Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Crestfall: The Next Stage

148 posts in this topic
15 hours ago, Codemonster said:

If that is the case, is the bc server the one that people seem so hyped about, is that the current work in progress?  That beta testers are wanted for as of right now.

I think I was also reading something about further expansions, such as a WotLK server, if that is the case what would be the stopping point expansion wise?

I am just not sure what is what exactly with the status of what is going on with what server/expansion.

Crestfall vanilla is currently in closed beta as mentioned. It will theoretically go through ALL the expansions (even the shitty ones), but considering only WOTLK is like 4 years away, predicting anything is difficult and perhaps pointless. 

The TBC server you refer to is Legacy Crusade, which is another project but involves most of the Crestfall people working there as well (i.e. Crogge is lead and Asura co-owner). That server will be TBC-only. It will use the same core as Crestfall and all work that they do on LC can then be used for when Crestfall vanilla transitions to TBC. 

You can follow Legacy Crusade here: http://forums.legacy-crusade.com , so far there's less activity there since release will likely be in 2018 while Crestfall will launch sometime this year. Essentially, if you're looking to play TBC, Legacy Crusade will release before Crestfall TBC. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chickengrease said:

Crestfall vanilla is currently in closed beta as mentioned. It will theoretically go through ALL the expansions (even the shitty ones), but considering only WOTLK is like 4 years away, predicting anything is difficult and perhaps pointless. 

The TBC server you refer to is Legacy Crusade, which is another project but involves most of the Crestfall people working there as well (i.e. Crogge is lead and Asura co-owner). That server will be TBC-only. It will use the same core as Crestfall and all work that they do on LC can then be used for when Crestfall vanilla transitions to TBC. 

You can follow Legacy Crusade here: http://forums.legacy-crusade.com , so far there's less activity there since release will likely be in 2018 while Crestfall will launch sometime this year. Essentially, if you're looking to play TBC, Legacy Crusade will release before Crestfall TBC. 

There's no way in hell it's going to make it too wotlk before the server gets shut down by blizzard, unless there's something I'm missing?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheapshots said:

There's no way in hell it's going to make it too wotlk before the server gets shut down by blizzard, unless there's something I'm missing?

How will they do that? 

And so we don't get that argument, no blizzard dident shut down Nostarius. the devs did that because of an angry letter.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Cheapshots said:

There's no way in hell it's going to make it too wotlk before the server gets shut down by blizzard, unless there's something I'm missing?

"There's no way in hell this isn't a troll post."

Popular and long-lived servers already exist for each expansion at least up to Cataclysm (and recently MoP).

When's the last time you heard of one getting shut down by Blizzard?

The only thing different about this project is that it is built from the ground up on a core that will make transitions from one version of the game to the next easier / better.

Twinstar are already considering doing their own "version" in the future.

Not on a unified core but stitching together existing realms under their "brand" umbrella, which - imho - is nothing new since you could already log on to Kronos > Ares > Hyperion > Artemis and so on with the same account. All they need to do is slap on "transfers" between their products and presto. It's not going to be PTE in the sense Crestfall is doing it, but the point from Blizzard's viewpoint stands.

Why do they survive for all these years when they are operating different emulators for vanilla and three expansions?

What am I missing? Are you on Kronos forums asking the same question?

I'm missing nothing. You've been trying to take some Cheap Shots (pun intended) towards the project with your last posts.

Edited by Roadblock
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

kronos fills a void private servers need to operate 

its a server run program that handles the wow code, if you ever played NWN its the same idea of the toolset used, but heavily scripted opposed to point and click. 

 

if i am correct Crestfall is making their own type of "kronos" program, something that marries the blizzard data with theirs, and gives us a scripted world to play in. 

the programs can get as complex as writing a new quest in, new gear, etc etc etc its basically god mode. 

 

Edited by Masquerader
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kronos is vanilla private server on Twinstar network.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I know this is a subjective question but which private server is considered the "best" currently, whether that is purely opinion or universally recognized?  I am curious because I am bored and want to just level on a vanilla realm I just want one that is more accurately true to the actual retail game.  I also dont want to play where the people running the servers are scumlords lol.

 

Obviously I am referring to LIVE servers.  Thanks.

Edited by Salv
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Salv said:

I know this is a subjective question but which private server is considered the "best" currently, whether that is purely opinion or universally recognized?  I am curious because I am bored and want to just level on a vanilla realm I just want one that is more accurately true to the actual retail game.  I also dont want to play where the people running the servers are scumlords lol.

 

Obviously I am referring to LIVE servers.  Thanks.

Either Kronos or Elysium are perfectly average servers. Kronos has better scripting but smaller, more established players and economy based. They have two realms which are due to merge.

Elysium offers more choice, 4 realms including the only decent PvE realm in existence. It also has a higher population but is less stable.

There's a bunch of us on the PvE realm there just cooling our heels, you're welcome to pop in.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Outstanding,

Which Faction are you Playing on Elysium? Would be interested in joining, for the time wie all wait for CF to lunch.

 

Cheers

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been on the Elysium pve server.  It seems a bit laggy at times, but that could also just be my internet as well.

I have also tried getting into the wraith expansion server on twinstar, but I haven't had any luck with that as I keep getting a error message. It's driving me a bit nuts, as wraith was my personal favorite of the expansions.  So I will just have to chill with vanilla till something else comes along.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just registered today when I head about this site and I'm absolutely liking what I'm seeing!
Indeed super exited for the launch later this year.

And the expansion progression seems very reasonable (going one-way). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Biohazard said:

Hey Outstanding,

Which Faction are you Playing on Elysium? Would be interested in joining, for the time wie all wait for CF to lunch.

 

Cheers

So you need to use the @Biohazard function (@whoever) to play /summonoutstanding or there's a chance I'll miss it.:D

So for legacy issues we're on the Alliance side on Darrowshire PvE because my toons were reincarnated from the Nostalrius PvE realm. My RL mates always played Alliance, although none of them came with me to Elysium as they are too busy playing Pokemon Legion Warcraft. 

There's a forum post here 

Bear in mind there's only about 10 of us, from all time zones, some are active and some are not. So don't expect instances and end raiding. But you never know and the practice with each other is good.

Best,

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2017 at 0:55 PM, Outstanding said:

Bear in mind there's only about 10 of us, from all time zones, some are active and some are not. So don't expect instances and end raiding. But you never know and the practice with each other is good.

Best,

What's your in game name in Elysium? Was thinking on joining the servers to try out some theories on leveling ^^

Cheers

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hybris said:

What's your in game name in Elysium? Was thinking on joining the servers to try out some theories on leveling ^^

Cheers

It's Outstanding. Bizarrely after 4 months of Nost PvE no-one had the balls to take the name. I'm around this evening or Yanannie ot Stunted should be. You won't be able to /wh until L10 but you can drop your name here

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not created an account yet as I'm still working on an essay. But I'll do so later when I have Elysium set up. Ty :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be careful not to use the account information you plan to use on Crestfall at a later date. Elysium is dangerous for your future account safety, for obvious reasons.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea, absolutely. I used completely new account data for this. Ty for the heads up though !

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question... is the wow download ( i do have original disks) from the elysium website... good to use... I did use some rdm login and password as I try out different starting builds etc..... but is the actual game DL safe to put on your pc...?

Which leads me to a question on CF... will there be a DL game to grab or do we use the original files.. / expansions.. etc.... does anyone know?  I have the expansions which count and those that I wish to play again... or will I DL from here etc...

Cheers all

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a while since i was here last time. What i read is that the Crestfall probably ended the cooperation with Elysium? So does this mean that there's a possibility for a standalone vanilla server?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2017 at 7:32 PM, Hamilton said:

Whaaa im ready for pvp realm ! Luktaro gar! Let it be times to remeber zag zag -)

Spoken like an Alliance spy! 

Other than that, lok'tar friend.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.03.2017 at 6:10 PM, pvescrub said:

Spoken like an Alliance spy!

xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0