Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilovecats

Anything you always wanted to get/achieve in WoW but never did?

61 posts in this topic

Share the ever-elusive things you always wanted to achieve or get but never quite got to it or didn't want to invest time into in fear of a damn server closing down and losing it all.

For me it's getting two mounts: the Ashes of Al'ar and... don't judge... the Celestial Steed! The Ashes have a very low drop rate and the servers I wanted to buy the Steed on I either quit or were shut down. I even wanted to buy it on retail so it's there forever, but Legion is just unbearable to me.

Edited by ilovecats

I always thought about getting that achievement in WoTLk of fishing the coins in the fountain but i only got a few of them, never found the patience to go through it all the way lool.
Would like to do it someday tho

12 minutes ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

I always thought about getting that achievement in WoTLk of fishing the coins in the fountain but i only got a few of them

I got that one... that char probably still exists, transferred somewhere. Not sure if it has achievements though. Hope it does, I had all the fishing ones there and all but one cooking achievs (though the turtle fishing one had bugged drop so it was easy).
Learn from the master :P.

I was always fascinated and enchanted by the whole Ahn'Qiraj and C'thun storyline. The lore, the setting that breathed ancient myth at you, and the quests in Feralas and Tanaris that warned you that the danger is already there, seemingly harmless for now, but working to birth itself upon the world once more. And the sheer unrivaled epicness of the scarab lord chain. Just the presence of assembled Might of Kalimdor is something breathtaking, and that's the very end of it, not counting the adventure that preceeded and the adventure that follows.
So I'd like the mount. And the title, if possible.

Edited by Xaverius

Scourge invasion.Started playing wow much later, wotlk - argent tournament patch, cataclism came soon after, old world died...so yeah, scourge invasion.And tabard ofc.

Well, I'm a bit of an achievement whore, so anything I hadn't collected or achieved yet, I wanted, no matter how unrealistic. 

The One That Didn't Get Away and Insane in Membrane were both things I spent so much time on but never finished.

My single most coveted item is not a mount or pet however, but a weapon: Teebu's Blazing Longsword :o

To this day I don't know who Teebu is but damn that thing is awesome, rare, and expensive. When WoW first came out I was 9 years old, and no matter how much I begged, I wasn't allowed to play a 12+ game where you could kill other people. So when my older siblings played, I sat in my room and stared at the box art with the dwarf warrior facing a Giant Yeti with this weapon in his hand. It was the epitome of awesomeness to me in my imagination, and my ultimate goal.

Someday...

Vanilla: I haven't played past the first couple bosses in AQ40 and some trash runs in Naxx.

BC: I also haven't gone past the first boss in Black Temple and some trash runs in SWP (post nerfs), haven't killed Kael'thas or Vashj, also haven't done anything past Rage Winterchill in Hyjal (post 2.4 removal of attun)

WotLK: This is where casualization of raiding caught up with the place my guild was on the totem pole so we did actually finish the content in time (if barely :P )

It has always been a choice between guild-hopping (I had ample opportunity) and staying with my friends and I don't regret always picking the 2nd option. I still would like to do that content in a reasonable facsimile.

(I don't expect it to be 100% the same as the people that managed to do it the first time, even if CF is the best private server that ever comes, but it should be close enough to be fun)

Other than those "leftover" raiding things, I had my fill of social experiences and anything I would like to do in small group content so not many regrets.

It would be nice to experience those things again with old and new friends, they never lose their value.

Edited by Roadblock

So welcome back @ilovecats although you need lessons from my pocket guide to flouncing...

So for me, being there at realm launch is a huge one.

Actually taking part in a 40 man/woman raid also on the list.

Promoting a profession and secondary skills guild.

Promoting the horde on a PvE realm.

Helping to complete the war effort.

Doing every damn achievement possible.

Just for starters...

Becoming a decent PVP-er was always somewhat alluring. In all honesty I had time to invest in it if I so decided but instead I shied away from it.

During leveling I was always on about how I was just gonna do raids once I reach end-game. Truth be told I simply aimed for PVE because I didn't have the guts to show my face in Battlegrounds due to my lack of skill. I never truly was interested in PVE nor was I really anymore qualified for raids than BGs. I guess I just thought that learning how to do raids would be easier. I was likely very wrong.

So whatever the exact reason, I always shied away from PVP even though I was quite interested in it.

"durr hurr vanilla pvp takes no skill. try doing mythic battlegrounds in retail then talk noob xddd". Just in case you were already typing that in. I've considered that and I don't really care. Vanilla PVP is challenging enough for me.

So yeah. Do I still think I'd have an easier time raiding than I would PVP-ing? No. Do I think PVP-ing would be easier? No. Do I think I'm f*cked no matter which path I choose due to my generally lacking performance in this game? Absolutely. Do I dream of that sweet rank 14 set? Yes. Should I? No. It's quite a stretch considering my capabilities. The whole thing is.

So I'm just gonna go with PVP this time and see where that goes. To hell with it. If it's a dead end either way I might as well charge into the wall with the nicer color.

There are other things that I'd like to acquire the bragging rights for, but that's the biggest thing on the list.

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

no matter how much I begged, I wasn't allowed to play a

...game that requires payment each month that you could buy a whole older game for :P.

1 minute ago, VeloxBanks said:

"durr hurr vanilla pvp takes no skill.

PvP in general takes a lot of skill. I never quite could learn the mastery of jumping around your opponent in a circle.

In vanilla, I would like to get my hands on chest, head and shoulders of Faith (priest T3). It's the most gorgeous looking set, and even though loot is the thing I generally care the least about, it's the first thing that came to mind. I remember being sort of happy that it came out again as a recolour in WotLK, but damn, when I got it it was so not satisfying. The turquoise colour is what makes it so beautiful. It's like a natural progression from the Transcendence set, which I also love. Also, experiencing more of Naxxramas in general.

I would also like to complete the AQ quest chain. I got quite far more or less on my own and with the help of a few close friends, but when it came to killing world dragons with an entire raid, the guild bailed on me. The gates were already opened, ofc, and I was doing it for fun. I would love to be a part of the chain again, whether I'm doing it myself or helping someone else.

In TBC, I did pretty much everything. The only thing I didn't really do was all of Sunwell pre-nerf. We killed Brutallus pre-nerf, and I'm happy with that. Pre-nerf M'uru, maybe, but I'll never have the time (or the skill?) to play that much, or at that level, heh.

In WotLK... Meeh. Do whatever possible to stop the ToC patch from being released, I guess :P

Edited by Yavannie
Herp derp grammar

Just now, Xaverius said:

PvP in general takes a lot of skill. I never quite could learn the mastery of jumping around your opponent in a circle.

That's pretty much the only thing I can do. So yay.

In any case, I'm running the logic that if there are best and worst PVP-ers it takes some very small amount of skill (at least) that some have and others don't. That there's enough for me.

2 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

if there are best and worst PVP-ers it takes some very small amount of skill (at least) that some have and others don't. That there's enough for me.

That's basically me in online shooters. Well, TF2 and Paladins. The rest that I'm interested in is not free. I don't have money, only referral links for Paladins :v.

@VeloxBanks - it takes guts to admit you find PvP challenging. I'm much of the same mind. I've always played a healer, so 1v1 I've been pretty useless. Probably also because I suck at PvPing? I get very nervous when flagged, and I don't enjoying playing on PvP servers at all. In battlegrounds, I'm better off if I'm able to stay out of the fray and heal from the back row. I'm on point with dispels and stuff, so I feel useful there. I did play in an arena team at one point, and we did okay, but I always felt very insecure. It's not something I'll actively pursue again, I don't think.

13 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

...game that requires payment each month that you could buy a whole older game for :P.

My parents were already paying for 3 accounts so money wasn't the issue. They just took the age ratings very seriously. :P

22 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

My parents were already paying for 3 accounts so money wasn't the issue. They just took the age ratings very seriously. :P

It was exactly the other way around for me. I was playing Vietcong one day when I was like 11, and since it's a Czech game, it had Czech voices and therefore all the pretty juicy swearwords were also in Czech. The only reaction my dad had was that I should turn the sound down.

25 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

My parents did that same thing, my older brothers played when it released (13 and 12), I had to wait a year before I was actually allowed to play.  Oh the struggle.

4 minutes ago, Kelila said:

I had to wait a year before I was actually allowed to play.  Oh the struggle.

I had to wait until we had internet. Which was 2009 and I was the one to get it :D. We kinda started playing TBC during the summer, and I tell you, when you're a 14 year old addicted to wow that you just started playing, you don't have internet, and have to go to your classmates to play, the days you can't are REALLY boring :D.

On the bright side, I got to bike in the early morning / deep night every two days or so, depending on the classmate I visited, since each was available at different hours :D.

Edited by Xaverius

5 minutes ago, Yavannie said:

@VeloxBanks - it takes guts to admit you find PvP challenging. I'm much of the same mind. I've always played a healer, so 1v1 I've been pretty useless. Probably also because I suck at PvPing? I get very nervous when flagged, and I don't enjoying playing on PvP servers at all. In battlegrounds, I'm better off if I'm able to stay out of the fray and heal from the back row. I'm on point with dispels and stuff, so I feel useful there. I did play in an arena team at one point, and we did okay, but I always felt very insecure. It's not something I'll actively pursue again, I don't think.

It's always been a bit funny to me how many people say PVP takes no skill at all while still admitting that some players are better than others. Goes for pretty much all of WoW, not just PVP.

People need to understand that just because they're good at something doesn't mean everyone is. Not to mention the many variables that come into play. How long has person A been playing the game compared to person B? Does person A have some very slight, still unnoticeable yet still performance affecting defects (does that wording even work?) in their fingers that person B doesn't? How many hours of sleep did person A get compared to person B before their duel? How focused is person A in relation to that compared to person B?

I could go on but we all get the point.

TL;DR: pvp takes some skill ok?

Vanilla: Kill C'thun.  My guild killed Twin Emps, and only made a handful of C'thun attempts.  I'm somewhat interested in Naxx, but since I saw it all during WotLK it's not that fresh, mostly just for waving the e-peen around.

TBC: RAID ALL THE THINGS!  Seriously, my guild in TBC kinda blew and I missed pretty much everything except Karazhan and the first few bosses of SSC/TK + Gruul/Mag.

WotLK: Ulduar hard modes and kill the Lich King.  Also, try out death knight tanking more seriously.

Cata+: Anything and everything.  I never played retail past Ulduar, so anything here will be new.  If CF gets this far I'm down.  Even if they stay strictly Blizzlike, I think CF will be better than retail since the community is much smaller and things like LFR/dungeon finder won't have total strangers.

I never got to play my hunter at level 60 in vanilla. I hit 60 right as TBC was launching and I want to acquire the epic bow and stave from the Hunter questline.

6 minutes ago, ScubaV said:

Vanilla: Kill C'thun.  My guild killed Twin Emps, and only made a handful of C'thun attempts.  I'm somewhat interested in Naxx, but since I saw it all during WotLK it's not that fresh, mostly just for waving the e-peen around.

TBC: RAID ALL THE THINGS!  Seriously, my guild in TBC kinda blew and I missed pretty much everything except Karazhan and the first few bosses of SSC/TK + Gruul/Mag.

WotLK: Ulduar hard modes and kill the Lich King.  Also, try out death knight tanking more seriously.

Cata+: Anything and everything.  I never played retail past Ulduar, so anything here will be new.  If CF gets this far I'm down.  Even if they stay strictly Blizzlike, I think CF will be better than retail since the community is much smaller and things like LFR/dungeon finder won't have total strangers.

Vanilla Naxx is nothing like WOTLK Naxx though. My guild cleared 10 man in a single day and 25 man after a week. 

4 minutes ago, MadeByRockets said:

Vanilla Naxx is nothing like WOTLK Naxx though. My guild cleared 10 man in a single day and 25 man after a week. 

Oh I'm sure.  It's just that the content itself is not new to me.  If I can clear vanilla Naxx it's for waving the e-peen.  Also, it means I'm in a good guild that is capable of clearing difficult stuff in TBC and WotLK.  Although I'm sure there will be plenty of butthurt for everyone as the PTE goes from 40 man raids to 25 and people get cut from the A team.  Sadly that will probably include me.  I think I'm good enough, but I doubt I can afford the time for farming/long hours of progression attempts.  But as long as I can clear the content when it's current I'm not as concerned about server firsts.

2 hours ago, ilovecats said:

@Outstanding Flouncing is an odd word and I had to google it. Why flouncing?

59 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

Well, when I want to leave I just leave. And I don't think I have enough recognition in the community so my actions mean something to the others.

Edited by ilovecats
comma