Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Crestfall: The Next Stage

149 posts in this topic

Got a question about patch progression:

- Are you planning to release all lvl 60 dungeon items on launch? I'm not asking bout the pre 1.4 items cos I know that the data bout them is rather scarce. I'm asking especially about the 1.10-1.12 lvl 60 dungeon items and t0.5 which are often better then raid epics.

23 minutes ago, illutian said:

For the record, when I ask to be able to buy a lvl 60 (or max level). I mean, just a character with the level changed. I don't want my choice of gear, a stipend of gold, max-level professions. I want to spawn in Northshire as a lvl 60 paladin with my lvl 1 2hand mace, rank 1 holy light, 5 cheese thingies, 5 mineral waters, and a hearthstone [set to Northshire].

Implying the character level on it's own isn't a big deal at all.

wew

those items won't be avalible until AQ or thereabouts

Glad Crestfall is still on its way. I've been holding out for this project since I heard about it.

1 minute ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

That is Crogges project, Crogge been working with Asura since the start so Crestfall and Legacy Crusade projects have been together since the start.
That's not LGN

Well there's zero mention of it in the first post of this topic.

6 minutes ago, loeth said:

I'd put it down to the assumption that "everyone knows" about Crogge's server since the connection has always been there. But I can understand that it might not look that way to someone new(ish) or simply casually active on forums. Basically, the connection between CF and LC has been there way before LGN, and still is. They use the same core (as stated in the link above).

So my believe is:

I don't think the community blames any of you guys for trying to aspire to a new level of coöperation on this one with the LGN. I mean core and scripting swaps can continou in good overview of stuff either side might have overlooked. Too bad in this case that LGN turned out to be a bunch of frauds. You never know that from the first impression so i don't think anyone should blame you guys for being involved in this matter. As a matter of fact, you guys professionally pulling out of this and bringing out the statement that some accusations were still being investigated, gave us, as a community the feeling that you guys are actually actively persuing the wishes of your community. You could've turned a blind eye, instead you guys disembarked and waited for results of the accusations.

I fucking love this about you guys.

If it were my say: Lets just forget about the whole LGN incident at once, erase it from our memories cause this shouldn't affect us at all. I'm so looking forward to this project and i'm thankfull you guys found the strength and courage to see this debacle through and picked up yourselves.

So my fellow community people, lets look up forward to that 2017 release and make this the best Private Server Project out there (this also includes community-whise).

40 minutes ago, loeth said:

If you check older posts from the devs/staff you'll know that.

Hello all,

Been a lurker here for a while now... not posting but reading and laughing from the many great posts....   such a great community which I can only hope grows with like minded ppl.

To the team here at CF... I say  Lessons learned and all that .. move on... Keep carrying the original idea through to the end... and in my eyes and maybe many more here at CF,  you will become LEGENDS in the wow vanlla community. Seriously..If you finish that which you orignally set out to do and what many of us and yourselves are wishing for... then I belive wow can finally be laid to rest so to speak.... job done... boxes ticked... smoke em if you got em... raise glasses and have a drink... sit back and enjoy!!!  Be amazed at what you have done and feel the love of the community as they once again step into the world which you have created for them and yourselves. I hope you enjoy the end product as much as the community will.

I know theres always work to do with expansions etc... and I cant praise you all enough for doing this in your own time... it really is truelly amazing.

Id like to buy you all a drink and say thank you.. thank you.

Good job and keep it up!!

Fitzzools

17 hours ago, illutian said:

I'm slightly bummed that:

1) I'd have to re-level...again. -- I've done it enough.

Don't be mad at Crestfall... be mad at every other wrongly done, or "wasted-your-time" private server out there. This is an ATTEMPT to do it right... so you don't feel like you've "wasted your time" leveling a toon.

Any information on how the website is comming along? Since the eta is '2017' I imagine it's almost done?

Posted (edited)

Wait? What's the problem with Mara that it's eventually not available at release? :S

And if I got you guys right, there will not be a pre 1.4 nerfed itemization on Crestfall? Why is it? I read that you modified every single line of item data base and that it's pain to do it another time for nerfed itemization. But isn't it possible that someone else do it for you? Tackling MC with the nerfed itemization is a big part of the vanilla experience. Find some volunteer who would do it for you. I mean I understand that information about droprate is rare but you could keep up the droprates of the later itemization but with nerfed stats. Shouldn't be such a big deal!?

I'd do it for you if you explain me how! Just let this be part of our experience please!

Oh and do you plan to ban Chinese? I'd really be sad for every honest Chinese player but experience has shown that they are the nr. 1 reason for trouble - goldsellers, boting. I mean I know citizens of other contries do that bullshit too but still the % of Chinese is much higher. AND 90% of all Chinese can't speak English what destroy comunication with them. Had so many times on private servers were I had to group with Chinese and they didn't understood a single word I said.

Edited by MasterQuaster

@MasterQuaster as to Maraudon, it wasn't in the game on release, but added in an early patch. But since it's pretty much only useful when leveling, there's no reason not to include it at launch.

WTB Open Beta so I can help test and get a mass of dopamine release from contributing to something.

1 hour ago, AzAMOuS said:

WTB Open Beta so I can help test and get a mass of dopamine release from contributing to something.

God, seriously.  I am so tired of waiting for this....I am playing on Elysium just to burn time but I would greatly prefer to actually help this project especially in Vanilla so we can get this train rolling.

53 minutes ago, Salv said:

God, seriously.  I am so tired of waiting for this....I am playing on Elysium just to burn time but I would greatly prefer to actually help this project especially in Vanilla so we can get this train rolling.

Same here.

I am rather new to all of this private server stuff, so please forgive my ignorance with my questions.

Alright, so with that said,  I have been looking all over the forums trying to find some answers to a few questions.  And I feel like I might be more confused now, versus when I first started looking.

So my questions being,

Is there currently an vanilla based server up and playable? (For Crestfall)

I have seen posts all the way back to August, (I think) of last year talking about the server being ready in 2017.

If that is the case, is the bc server the one that people seem so hyped about, is that the current work in progress?  That beta testers are wanted for as of right now.

I think I was also reading something about further expansions, such as a WotLK server, if that is the case what would be the stopping point expansion wise?

I am just not sure what is what exactly with the status of what is going on with what server/expansion.

@CodemonsterThere is no publically playable Crestfall server right now, the closed beta is for the vanilla realm. We're all waiting for the release of both the PvE and PvP vanilla realms, which will be sometime in 2017. Probably. ;)

if they need/want beta testers im down im only leveling on other private servers, constantly theory-crafting my route to 60

I could not be more excited to see this server not only get released but to flourish as the new standard in the private server scene. Every update I read is not only well written and professional but it fills me with a sense that "home" is right around the corner. It's been a while since I've given my efforts to Azeroth and this is such a beautiful prospect for where my future character could live. Thank you to everyone involved in grasping what the community not only needs but has requested for years. If there's any way I can help bring this endeavor into fruition I would love to offer my assistance and see to a home where our toons can finally rest their heads.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continued diligence, your vision, your professionalism, and for the mere potential of a server worth writing home about. I hardly know you all, I haven't seen your work, and already I love you all.