Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chickengrease

Community Discord

f7b0ee3794.png 

UPDATE 21/3: 

Obviously Discord has its flaws as it relates to official projects but it also provides a good gathering ground for people interested in the same thing. With CF discord being closed, the community discord is now where to cool kids hang. At least we think we are cool. Think of it as a mere complement to the forums. Also, we just recently got promoted from being an unofficial project to semi-official, rejoice! We have several community managers present now to answer Crestfall-related questions and keep you company on those lonely Crestfall-less nights.. Hence community and development is officially divided through Discord and we truck along with this semi-official status for the time being. My personal guess is supplying an official Discord server is something that will be brought up again, likely in open beta or after server release but that's just my speculation. 

Whether you're a forum regular or lurker and not on Discord, don't hesitate to join us to get some of that daily Crestfall community dosage! 

Link to join: https://discord.gg/xwVJkGS

Edited by Chickengrease

Count me in, I want to become more active in this community. Key people are banned and things are looking up!

If it's going to be like the #offtopic cesspool of the CF discord, no ty. That channel has been literally worse than Barrens chat.

Moderation can be pretty great, honestly.

I believe the lack of dev presence and officiality (is that a word?) is deterrence enough for randos who would want nothing other than attention. There's a lot less fun to be had in shitposting when you know you're not annoying anyone important. I imagine that people who are off that deep end anyway would be dealt with since... they probably have no legitimate interest in or are a member of Crestfall/the forums? Keeping the link contained to the forums helps with this too.

Anywho, I support it. Sounds like a cool place to make friends before launch!

Edited by Boulda

A community run discord....GET HYPED!!!

Thanks ChickenGrease

3 hours ago, myrnym said:

If it's going to be like the #offtopic cesspool of the CF discord, no ty. That channel has been literally worse than Barrens chat.

Moderation can be pretty great, honestly.

I believe (read: hope) the case to be more as @Boulda says. Thing is that moderation can open up to another whole host of problems. Who gets to be a moderator? "Power"-abusing will also become something either real or perceived by others. 

But we do have some measures in place. Images and videos are disabled in the public chat but allowed in off topic which goes a long way I think. Also just to keep it from potentially going to utter destruction I will ban excessively inapposite behavior, so that it isn't a complete haven for shitposters. But yeah, I'm not on all the time nor do I wish to police a Discord or have 3-5 moderators.

The only thing I can think of re: moderators that could be cool is if we held a poll on the forums where the top 3 members receive moderation privileges or something like that. It is a discord by and for the community after all.

3 minutes ago, Chickengrease said:

I believe (read: hope) the case to be more as @Boulda says. Thing is that moderation can open up to another whole host of problems. Who gets to be a moderator? "Power"-abusing will also become something either real or perceived by others. 

But we do have some measures in place. Images and videos are disabled in the public chat but allowed in off topic which goes a long way I think. Also just to keep it from potentially going to utter destruction I will ban excessively inapposite behavior, so that it isn't a complete haven for shitposters. But yeah, I'm not on all the time nor do I wish to police a Discord or have 3-5 moderators.

The only thing I can think of re: moderators that could be cool is if we held a poll on the forums where the top 3 members receive moderation privileges or something like that. It is a discord by and for the community after all.

Hope it works out for you.

There's just no reason to underestimate the shitposting of people in the broader pserver community, especially with Alex and his ilk pushing Asura and Darkrasp to the brink (and perhaps further, as we've yet to fully see).

Why is the official CF discord coming to an end?

Edit: A lot can happen in 12 hours...Looks like Asura and Darkrasp are both having second thoughts on continuing with the CF project due to personal attacks and their real world info being known and wish to distance themselves from the community.

To the CF team: you have my support. Please ensure your decision is what is best for you. Never mind the project and the revolving community around it. Please look after yourselves first and foremost. 

Edited by Struckd

1 hour ago, Struckd said:

Why is the official CF discord coming to an end?

Edit: A lot can happen in 12 hours...Looks like Asura and Darkrasp are both having second thoughts on continuing with the CF project due to personal attacks and their real world info being known and wish to distance themselves from the community.

To the CF team: you have my support. Please ensure your decision is what is best for you. Never mind the project and the revolving community around it. Please look after yourselves first and foremost. 

Asura has stated that he isn't going to let a certain youtuber bring this down and that he will continue with the project.

Posted (edited)

Now that the official CF discord (REST IN POWER :feelsbadman:) has been purged, I'm bumping this thread. Come join us for discussions ranging from anything to anything, with chill people (mostly) and some dank memes to boot. 

EDIT: Also a reminder to join the LC discord if you haven't yet! 

Edited by Chickengrease

8 hours ago, Chickengrease said:

Now that the official CF discord (REST IN POWER :feelsbadman:) has been purged, I'm bumping this thread. Come join us for discussions ranging from anything to anything, with chill people (mostly) and some dank memes to boot. 

EDIT: Also a reminder to join the LC discord if you haven't yet! 

Are we going to talk D'Angelo and Prince? I might be tempted to join...

B

3 hours ago, Ugondiss said:

Are we going to talk D'Angelo and Prince? I might be tempted to join...

B

There is a #music channel :>