the future, which was quite anticipated in the pserver community and became the most popular vanilla server, a month or so after launch the GM's were found to be giving themselves AQ tomes (for higher ranking abilities) when only MC was released (funny, right?)

We have always had little servers like vanillagaming/the rebirth (recently shut down) -- but the population too low for my taste, and I swear vanillagaming has enhanced rates, so they never really took the public eye.

There was literally not a single decent server (in my eyes) until Nostalrius came about and in the end they shit themselves over a C&D letter and ended up flying straight into the Overlord's palms. To my knowledge, and all controversy, it was the only project that wasn't pierced by corruption and bad seeds, no fake fronts about loving the game, they truly loved the game. 

Kronos came about around the same time as Nostalrius (hazy memory) but I never played there anyway, so can't judge or say about corruption there.

Now Elysium, as much as I enjoy the experience of playing with 10000+ people, the controversy is starting to create a serious cloud over my head when logging on. The community as a whole works together to purge corruption but here Elysium is bringing them into their 'holy roots' as the community view it, that which isn't holy but is truly unholy; because if they truly loved the game they would keep it clean from darkness and plagued consciousnesses that wish to exploit the project for their own ends.

There's no holy trinity when it comes to private servers; if they want to create a secret-black market of gold sellers, they will. If they want to localize and favor a specific nationality to fund their real-life habits through the ability to un-ban, they will. The motive they have for their servers is not clear yet, I do not understand what the plan is entirely as this is all controversy but frankly I'm sick of it and just want to log in, play and enjoy myself without worrying about what a waste of time it may become, it makes playing WoW stressful rather than enjoyable. Realistically, if they were good at covering their tracks, no one would have gotten wind of their actions; but because people within their teams know what they are doing is moral injustice, we know. It's whether they accept or deny it as fact, and you can bet for the reputation for their server(s) they will always deny it. The people who are morally set will end up leaking more information or leaving the team(s) because being around bad seeds, even in a virtual setting, can make you lose the will and motivation to want to carry on -- which is what we've seen by the disband of the partnership.

This 100% (Ye ye give me shit because first post but been  lurking.) at this point i'm tired, so damn tired of all this B.S Drama from Higher ups that i got no power over, in the end i dono if i can honestly give 100% into vanilla as much as i love it my passions burning out, and i'm getting old, I like what i see on these fourms and i know that doesn't carry vaule. But even if i don't play on here when it comes out (If it comes out. a lot of nice servers didn't make it into open testing fingers crossed but hanging around helping some servers test and all that jazz you become more jaded.) I just hope, you can push the server in a positive light. Not because of the love for vanilla or money creed etc, but because RJREJTRHY <--- hurtful words. To spite, everyone and everything these damn people do to this game. It's an amazaing game we are all nerds for, but no mater what servers can't stay alive be it blizz greed, courption etc. At this point I just want a server that can spite everyone, more so then passion. everytime B.S like this happens, people may just think "Oh it's drama or screw this idc" it hurts us, as a coumminity i'm not talking Crestfall or Valk ED SC1 Sc 2 Corecraft. I mean legacy as whole, we will end up dying because we are to stupid or chilidsh to form into one group. Sure we'll always have hardcorefans and it's great, but i don't want just hardcore nerds. I want everyone and everything because that is what makes MMO's and WoW awesome, sure it's great game, but really it's the idiots you meet. I can't meet half the misfits i meet on the internet irl, and i love me those screwloose. Maybe i am just saying dumb shit that don't mater, but atleast one wow nerd to another Crestfall, make this work, because this one trick pony prot war is getting old and tired, i just want an idiot guild i can lead through idiot stuff but leveling a warrior 1-60 it gets harder every time.

P.S Zukk is funny as hell, you see his post on ED? I'd rather have the best cheater working on stuff like this then people who only have some skills, because they follow the rules.

Joined the Discord channel to find out what's going on, #offtopic is literally worse than Barrens chat, jfc.

Is there a post anywhere on what precisely Asura and whitekidney found, other than the deleted logs?

And why is Shenna still defending Vitaliy?

Apparently Alexensual was right? CF is no longer part of LGN?

I dunno. I just wanna play the game without any bullshit drama =/ 

I just wish I had a nice place to play the game and enjoy the vanilla+tbc content. Tired of drama around now-buried-LGN.

But as pessimistic character of mine says, I fear there is more to come. I don't hope that though.

I feel there is more to come as well. Somehow I think Nostalrius' role has not been finished yet and more will be revealed about the elusive mr. Vitaly and Gurky's hand on this.

Was leveling a priest on Elysium, but I guess now it should speed up downhill, without Yaga or whatever the dev was called and without Asura's ... help?

Having posted several negative posts regarding the LGN and being ignored or just criticized for criticizing (as happened to many others), I feel CF team could have asked the community for opinions pre-LGN.

Anyway, hope the devs here take it easier and keep on slowly but steady progress. Hope for a good server.

Edited by loeth

Well, I'm done. Not with Crestfall but with the forums. I'll still be here come 2030 for release and I'll still read the bi-weekly updates. But I just really don't care about anything else. All I want is a server that has good quality, good population and PTE. Everything else doesn't matter to me. I have my Beta invite to Burning Crusade, I'll be over there helping out. See you all once this comes out.  

Some of you have probably missed out on this but there was (and still is) a spontaneous AMA in CF Discord this evening/morning. Crogge/Shenna/Tyche and some of the other staff from both projects were involved. In my opinion, it was a good and frank conversation between players and staff. Some good questions were asked/Alexensual had his chance to screech talk. All in all, minus some crap trolling, it was good fun and a chance to clear the air.

Anyway, I think and I hope Alex has recorded it. Worth a watch if it sees the light of day.

29 minutes ago, Efrafa said:

Some of you have probably missed out on this but there was (and still is) a spontaneous AMA in CF Discord this evening/morning. Crogge/Shenna/Tyche and some of the other staff from both projects were involved. In my opinion, it was a good and frank conversation between players and staff. Some good questions were asked/Alexensual had his chance to screech talk. All in all, minus some crap trolling, it was good fun and a chance to clear the air.

Anyway, I think and I hope Alex has recorded it. Worth a watch if it sees the light of day.

Cliff notes?

12 minutes ago, myrnym said:

Cliff notes?

1) Vitaliy did nothing wrong by Elysium

2) Racial slurs by edgelords

3) Kermit has a green dick

Edited by pvescrub

17 minutes ago, pvescrub said:

1) Vitaliy did nothing wrong by Elysium

2) Racial slurs by edgelords

3) Kermit has a green dick

-_-;

2 minutes ago, myrnym said:

-_-;

OK, there also was burps. There you have it, full disclosure.

For those who wish to catch up. There are three main things to read:

1. Shenna's Post linked here

2. Within the comments of that post is something from Suzerain, you can see his comments regarding the *new* exposure of Vitality's goings-on. Here is the link to a comment

3. Both these comments stemmed from a pastebin bringing new light to the entire shady situation regarding the Elysium Admin staff. You can find the pastebin here and the reddit thread discussing it here and here.

Now with all the context here are my feelings:

I am glad but sad, relieved but disappointed, calm but frustrated.

On one side its good to be back to basics. One project. One team. However, Asura has the right idea, an idea I could get fully behind, the strive to bring together the whole legacy community under a banner, a network. To limit the 'open-source-ness' to those who strive to bring the full experience to its player-base and not make a quick dime. Asura has the right idea...but I feel his first choice to bring his idea to fruition was always a bad one. There were tell-tale signs of Elysium's shady dealings from years back. Why Nost (to begin with) felt that the Elysium team were inline with their ideals baffled me as did Asura's choice (discounting Crogge and Legacy Crusade of course) to build a conglomerate and further the non-profit system.

I hope this does not hamper Asura's, and ultimately Crestfall's (and its community) drive to bring together the legacy community as a whole. While the indie and free-market setup of the entire legacy community means that the ones in 'power' are under more scrutiny, I think it would also help if a more closed network of servers (like what LGN was the start of) would be the right step into solidifying private servers global existence. 

Secondly, I am sad for Elysium, not just its community...but some of the staff. There are some true blue legacy committers working under Elysium who have put a lot of time and effort into something they love and be able to provide something for everyone to enjoy. Some have been unfairly and unnecessarily attacked and others have had their home set ablaze. I hope these individuals are able to continue working with projects and are able to keep doing a service which the private scene sorely needs.

Edit: I think this whole ordeal unequivocally proves that whilst goldsellers and buyers are part of every race and culture. The majority of the money stems from Chinese dealings. With this fact I hope we strive to find a way to play with our counterparts behind the Great Fire Wall whilst blocking VPN's and keeping these dealings behind the wall.

Edited by Struckd

7 hours ago, VladAtheris said:

As for Asura and the rest of his crew. Don't you think for a second that CF didn't know about the shady shit going on at Elysium.

Tinfoil much? Why would they have risked being linked to this whole mess if they knew?

Own the fact that they got greedy and forsook the community.

They intended to help improve Elysium, which has tens of thousands of players. How exactly did they "forsake" anyone? They were going to improve the experience for players outside the CF community. And greedy how? Are you claiming that they joined the LGN so they could get a cut from the shady gold selling monies? :D

You listen to me Asura and do as I say

lmao, this would make for a great signature.

Don't you listen to these spineless junkies who will swallow any pill you give them. They will play on any server that is out there. Whatever they say is meaningless. They have no dignity, no self respect, no moral compass.

Damn, you make us all sound base and evil.

Edited by Lilaina

You listen to me Asura and do as I say

Lmao this had me in tears. Thanks for the laff m8 I r8 8/8

I haven't been able to catch up on this, but from a first glance (thanks @Struckd ) it seems like Shennas' little tantrum on the Ely forums is as much damage control as it is letting off some frustration. She throws around a few ad hominems but fails to really clarify anything. I hope Suzerains post is legit, but I am still wondering why he deleted it shortly after posting it. 

Patiently awaiting a response from Asura and/or Darkrasp, but I have to say I am quite relieved it turned out as it did. We all knew Ely/Valkyries past was filled with sketchy dealings and mismanagement of servers, but I also had hopes they moved past all that with this new LGN.

But yeah, all in all, pretty confident CF will be better off without this mess.

P.S.

Elicas who was calling Alex a fag and a drama queen on every reddit post he made about this merger, proudly hopping on this legacy network's dick. He is now showing up to tell us that he knew all along they were shit. Elicas, you are a brainless little pawn that will mindlessly lash out against anyone who criticizes CF. You are simply put an idiot. You should shut the fuck up because you have been so thoroughly embarrassed there is absolutely no redemption left for you. All your post on these forums and on reddit are there for posterity. Anyone can read your drivel at their leisure and establish to their own satisfaction that you are beyond any doubt a clown.

Legacy Network Announcement came on the 8th February. This is over a month old. Obviously, you're a bit too stupid to understand dates, so I'll ELI5.

This means I called Elysium shit before the announcement.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:47 PM, Elicas said:

This for me is one of the most critical posts and threads on the forum at the moment. The fact 15 hours later there hasn't been any sort of staff response is bad in my eyes.

It feels like @Asura and @Darkrasp and co are happy to see the CF community leave because now they have a bigger one. Seen a rash of people who have been following, promoting and working hard to make this community what it is leave over this decision, and they literally don't seem to give half of a single fuck.

I picked this project specifically because it wasn't Nostalrius/Kronos/Elysium. I have no desire to be affiliated with them in any way, and this is really rubbing me up the wrong way.

They seem to think because the devs are happy to work together, the communities will naturally come together.

Newsflash. Not in a million fucking years.

There's conflict between the Elysium servers for populations, who has the most legitimate server firsts, etc. etc. The community will forever be at each others throats to get the most population and the most popular and important server.

That wont change with this announcement. The playerbases between Elysium, Crestfall and Legacy Crusade will always be in a form of PR war.

I'm waiting for the joint FAQ before I make any rash decisions, but I'm seriously considering walking away entirely depending on what the teams next moves are.

It just feels like those of us on these boards don't matter compared to the people on Elysium.

On 2/8/2017 at 4:05 PM, Elicas said:

Eh.

It's not like Nost was ever the gold standard and their devs aren't involved with Elysium. Elysium/Valkyrie devs haven't proved a thing other than they couldn't release AQ after 8 years.

Underwhelming for what the hype was.

On 2/8/2017 at 11:54 PM, Elicas said:

All i can see this doing is benefiting the Elysium community, and fracturing the nascent CF community.

I've been consistently anti-Elysium, and regardless of his role in this, I still don't particularly like Alex.

Jog on, reject.

I think the majority of us just want to play the game tbh and don't care for this drama... just give us a ETA so we know it's real.

6 hours ago, cell007 said:

Apparently Alexensual was right?

Makes you think.

tJl3x2t.jpg

Edited by Xaverius

Season 1 was great. Can't wait for season 2.

8 hours ago, cell007 said:
1 hour ago, Cheapshots said:

I think the majority of us just want to play the game tbh and don't care for this drama... 

I dunno. I just wanna play the game without any bullshit drama =/ 

Yup, and double yup. 

Edited by Ugondiss

In Valkyrie was the sale of gear and not only. Even with this sad online is they received not bad money ..... and imagine that at one point ended the flow of money, their pockets wept and began to ask to eat. Just so this does not refuse - it's like a drug.

And on this, I believe that they can raise through the gold sellers themselves money.
Yes, of course, it could be a provocation. Past and present Elysium (Valkyrie) tells me more "faith" than the "unbeliever" in it.

And AQ who waited for 8 years and was not open to the Valkyries

The same Nostalrius better do their job against sellers of gold than Elysium (this is my personal vision and opinion, i'm played here and there), and from this I conclude that: 1) they do not care 2) do not have normal people to do the job 3) they have with this profit, but 1, 2, 3 version does not give me positive.

I believe, that Asura were only good intentions to create LGN, but the Russian people large part of a very selfish, lazy people (like I was sad to write about it) I do not say that all, but there are so many

I hope that  at Asura are always will only the good and the right thoughts, then WoW will have a legacy

Good luck, patience, and a lot positive, CRESTFALL team.

sorry for mistakes

Edited by mEm