Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kelila

Feelings Thread: Tell Me How You Feel

77 posts in this topic

While i didn't think that it was a good decision to create LGN at the time. Once it happened, I hoped it would work out precisely to avoid drama such as this.

Oh well, back to the old ways, which is fine by me. I just hope this whole situation doesn't sour CF dev team's willingness to continue development.

I feel down to be honest.

Just bought Gold on Elysium for 80$ Can i have that transfered to Crestfall? o.O

It doesn't matter how we feel. It only matters that CF team learned from this shit to measure two times before cutting. If they put some info before for possible merge, I think that many members here in the forums or people even in reddit would tell them more info and would got better view of the situation. This is with the presumption that they didn't know. Because many of them are long time in pserver scene, so they should know valk/ely history of handouts and incompetence, what about corruption...

7 minutes ago, Gorriz said:

I feel down to be honest.

Just bought Gold on Elysium for 80$ Can i have that transfered to Crestfall? o.O

Just curious, how did u feel when u bought gold?

only WoW is real
i have left feelings behind
long live the new flesh

A lot of good points already made by many.

I allways was like a "optimistic skeptic" about all the LGN stuff. Optimistic, because i liked the idea and the bigger picture behind it all. Skeptic because i wasn't sure it would work out well. All in all i have to say, that not too much changed for me when LGN was announced and again not too much is changing with this new announcement. Though i'm curious about the exact explanation for this decision.

What i really hated was the immediate effect the whole LGN drama had on the climate within this forum, so i feel kind of relieved it might be over. I hope the crestfall community will be able to get back to the point where we were before all of this mess (at least near to the point) after the smoke has cleared up. It is the great attitude of all the people in this forum which made me sign up and want to be a part of it all and i hope we can preserve this awesome way of treating each other as long as possible.

Also:

16 hours ago, Polyphem said:

Honestly i don't know what comes next, because i don't know anything in detail on what is going on behind the scenes. But i somehow doubt, that there is anyone at the moment with a clear view on things. This "confusion" is felt by many and can lead to extremes (Alexensual as new Messiah for some to fill in the gap of "confusion" is only one example).

I also hope someone posts audio from that impromptu discord Q&A, but 1) it needs to be edited due to trolling and 2) I don't trust Alexensual to edit it properly because even he is capable of hearing that he came off as a self-righteous sack of shit full of gloating ad hominems. What an awful character, asking the stupidest, most transparent questions. 

Personally, I found a lot of Crogge & Darkrasp's statements to be helpful, along with Tyche from Elysium. 

Edited by Chiasmus

7 hours ago, Elicas said:

Legacy Network Announcement came on the 8th February. This is over a month old. Obviously, you're a bit too stupid to understand dates, so I'll ELI5.

This means I called Elysium shit before the announcement.

I've been consistently anti-Elysium, and regardless of his role in this, I still don't particularly like Alex.

Jog on, reject.

While his words are a bit harsh in regards to you I think I can provide some context for the way he feels. I'm usually a lurker and occasionally a poster, but I read all things private server. My Reddit username is cpanda671, so you can see I'm usually impartial about things.

When I first joined these forums I really enjoyed your tenure and the way you conducted yourself was professional. I knew you were going to be a solid member of the community. Your guides were helpful and you have the passion for this game, that's for sure. You built yourself up to be a sort of community leader along with Outstanding. You were the theorycrafter and he was the social butterfly. As things got heated with Killerduki I started seeing some of your ugly side. I think that was the beginning of my loss of respect for you. As Crestfall gained traction along with positive feedback it of course receive negative feedback. It's inevitable. You seemed to struggle with hearing the negative feedback and it clearly has angered you in some respect. I've seen you call people fags and conduct yourself in a manner comparable to an angsty teenager. It's hard to watch because I see that intelligent person behind the keyboard. It's odd to see that person turn into this narcissistic animal sometimes. There's more things I've noticed, buts it's not my intention to brigade on you. I just wanted to let you know I respected you quite a lot and nowadays not as much.

5 minutes ago, Steaktips said:

While his words are a bit harsh in regards to you I think I can provide some context for the way he feels. I'm usually a lurker and occasionally a poster, but I read all things private server. My Reddit username is cpanda671, so you can see I'm usually impartial about things.

When I first joined these forums I really enjoyed your tenure and the way you conducted yourself was professional. I knew you were going to be a solid member of the community. Your guides were helpful and you have the passion for this game, that's for sure. You built yourself up to be a sort of community leader along with Outstanding. You were the theorycrafter and he was the social butterfly. As things got heated with Killerduki I started seeing some of your ugly side. I think that was the beginning of my loss of respect for you. As Crestfall gained traction along with positive feedback it of course receive negative feedback. It's inevitable. You seemed to struggle with hearing the negative feedback and it clearly has angered you in some respect. I've seen you call people fags and conduct yourself in a manner comparable to an angsty teenager. It's hard to watch because I see that intelligent person behind the keyboard. It's odd to see that person turn into this narcissistic animal sometimes. There's more things I've noticed, buts it's not my intention to brigade on you. I just wanted to let you know I respected you quite a lot and nowadays not as much.

On the whole, I'd rather conduct myself more how I did in the early days. However, the mods on this forum are downright awful, lazy, and are quite happy to let people roam around who have no intention other than to repeatedly bash the project, for reasons I can't explain. What you saw was me fighting fire with patience and fact, before, frankly, I simply got tired of it. What you get now is my impatient side.

I don't have an issue with negative feedback, I have an issue with baseless negative feedback, backed up by inattentive forum moderation that has allowed it to fester across several accounts.

And yes, I'm somewhat more defensive of the project nowadays. Beta testing isn't fun. I spend hours nearly every night testing some of the most mundanely boring content in the game, typing up (literally) hundreds of bug reports. I don't expect thanks for it, but at the same time I don't have to take the amount of abuse I get for being a 'supporter' of CF. I should open up my incoming reddit PM's at some point, the vitriol literally drips from it.

I wish I could still call myself an angsty teen. Feels like a lifetime ago now.

17 minutes ago, Elicas said:

On the whole, I'd rather conduct myself more how I did in the early days. However, the mods on this forum are downright awful, lazy, and are quite happy to let people roam around who have no intention other than to repeatedly bash the project, for reasons I can't explain. What you saw was me fighting fire with patience and fact, before, frankly, I simply got tired of it. What you get now is my impatient side.

I don't have an issue with negative feedback, I have an issue with baseless negative feedback, backed up by inattentive forum moderation that has allowed it to fester across several accounts.

And yes, I'm somewhat more defensive of the project nowadays. Beta testing isn't fun. I spend hours nearly every night testing some of the most mundanely boring content in the game, typing up (literally) hundreds of bug reports. I don't expect thanks for it, but at the same time I don't have to take the amount of abuse I get for being a 'supporter' of CF. I should open up my incoming reddit PM's at some point, the vitriol literally drips from it.

I wish I could still call myself an angsty teen. Feels like a lifetime ago now.

Thank you for some clarification. Consider this some respect regained. You have a way of writing that is fun to read just like Darkrasp. If beta becomes tedious consider writing some Beta updates sort of like how Darkrasp writes updates. You can release them when the NDA is no longer in effect. I'd certainly enjoy reading them and it may provide some respite for you. From what I can tell you like to write.

It came up a while ago, I'm an author and spent time writing for several gaming websites, currently I write PR releases for HS2 alongside freelancing.

I offered to do a beta update to give a general overview of how the beta is going from a tester PoV on the Mondays between Dark's updates, but i'm not a team member and they want me to stay under NDA.

As it stands, every week I work on my Beta Review that I'll drop once NDA lifts, or if the project implodes from all the drama.

I kinda agree with @Steaktips. The Elicas that wrote this:

is much more pleasant than the one telling certain people to f#¤% off from the forums. However, I haven't been here anywhere near as long as you, nor have I contributed anything of value to the project unlike you do everyday, so I'm not going to judge.

I will say however, that although the moderators could be somewhat more active in keeping the most toxic people out, they are here when they're really needed. Just last week @rooted responded very quickly to a nasty situation, for which I'm personally very grateful, and I object to calling them awful or lazy based on that.

1 minute ago, Outstanding said:

social-butterfly-black.jpg

Apparently :|

Well you do have the WoW equivalent of a butterfly as your avatar!

If you guys feel there's inappropriate content on our forums, I'm asking you all to report it. Whilst reports may take longer to process in certain situations, we definitely are here. We work best when there is a report about a post.

Like Lilaina explained, we are around. But I can only speak for myself as a Community Manager, I don't actively go scouring for posts. I don't also like to gestapo and prefer to moderate EVERYTHING. And currently as an example, I'm going over some other reports there are currently to make sure that I'm making proper judgement instead of a hasty move. It all depends case-by-case what we do.

58 minutes ago, Elicas said:

backed up by inattentive forum moderation that has allowed it to fester across several accounts.

Regarding this, I can understand why there's been less moderation at least from my side. Compared to before we have A LOT less reports than we used to, and I don't exactly personally scour for content. Reports are the best way to handle this. If there are any underlying questions regarding Moderation, I'll be glad to answer questions and/or work as a medium to communicate between our Administrators. These are best done in PM or through Discord PM's. :)

*Does the Elliot Reed, 'I told you so!' dance.*

Now that's out of the way, I'm still worried. Certain people have been validated by the last 24 hours and will simply continue on their drama crusade now. There are already 'demands' being made which will simply change and get bigger if they are met. Personally I'm disheartened to see such people still around in the name of tolerance when a line has to be drawn.

I'll still be here. I still want to play on CF more than any other project. I want it to succeed. 

1 hour ago, Outstanding said:

social-butterfly-black.jpg

Apparently :|

Better be butterfly, instead of flying butter, don't you think?

1 hour ago, Adalon said:

*Does the Elliot Reed, 'I told you so!' dance.*

Now that's out of the way, I'm still worried. Certain people have been validated by the last 24 hours and will simply continue on their drama crusade now. There are already 'demands' being made which will simply change and get bigger if they are met. Personally I'm disheartened to see such people still around in the name of tolerance when a line has to be drawn.

I'll still be here. I still want to play on CF more than any other project. I want it to succeed. 

Please leave the lvl 25 druid alone. Who will entertain me with his "Hey gais". That guy is digging his own grave, let him jump. It will just take some time.

Edited by Joyman

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

I will say however, that although the moderators could be somewhat more active in keeping the most toxic people out, they are here when they're really needed. Just last week @rooted responded very quickly to a nasty situation, for which I'm personally very grateful, and I object to calling them awful or lazy based on that.

I first got involved in the theorycrafting scene with Gradius on EJ and Tankspot. Compared to what I consider top tier moderation, they are awful and lazy.

Obviously, lots of people consider both EJ and TS to have been far too strict.

I won't deny they can be helpful though. It comes down to where you like the line to be.

I enjoyed EJ very much back in the day and their style of moderation was entirely appropriate (in my opinion) for the type of board that was.

When you want to promote / keep your forum at a decent level regarding theorycraft, badly researched, not sourced claims by people that don't understand basic math, or want to just make noise to lobby for buffs/nerfs are a scourge.

I don't think that kind of moderation is appropriate for a "general purpose" forum like this one.

That and common sense is pretty sufficient imho. (2) and (5) are somewhat open to interpretation but basically if arguments are thrown around instead of insults, I'd say we're good.

Edited by Roadblock

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

I first got involved in the theorycrafting scene with Gradius on EJ and Tankspot. Compared to what I consider top tier moderation, they are awful and lazy.

Obviously, lots of people consider both EJ and TS to have been far too strict.

I won't deny they can be helpful though. It comes down to where you like the line to be.

I remember I made my first EJ post in WOTLK. I was very nervous. That forum certainly had a reputation. Death Knight gargoyles would sometimes run in to melee mobs, but their cast was way more damage. I helped figure out that with Death Knights if you turn away from the mob and summon your gargoyle and then turn back your gargoyle would be far enough away that it would never run in to melee and you would get a decent amount more DPS from it. Just had to time it with weapon swing. I don't think people should have to feel anxious like I did before they post.

Edited by Steaktips

Started some time ago on feenix ed and had a very good time there. Everything was nice and the server had his own "small" community.

Than someday this nost/kronos quality hype came. Dunno where all the ppl came from but playing on a 12.000 pop server isn't vanilla, so I joined kronos.

Again a wonderful server whith a nice little community. Raided with @Elicasbut sadly the server died out...

Than somehow the bomb drops on this vanilla scene.... 

nost closed, so many homeless players that hypetrained everything they could find and connect... 

I thought "why not building up something new"... betatesting playtbc... i think everyone knows how this ended...

nost came back, elisium started, over 30.000 active players hyped again,...and it did looked promising but after a few month again only drama... for me again no possible home and i stopped playing.

Alot ppl leave the sinking ship and this whole community is homeless again. Now CF is named to be the promised land... let's see how this will end up.

How I feel?

In a lonely minute I forget all that <quality hype stuff> and dream back days of ED/Kronos, where no Hypetrain overrunned the land.... 

Edited by Lyn

From this, at least we'll have Crestfall owned static Vanilla servers (if they decide to do that) again.

Anyway, I don't think the idea of creating a network is a bad idea. I think just in this instance, Elysium might've brought some bad baggage with them.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

I wish I hadn't eaten that bowl of Teriaki chicken with rice and chocolate cake. I feel disgusting and I want to vomit. I'm going to have to work out and eat clean for a few days now. Also, can I just be done with school and get to playing PTE already?

18 hours ago, Chiasmus said:

impromptu discord Q&A

A what?! Damn, Krog always comes on a hour after I go to bed - and we're in the same timezone :D.

16 hours ago, Elicas said:

HS2

Gotta help me with that a bit.
Also cool. Shame gaming sites in this day and age are less about games and more about opinions. Oh, those days when I learned how to craft a game review... The long-gone age of gaming magazines. With a multimedia CD and a full game, no less!

Edited by Xaverius