Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Crestfall: The Next Stage

148 posts in this topic

Will battlegrounds be linked if you eventually open more than one server?

45 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Hopefully, the major thing learned from all this is;

Do market research before coming to big decisions. You don't always have to listen to your community, but you should always be aware of what the likely reaction to an announcement is.

If you had asked "Should we share administration and our core with other projects to create a larger network?" about a month ago, the resounding answer would have been "Sure, anyone but Elysium".

Even before the drama I believed that elysium did NOT at all deserve the freebie they got. They had 3 chances to make a good server and each opportunity they royally wasted. 

Yeah well this is all interesting and what not, but when is the Gamma test?

will you open a new vanilla server midway into TBC if enough people want it?

personally id rather not roll a new character on a vanilla server that's had naxx open for a year(or at all), even if 3000 others are doing it too

...and on an unrelated note, why is there a share on linkedin button near the bottom of the page?

Edited by Aquane

5 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

We plan to thoroughly (within reason) examine any future additions to the staff to make sure we maintain a good reputation, and our good internal relationship, as we grow.  We also plan to consult with trusted community members before deciding on any major changes or considerations so we can better predict the response and potential pitfalls.

If anybody can pull the legacy movement out of the stinking pit it's in, it's you guys.  Watching you defend yourselves against the shitstorms of the past few week convinced me completely of this. 

Vetting is the future.  There can't be any leniency or mercy.  People who have abused their positions, regardless of skill, must be left in the pit to rot.

Serious question.  What level of transparency do you intend to have among staff members?  What lessons are you guys taking from what you saw from working with/investigating Elysium?

From watching all of that unfold from a rational, no bullshit perspective, I'd say the most important thing is for every staff member to be able to see the activities of every other staff member.  No one should be capable of doing things that aren't visible to their peers, and your infrastructure should keep tidy logs of every admin action for easy searching.

@cybaster I think thats the best comment so far and would love to read upon some answer to your questions as well.

I like the progression system and I am curious what kind of community Crestfall has to offer.

I don't have much to contribute in the topic. But I really wanted to hop in and let @Darkrasp @Asura @Crogge and the whole team that I, like many others, am really thankful for what you guys are doing.

This last week was really trying. And I'm sad to see the Discord go, but if you believe this is going to make things safer and easier for you I'm 100% supportive.

Keep it up guys :)

The valiance! The gallantry! The resolve!

Ah, well, anyway, thank you. For the post, and your continued work. It's gonna be great, I promise. All smiles.

Special /wave to the core devs and scripters and the rest who - do they even read the forums? They're a quiet bunch. I can only imagine what they've made of all of this, if anything! Stay strong.

Praise the sun. Now all we need to do is wait for release and enjoy having one of the best wow experiences of our life.

Clicked on this topic while on break at work...

the dance I started to do while in the breakroom was a sight to behold. I recorded it on my phone, but I don't want your eyes to burn. I might get fired soon, but I couldn't be happier. 

PTE... no cash shop... no reddit...@Outstanding might get in a better mood... no Elysium...more @Xaverius quips... Daily scouring of this forum once again commenced!

Fantastic news.  Great idea to cut down on the public communication in all the various methods and restrict it to just the forums.

I wish all of the Crestfall team the best, and look forward to your release some time this year :)

Man, all the drama happened while I was away at Disney with the family and didn't notice it until yesterday. It took some time scrounging around looking for information about what happened, but I believe I am at least mostly up to speed.

That being said, this is great news. When I saw things saying Asura/Darkrasp were thinking of just quitting the project I just about gave up hope for a chance to try Vanilla content as it was meant to be, because clearly Blizzard has no interest in providing it, and everywhere else provides nothing but PvP or just aren't good. This is of great comfort, I'm convinced this is the place to be, and where I want to be. I understand this means little coming from me, some guy with so few posts, but I have great faith in Crestfall and support it fully.

Edited by Xsaeta
Fixed a line that didn't make much sense in retrospect

Great news! Glad you're sticking around to finish what you started :) 

On nostalrius there was an option to have two different accounts running from the same computer so long as one of the accounts remained in a major city (SW, IF, Org etc) at all times. Will this be something allowed in crestfall?  Would it be different if say one account was on a desktop and the other on a laptop side by side? Im not sure how an anti-multibox cheat system works in these type of situations. Thanks in advance and can't wait for Crestfall's release!

What's in the original post is everything the majority of the Crestfall community wanted to hear. This announcement is better than sliced bread.

To the whole team:

blogger-in-the-spotlight.jpg

Last year, summer, ur stance was "we mind our business, dont care bout others".Im glad to hear u are back on track.Take ur time, from what i have seen  so far, most of this community is patient.And good call for that discord thing.Been there once, ...fckin speedway.

tumblr_mh0229wGT61rhnoyto1_500.gif

The hype is real!

Well done guys so glad you decided to continue.

Nothing in the history of private servers has filled me with more excitement than this announcement. Big thank you for continuing to work on this wonderful project despite the recent events.

May Elune light your path! 

18 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

and to the community members we offended or let down, we're very sorry.

I accept your appology. And hereby I am back to this project!

18 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

we allow players to flag their characters for transfer to TBC

will the CHARS or the ACCOUNT be transfered to TBC? for example I want to move only 1 char from my account to TBC realm and the other one should stay vanilla. Is that possible?

cheers

28 minutes ago, Budge said:

will the CHARS or the ACCOUNT be transfered to TBC? for example I want to move only 1 char from my account to TBC realm and the other one should stay vanilla. Is that possible?

As far as i understood you have to flag charakters and they will be transfered at the next server maintenance. This way it should be possible to transfer the charakters one by one to the next expansion and you can choose the time for transfer for every charakter individually.

4 hours ago, MagikStaff said:

On nostalrius there was an option to have two different accounts running from the same computer so long as one of the accounts remained in a major city (SW, IF, Org etc) at all times. Will this be something allowed in crestfall?  Would it be different if say one account was on a desktop and the other on a laptop side by side? Im not sure how an anti-multibox cheat system works in these type of situations. Thanks in advance and can't wait for Crestfall's release!

They stated that they wanted for example familymembers to be able to play together so i don't see how the second variant doesn't work. Running two accounts from the same computer on the other hand should not be possible i guess.

Edited by Mogri

Darkrasp will probably add this in the FAQ at the first page but I think I can answer because it's one of the first questions I asked myself.

It will be as you describe. You can flag a character for transfer and it will go over in the next maintenance period (or during the initial mass exodus).

I intend to leave alts behind myself to play with slowpoke or new friends.

So it is CHAR, not ACCOUNT.

24 minutes ago, Budge said:

cheers

Edited by Roadblock

Adding a couple questions of my own.

• When the BC realm at 2.0.1 opens, will all characters on the Vanilla realm get the option to flag for transfer or only 58+ ?
  • Similarly, for players that decide to flag individual characters later, after the initial mass exodus would the same min level requirement apply?

Personally I think a min level requirement both for initial and subsequent individual transfers makes more sense, especially if the timeline is known 2-3 months in advance.

People would still be able to create fresh characters on either realm.