Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AzAMOuS

Asura crucified by Alexensual's cronies.

87 posts in this topic

Take time off if needed, regroup - come back stronger.

59 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Must admit - I look at it a bit different.

The way I see it, the person here, is giving back, what was played.   Putting it out there, for everyone to see, exactly how this game is played.   On BOTH sides.

So fighting fire with fire? I don't think this is a good idea. Also in the post you linked there are threats with measures, that the team didn't do ... with your statement here you oversimplify and maybe straight-out implicitly acknowledge the charges of this post against the Elysium-team as being the truth... this is dangerous. This argumentation is the very reason why a project and a community fails.

And actually it isn't a game if you threaten someone in real-life... it's disgusting and should not be tolerated. 

Besides, it's not the place here to post stuff like that, i thought the main theme here is the Crestfall-Team and their situation right now... i have the feeling to unjustly dilute this central part of the topic :/.

Edited by Polyphem

Seeing as my post, wasn't what I intended - I decided to remove it.

I am sorry - I meant no harm.

There is still a trace of it, in Polyphem's quote - I sadly can not remove this.

I apologize.

Edited by Anonymous

Its not like they can do anything to you Asure,they are pathetic losers in real life.Look what happened with Poodlecorps,they thought they are cool and everything,but the police catched them,now they are busy with that soap.Tbh after all that,i dont think its worth to continue it,most of the legacy people are terrible keyboardwarriors,they dont deserve Crestfall,they deserve a good beating,but they got that already at school,thats why they are such pussies to threaten someone,who doing somethign great for them for free.And that Alex guy will have bad days coming for him,eventually they will turn against that bastard,and then he will suffer.

1 hour ago, Anonymous said:

Seeing as my post, wasn't what I intended - I decided to remove it.

I am sorry - I meant no harm.

There is still a trace of it, in Polyphem's quote - I sadly can not remove this.

I apologize.

I understand. 

I think we as a community should give positive feedback too the devs. And let them solve it. I think we lowering us to the idiots lvl we only make it worse. 

Anyone that's ever been in any kind of organization from the workplace to even something relatively silly as a guild knows the absolutely disproportionate effect even 1-2 drama queens can have in a large group of people.

The overwhelming majority of the community is decent, they just want to play and have some fun.

That still amounts to nothing if you don't take active measures to shrink the social space those few have to operate to a minimum and have a set of rules and a set of reactions you can leverage to warn, isolate and eventually expunge before they can poison the well.

Do not expect the community to police itself, this will never happen. The majority will always take the path of least resistance. If you don't define appropriate resistances to unwanted / detrimental behavior, the community will happily / unwittingly walk down the path that destroys it, as long as each step is the short-term beneficial / easiest.

The game we all like provides ample proof of that in itself; when the design principles changed the community ethos changed with it and ultimately dissolved.

Edited by Roadblock

As I see it there's a lot of love on this forum; for the game, the CF project and the people behind it.

If the original idea was to produce the best possible emulation for those who would appreciate it, then that aim is still a valid one. Player numbers were never a priority, only a quality server where like minded people could enjoy the experience within a respectful community.

If the team needs time to chill I totally understand; but I hope they can see that their work is appreciated by the vast majority of us.

In the end it is your choice Asura, best wishes.

First off, I'll sign my name under the entirety of @Outstanding's comment, with exception to this:

20 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Trust us and involve us more, we've got your back.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT trust that Avila gal. I hear she's a dude in real life, and not even a real priest.

I'd taken a back seat for the past few months due to RL trumping the waiting game for CF. I'd noted the LGN with a "Meh, I'm committed CF. Whatever. Back to monkeying code.", and not having it really does not bother me. I'm a Crestfallen; for me, it's CF or bust.

I also stopped reading r/wowservers, because that place is full of shitstirrers and dramaphages; If there isn't someone burned at the stake, they're not entertained. As someone who was read by a fair amount of people (and all that entails), I completely understand that the staff must be exhausted from all the shit-shoveling by now. As a wise person once said: Cleaning up shit takes ten times the effort of producing it.

My personal hope is that they take time off, let the drama tire itself out and then set to making CF again - I am selfish, I would like a nice server to play on. But if they want to throw the towel, I can hardly blame them. The effort they put in would benefit the very people who are now gleefully wallowing in that drama, and as pointed out: A not insignificant portion of the private server community is not healthy to be or keep around.

On that note: I do not think it's healthy for devs to directly communicate with everyone who wants to talk to them. Player interaction is important, but as witnessed, a lot of people are just waiting to fetch the popcorn.

edit: And on the subject of wanting a good server: I don't know if applications for Beta stuff are still open, but if you need another pair of eyes, I'm offering. I'd not had time during the last few months, but a modicum amount of time can be freed.

Edited by Avila

22 minutes ago, Avila said:

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT trust that Avila gal. I hear she's a dude in real life, and not even a real priest.

So, whats next? U are not undead maybe?

4 minutes ago, Sallerius said:

So, whats next? U are not undead maybe?

Would you trust my answer either way? :-D

Just ban Alexensual from this server. poof problem solved

16 minutes ago, Nostrils said:

I'd say that would only give us, the player base, the satisfaction of knowing we won't have to listen to his whiny bullshit in-game. 

However, it doesn't stop him or the awful info suppliers from making the devs' lives a living hell. :( 

5 minutes ago, cell007 said:

I'd say that would only give us, the player base, the satisfaction of knowing we won't have to listen to his whiny bullshit in-game. 

However, it doesn't stop him or the awful info suppliers from making the devs' lives a living hell. :( 

Yeah well if we ban him his idiot fans will prolly not play here too cuz they are ironically sheep themselves whilst calling others sheep

This is getting ridiculous.

In all honesty, I joined his bandwagon a while ago. Months before Blizzcon because I truly believed in the cause that Legacy should be given the chance to be tinkered and launched to the market again by Blizzard. But now, it seems fame took the most of him. Its not about the cause, or Elysium, or Nost, is about causing more drama for the views. He is taking advantage of the opportunity.

Typical sellout.

He already made his point. You don´t need to continue causing more problems in an already fragile community. He is slowly dividing the community and getting it all back to stage one.

Its just pathetic and the ones that aid him in this, pardon the term, are just pathetic edge-lords that prefer to chaos over progression.

13 hours ago, Nostrils said:

Don't ban my free honorfarm.

i cannot for the life of me understand why anyone, being of sound mind and body(relatively speaking) who is FOR emulation, would want to sabotage crestfall in any way??? 

this is the most promising server that has ever been in development, the dev team has practiced great transparency with the community all along, interacting, give and take sort of thing. they have been giving us what we have been clamoring for ever since feenix, and they designed it from the ground up with a fresh core to blow the old ones out of the water. they even went so far as to UNITE as many major server communities as they can to try to make it one big centralized server so the population isnt split and we can have it as close to a retail experience as possible, and heres the kicker, when they found blatant corruption, they BACKED OUT! showing an obvious dedication to REAL QUALITY EMULATION SERVERS, rather than shortcuts and under the table deals. 

the crestfall dev team have been the white knights of this private server scene ever since they started, they are the last sliver of hope for wow emulation, if this project gets scrapped because of this stupid ass drama, i dont know if the PS scene can recover, its a point of no return for the community to take it upon themselves to sabotage the best project out there because some fuckface streamer told them to. it shows that fanboys of one server or another know no bounds and nobody can now develop a server with peace of mind. 

seriously, why would they do this? why would alexensual promote this? it makes no sense whatsoever. 

@Asura i got your back 100% and hope you can shove this drama right up their dirty little shitters.

I think talking about it only makes it worse. Just move on, don't feed the troggs.

21 hours ago, Nostrils said:

Maybe in the long term it might help, because it will prevent him from going on another tangent, but it isn't the right thing to do.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

On 24.2.2017 at 8:47 PM, Sallerius said:

Ahaha, u r undead, but a rogue one!

I can not not say that this might be incorrect. Or not. Look, over there! *sprinkles powder in the air and makes a run*

6 hours ago, Avila said:

I can not not say that this might be incorrect. Or not. Look, over there! *sprinkles powder in the air and makes a run*

May I suggest the use of the ever useful pocket sand?

On 24/02/2017 at 11:58 PM, cell007 said:

Thats why you fight fire with fire, you attack us ? Welcome to the banlist, show respect to the creators of this project or go elsewhere.It is efficient strategy.

Edited by dailybs

So sorry to hear about this. The CF community have your backs devs :*