Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AzAMOuS

Asura crucified by Alexensual's cronies.

87 posts in this topic

I feel that Alex should be banned before even playing, as soon as he makes his account ban it. All he does is destroy private servers. If enough servers do this we can get rid of "the face of legacy".

6 minutes ago, Elicas said:

I'm going to break my word to Asura in regards to NDA in a minor capacity

Reported

I love that the Dev Team get involved chatting and discussing everything with us mere peons but I'm right behind everyone saying that Discord and Reddit have got to go. Too much personal involvement alongside a certain individual's thoughtless actions and selfish motivations have culminated in this. It's a sad day when possibly one of the highest potential projects in the scene comes close to shutting down because of personal attacks...

To the Devs; I can't possibly word it better than some of the others but I hope you guys can take a hiatus if necessary, let the shitstorm die down and continue development as low-key as possible, with the continued philosophy of "It's ready when it's ready".

To quote:

1 hour ago, Outstanding said:

we've got your back.

Cheers.

Outstanding always seems to put things in perspective.

As most of us have no direct involvement with the project besides browsing the forums it is easy for anyone of us to tell him to continue; however, the sheer amount of responses here shows that we as a community will defend Asura and the other developers regardless of the miasma of negative thoughts being projected on the Pserver community. As others have said above me, distance yourself from the project for a couple days and then come back with a fresh/clear mind. I wouldn't even announce on the forums that you're returning to development until you feel an update is warranted. Get rid of any social media-esque type forums and limit communication to the bare necessities. Those who want CF to happen will back the choice(s) you make, and will stick with you (Asura et al) until the end.

I end this by saying: "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been"  - I have my Violet Proto Drake and will continue to stay on this "Strange Trip" until the end.

Regards and best wishes,

Statin

I haven't been active in a while on the forums but had to come back after the shitstorm just to add my name to the people that support you, whatever decision you end up taking about CF.

When it rains it pours...

1bqTkQX.png

This endless drama the last couple of days is just unbearable. All I ever wanted in this community since Emerald Dream is a project where 1) the develoopers/administrators can talk about what's going on in the project whilst taking input from the community, 2) that the core and the scripting are replicating the experience as close as can be and 3) a friendly community who knows how to both throw and take a joke. Times like these are just riddled with pure disbelief about how plausible anything of the above is long term. Fuck, I hope ya'll are doing alright and in the end can identify just how small part of the community stand behind bullshit like this. For now though, please take all the time you need - we'll be here if you (ever) decide to continue in the future.

fvAqrO9.gif

Edited by Soyoen
Swedish grammar.

I'll follow El's advice and chill as best I can for now. I will admit that the higher than usual possibilty of the project dying is, needless to say, extremely troubling. Still gonna try to keep it chill. Deep breaths, Velox. Deep breaths.

There'll be more to say once/if the team posts about their next move. As always I hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Because I selfishly still want a PTE vanilla server, void of Bots and scammers, I say the CF dev's should build a wall. No more talking to anyone. No more listening either. Get your beta testers, fire those who talk. Build your vision. Release it, pub or no. 

If we like it, tell us thankyou (and show us where to donate). If you don't like it, there's plenty of others  to play on. 

Thanks for the effort, the work, the attempt. Thankyou to this forum for the laughs and information. 

I'll continue to lurk here daily, but something tells me i'll be reading winds of winter b4 i'm playing quality vanilla. 

Chiming in to let you @Asura know that you have another player who has your back and supports you no matter what. 

830f4bd79e55c8c3b3bf067a1955339d.jpg

As a rule I never swear or insult anyone online but this morning I'm being tested...

r/wowservers and discord chat should be burned to the ground and then sowed with salt as far as I'm concerned. Nothing good has come from those places for a long time now.

Real life should always come first and if you guys decide to pull out, I'll respect that, no matter how disappointing it would be. Having said that, Outstanding is right in that quitting now would mean that the drama mongrels and trolls would win and it would be a huge shame that a project that you've worked on for so long would go to waste because of a few loud individuals with nothing better to do with their lives. Still, I'll support you guys no matter what decision you come to. Make the project for friends and family only if nothing else, even if that excludes us forum junkies too. :)

Maybe making the project inv only is one way to control it better, less people more interested rather than a lot of people with people doxxing, bashing and trolling around.

Definitely Discord was not the way to communicate with the users, listening to /r/wowservers was not the correct way to listen to the users interested in see this project succeed (rather listening people interested in see the project fail); besides /r/wowservers moderation has been always kind of broken. Don't try to listen to all the legacy community, too much noise in there, focus on your project and the people that really cared from the beginning. You always told that you prefer playing with 40 people and having good wives with all rather than having in the server 10k people and no control whatsoever in the ambient of your community.

7 hours ago, Kelila said:

It is not over. From the discord voice chat there were some updates from Asura (not sure if you were there for it). The discord will be removed from public access in the next few days (it will just be for development).  Asura is taking a week off and removing himself from the public eye.  Most communication will be through the forums and they are going to get more moderators to keep a closer eye of what content comes through here (so it doesn't turn into the drama of the discord).

Up to this point i had the feeling, that most of the "bad stuff" in the forums was handled by the players themselves - this is in my opinion the best way, if it works, because it shows a certain moral code inside the community itself everyone has to accept. It has a far greater impact than strict moderation-rules and actions, because the second mentioned can be displayed as "the big bosses censoring the real talk". I would give this a chance before taking more fierce measures regarding the forums. Maybe this spirit is still intact here and can keep the toxic talk at bay.

I also wish the team all the best for the things to come :).

Greetings

Ok dudes :) I do not know him. I have not read any of his post. Who is this Alexensual?xD  

8 hours ago, Bluemoon said:

RDeported

FTFY.

EDIT: We should build a wall around Elicas and make him pay for it.

Edited by Xaverius

Shit, you know you follow a Vanilla WoW server when you wake up to things like this.

If you think I'll let you close this project because of some -individual-, you are very, VERY wrong! I WILL FIND YOU.

@Xaverius You bloody bet I will!

On another note, I would legitimately use the staff personal info to send them a chocolate or ten.

1 hour ago, Xaverius said:

Holy fuck, that's terrible.

Why would you ever use the white background.

I've grown fond of it as I'm using discord through browser.

17 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Just know, everyone..    someone is fighting the good fight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysiumProject/comments/5vvyc4/so_is_this_what_its_come_down_to_now_shenna_dox/

I'm not sure where all this is going - but people forget one thing.   If Elysium close down now, we've lost more than we've gained.   The community will scatter and break.

Crestfall is where I want to be - so I seriously hope @Asura will continue this project.    But there might need to be some sort of validation on what is allowed on the boards.

Personally, I fear that if Elysium disappears, the Crestfall boards will be the next instance, where 'shit' will take place.

You're being serious with "fighting the good fight" here?

I hope not - this post in reddit is disgusting... It breathes the very reason why staff-members of this project getting a negative view on parts of the community. It is full of threats, groundless accusations (at least it gives no explanation whatsoever for the accusations) and shit in general. Besides that the person behind shows some indication of a God-Complex... being inebriated by the postulated "truth". It's not even mainly about the content that is postulated (besides the normative stuff about what Shenna should do ...), on which i cannot say if there might be some truth behind or not, but mainly the attitude.

I hope the community here will keep exactly such toxic stuff at bay...

Greetings

Edited by Polyphem

3 minutes ago, Polyphem said:

You're being serious with "fighting the good fight" here?

I hope not - this post in reddit is disgusting... It breathes the very reason why staff-members of this project getting a negative view on parts of the community. It is full of threats, groundless accusations (at least it gives no explanation whatsoever for the accusations) and shit in general. Besides that the person behind shows some indication of a God-Complex... being inebriated by the postulated "truth".

I hope the community here will keep exactly such toxic stuff at bay...

Greetings

Must admit - I look at it a bit different.

The way I see it, the person here, is giving back, what was played.   Putting it out there, for everyone to see, exactly how this game is played.   On BOTH sides.

Edited by Anonymous

Just wan't to say to @Asura and @Darkrasp and the other devs i do understand have you feel getting targeted personal. I been there in my work and its terrible. I how ever do hope you find the dedication and will to keep on working. Don't let the haters win. I understand it can be to much and i will (i know my view dont mather) respect your decision even if i be sad if its a "quit" one. 

The thing you should need to know is that the majority of people on the forums and your fanbase are dedicated and positive. Its a smal loud atentionseeking minority that are behaving like this. 

Much love to you guys. 

No Pasaran

@Outstanding's post says it all. Good to see him post some calming into all the worried minds here and get them back on course, including myself i have to admit. When i first read this i was like "wtf is going on here?".

We as Crestfall's community need to try and keep this forum as clean as possibly. There is no use in listening to all the trolls who are on a crusade because of selfish reasons. This especially applies to all the staff of Crestfall. There are so many people supporting this project and don't give a damn about all the shitposting, you need to see that @Asura, @Crogge, @Darkrasp and co and take it in consideration. On the other hand i can only guess how much faith you guys must have lost during all those stupid accusations and personal insults. They are there and there will possibly be more in the future no matter if you read them or not and i would fully understand and respect it if you would quit your work here after all of this, even if it would be a huge disappointment.

Take a break and get some distance to all of this. Reconsider if and how you want to carry on with emulation, knowing that a huge junk of people will support you and wish you all the best.

Sometimes i can't help but wonder what would have happened if Alexensual had gotten his wish to transfer old charakters to crestfall. For me (although i'm relatively uninformed) it feels like he's doing this because his wish was denied...

2 hours ago, Xaverius said:

EDIT: We should build a wall around Elicas and make him pay for it.

If D. Trump jokes ever will get old? xD