Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Crestfall: The Next Stage

149 posts in this topic

So, Crestfall staff with cease from using public discord channels such as wowservers and will go back into the shadows. Sounds like the best idea possible considering what's gone on and the childish behavior that has been shown, people that aren't involved with the project shouldn't have a hand in putting it down, but it almost got that far. I'm glad it's taught everyone a lesson and I'm glad that Crestfall are back to the OG plan. Here's to seeing what the future holds.

Good news. How I wish they would release still Q1 2017. So eager to play.

Just now, Galeidan said:

I'm eager to test and report bugs in order to contribute in creating the most perfect, pristine thing possible. I relate to your eagerness!

Release of 2017 - I'm assuming as the development continues you will have a finer and finer window for the true release so people are not caught off guard.

I myself will be out of country until December weaving a blanket of Freedom for all yee Americans so I'm hoping it's not until then B| After all that would mean a finer product has been released righht?? :D

On a more serious and less selfish note, thank you for the update @Darkrasp it was very enlightening and well written.

Is there a date for the next Q&A for discord yet?

Recoil out.

Pre patch 2.0.1 event!? I'm super excited for this, i had to miss it since I was away when TBC launched. 

Also I'd be willing to donate for a TGC item like the spectral tiger once TBC drops.

I hope the vanilla server won't be abandonded and neglected, I have no interest in TBC myself, just a quality vanilla experience.

Thank you @Darkrasp and all of the CF staff.

I really hated all of the toxicity that was floating around the past few weeks, and though I was definitely a proponent of LGN, I am absolutely ecstatic to hear that CF will continue as planned. I applaud the risk and trust that was put forth to try and make LGN a reality, and it is an absolute shame that things unfolded the way they did. I am glad that the focus will move solely to the community on the forums since I wasn't involved in Discord or reddit at all except for trying to figure what exactly was happening over the past week or so.

I believe that we will be a stronger community going forward having gone through this rough patch, and I hope that the CF staff know that we as a community are for them.

This post answers a lot of questions and renews plenty of faith for me personally. Thank you! I think the decisions re: what communications channels you use is spot on. The fewer channels you use to communicate with users, the better the communication will be. As it was, some things were said in one place, others in another. It was hard to get the complete picture, and it was evidently also hard to keep properly moderated once the project found itself in the spotlight. Forums forces members to read through threads, and put a little more thought into posts and replies, too. Posts stick around for posterity, and can be moderated whenever. It's a community which everyone can follow, at their own leisure; to me, it's ideal. 

Again, thank you for doing the right thing, in many different respects.

40 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

The emphasis now on communication is through the forums, where the real community has always resided.

The thing about communicating on media that aren't core to a project will always be that they're full of people who are only tangentially interested in your work, and often prefer juicy interpersonal drama (and those catering to it) to action reports. Especially for someone directly working on a project, this can swiftly tumble into a demotivational spiral, as witnessed in the last weeks.

If I've learned anything in my time as a "maker" interacting with my consumers, it really is: Keep your distance. Most dudes are perfectly nice, but owing to sheer numbers and no accountability whatsoever, there's always someone trying to set you on fire.

edit: And as far as doxxing goes: I cannot condemn it strongly enough. Everyone has a right to privacy, and if you compromise that with the intention of harm, you are a scumbag of the lowest order.

Edited by Avila

Godspeed! Wish I could contribute somehow but sadly I have no skills that are of use

31 minutes ago, Galeidan said:

With all this hype going around giving a ETA of '2017' doesn't really narrow it down :/

So happy to hear that you don't give up. Revert back to the purest Crestfall essence is the way to go by now.

Greetings :D

Best update I could have wished for. Thank you for continuing in your efforts!

I´m glad that you pulled out when you did.

I guess it was an experience that had to be learnt the hard way & will hopefully help avoid drama in the future.

Thank you for all you do for us & that you decided not to drop the whole project!

One question concerning the PTE aspect: Once we reach WotLK, will your character (if you kept it all the way from classic) get the achievements associated with it or will you have to repeat them? Its not really very important, but be nice to know.

I'm not a guy with a lot of words,  but I really like where this project is going now. 

The server progression is really nice. It's what I secretly wanted.  

I understand the  decision on the closure of the "social media" platforms. From what I have experienced in the 1.5 year of PS scene, that it contains a lot of toxicity. 

Keep up the great work guys! 

PS: whoohoooooo!! 

1 hour ago, Charax said:

I like how you are handling expansion progression (giving the player the flexibility to move on when the player was ready).  That was my big concern with the LGN concept you had before (forcing a player to go to TBC or be permanently stuck at Vanilla).

So, on that point, big thumbs up from me.

I can second that :). Also i realize, that you already put much thought into this transition-process and that i agree on every tiny bit posted in this announcement. At least team-mentality-wise i am back to being totally hyped for this project :3.

I'm really grateful for this!

[...] Plotting a course between now and launch date can be a gradual curve rather than the peaks and troughs we've had recently. [...]

Yeah, also concerning the growth of the community. I remember what you stated in another topic about guiding new people into the community as a gradual process. I think this is another chance for a "healthy growth" to be realized and supported by the current people and consensus here :).

Greetings

Edited by Polyphem

So happy you guys are moving on with the project as intended in the first place. Definitely +1 for this announcement!

It's basically all i ever wished for a PS. The idea of progressing from expansion to expansion on your own speed is fantastic and i'm really excited about it!

I hope the whole CF-team can take all the time needed to get some distance from all the drama of the past couple of weeks and then continue to make this server happen and the best thing ever. I wish you all the best on that :)

2 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

Son...

Tenacious little buggers, aren't they.

39 minutes ago, TonyRome said:

I´m glad that you pulled out when you did.

I guess it was an experience that had to be learnt the hard way & will hopefully help avoid drama in the future.

Thank you for all you do for us & that you decided not to drop the whole project!

One question concerning the PTE aspect: Once we reach WotLK, will your character (if you kept it all the way from classic) get the achievements associated with it or will you have to repeat them? Its not really very important, but be nice to know.

i beleive Darkrasp said once that they considered having logs of stuff for achivements already from Vanilla, not sure if itäs still considered but hopefully so, it would make the achivement tab that much more usefull :)

Great news!

One thing that came to my mind about the potential merging of Vanilla/old content servers once the fresher stuff is out.. what kind of server will it be? Assuming there only is one failing PVP and one failing PVE realm, which way would the merger go if the cash flow isn't great enough? 

Also, any ETA on the website itself? Especially closer to the release it'll probably be more important for the newcomers than the forums are, more easily available condensed information is useful to the masses. Not to mention that the page that has Crestfall name on it at the moment is a gold-selling website...

Hopefully, the major thing learned from all this is;

Do market research before coming to big decisions. You don't always have to listen to your community, but you should always be aware of what the likely reaction to an announcement is.

If you had asked "Should we share administration and our core with other projects to create a larger network?" about a month ago, the resounding answer would have been "Sure, anyone but Elysium".