Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hettar987

A lighter note

26 posts in this topic

Amidst all the drama that is occurring, let's try something else. I've stumbled upon a website showcasing screenshots of the alpha (some I hadn't seen before). It's pretty old content, but reminded me of the old days, when I hunted the Beta forums for any information about the game I couldn't yet play :)

http://nogg-aholic.blogspot.fr/2006/02/why-wow-is-bad-game-reason-8.html

Enjoy !

I've seen a video of some alpha stuff and damn, I'm straight but I'd totally hit on the original troll females.

I'm obviously joking, that stuff's traumatising.

Inside of Karazhan, the tower of Medivh, will be released in the expansion The Burning Crusade. Although this actually new content that seems to have gone through alot of work and it's looking really interesting, it requires people to buy a expansion to be able to access this content which I find unreasonalbe.

They have already been paying a monthly fee and they've already bought a version of the game from the store, so why do they need to pay yet again for new content?

ho ho ho if only he had known what was coming.

7 minutes ago, Planks said:

Haha, my thoughts exactly when I read that!

1 hour ago, Planks said:

It all seems so naive and silly now that we can look at it eleven years later. Hell, ever tried reading the original strategy guide?
https://ia600204.us.archive.org/35/items/World_of_Warcraft_World_of_Warcraft_BradyGames_Official_Strategy_Guide/World_of_Warcraft_World_of_Warcraft_BradyGames_Official_Strategy_Guide.pdf

Pay attention to the passages about player interaction.

Also from the OP:
" Player housing was tested during the alpha of World of Warcraft. It has since then been abandoned and will most likely never be touched again. "

I wish this one came true though.
*Garrison PTSD*

EDIT: Also let me say, that ever since I saw the alpha version of Ironforge, many, many years ago, I sort of prefer it over the one today. Though the Great Forge area is probably better in the final version.

Edited by Xaverius

""The Emerald Dream is shaping up to be extremely cool. We don't want to preview any of that content yet as it is *endgame* and we want some surprises for players.

The zone is massive and beautiful. And once the content team is done with it, it will be exceedingly challenging >=]

Actually, we have some pretty cool stuff planned for druids. They will definitely have a link to the Emerald Dream. There's also a zone on the way to the peak of Mount Hyjal called Moonglade that will be very core to druid characters. Our *master of Warcraft lore*, Chris Metzen, is never short on ideas when it comes to the druid class. I was running around the Emerald Dream last Thursday... you guys are in for a treat. The level designers are doing a killer job."

-Jeff Kaplan, December 06 2003

"

RIP forever.

If you want to actually explore the alpha: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-emulator-servers/wow-emu-general-releases/328101-world-of-warcraft-classic-alpha-client-2003-a.html

Go take a look at Ironforge <3 (I really, really hate Blizzard for the change to Ironforge! It was so amazing in the alpha!)

PS: I cannot assure 100% that this download is safe and stuff, but I did not have any problems afterwards :)

4 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

""The Emerald Dream is shaping up to be extremely cool. We don't want to preview any of that content yet as it is *endgame* and we want some surprises for players.

The zone is massive and beautiful. And once the content team is done with it, it will be exceedingly challenging >=]

Actually, we have some pretty cool stuff planned for druids. They will definitely have a link to the Emerald Dream. There's also a zone on the way to the peak of Mount Hyjal called Moonglade that will be very core to druid characters. Our *master of Warcraft lore*, Chris Metzen, is never short on ideas when it comes to the druid class. I was running around the Emerald Dream last Thursday... you guys are in for a treat. The level designers are doing a killer job."

-Jeff Kaplan, December 06 2003

"

RIP forever.

Damn, 2003.

Just out of curiosity, was anyone else here a part a noggaholic?

The only name I remember was Gnauren(?) Who used to hand out the PGP keys for the information.

1 hour ago, Swisscheese said:

Just out of curiosity, was anyone else here a part a noggaholic?

The only name I remember was Gnauren(?) Who used to hand out the PGP keys for the information.

Not a part of, but fan of. Dopefish and Forg inspired me to try out exploration. I watched their movies and tried stuff myself, and even though I never did half the things they did, I'm happy I got to experience some of it before it was all nerfed!

Just look at this magnificent beast of a WoW movie <3 

Never knew about that Alpha battleground named Kalindor, looks really cool

Well, I found this there :o

CF.png

Edited by Clavus

13 hours ago, Yavannie said:

Just look at this magnificent beast of a WoW movie <3 

"dont ever let the wall walkers fall"

To this day i thought old ironforge was added in cata.Its been there whole time...and those dragon statues??Azshara?

Edit-

Couldnt resist, comment from video uploader:

"Not only that, but games these days are trying to streamline their experiences so much so they dont even allow the player to be lost for five seconds. You never get the chance to wonder whats around the next corner, so all sense of mystery or exploration is lost"

Gospel of Dopefish, begining of 3rd millennium.

Edited by Sallerius
edit

@Clavus I thought it's just a random name, but those clever buggers took it from here, interesting.

Crestfall is one of the big cities of Kul'tiras. Kul'tiras has effectively been retconned by Blizzard. Blizzard hates private servers. Private server named Crestfall is the chosen one?

LOOKS LIKE KUL'TIRAS HAS BIT THEM IN THE ASS AGAIN

BASED KUL'TIRAS

JAINA WORST PROUDMOORE

2 minutes ago, BallsMalloney said:

JAINA WORST PROUDMOORE

Isn't she a dreadlord? How do female Nathrezim look like? Do they even exist?

1 hour ago, Sallerius said:

"dont ever let the wall walkers fall"

To this day i thought old ironforge was added in cata.Its been there whole time...and those dragon statues??Azshara?

If we ever play on the same vanilla server I'll show you how to get into old IF :D The dragon statues are in Azshara Crater, a battleground that was never released.

1 hour ago, ilovecats said:

How do female Nathrezim look like? Do they even exist?

nezzie.png

Her name is Nezzie and she's a beautiful...woman. #ProtectNezzie2017

Just now, cell007 said:

nezzie.png

I feel... violated.

Just now, ilovecats said:

I feel... violated.

but do you feel as violated as Nezzie who lives in a 99% male Nathrezim dominated society? 

I didn't think so. 

9 hours ago, cell007 said:

I believe this was the 1st step in creating dreadlord paladin.