Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Polyphem

Healthy forms of organization - The impact of "reputation" on the community

35 posts in this topic

Spectacular post. I Do, however, disagree with the fact that reputation is responsible for the cleanliness of the Crestfall community.

Yes, I do believe that it has some impact and it encourages people to be respectful and contribute in a positive matter. But I do not see it as a ground breaking addition that shapes the way the community interacts. 

What I find to be the most influencing factor in this situation is the respectful and courteous nature that the staff are handling communication and sensitive sitiations. You would see a lot more trolls and drama mongers if people like Darkrasp and Asura were more superficial about they way they talked to us. Even folks like Elicas have an influence.

And, of course, the most active community members generally dictate how the overall feel of the forums will be. Thus people like Lilaina play a crucial role.

@Lilaina none taken. Everyone is sick of the... incident... and just want to move on. Note new drama today.

I'd say a community that keeps it's own in check works best. If you say something stupid and have a bunch of people to call you on it, well, that makes you watch what you say, am I right?

1 hour ago, Lilaina said:

More likely we easily impressionable server hoppers will simply keep playing because we're not as personally involved with the project and don't take these things personally, even if the server hits some troubled times down the line.

Fair point. I forgot to mention the group of people that just doesn't care strongly, but doesn't want to leave either because hey, already have 2x[insert max. level here].

Imagine the server community as an orange. The server jumpers and draenei players are the peel that shoots bitter juice at you and the white stuff under it. The core (and hopefully I) is the seeds that nobody likes and would prefer if they didn't exist, but they're needed. And you're the juicy, tasty part that most people find the most important!

I just now realized, thanks to the seedless orange, that humanity produces and deals in castrated trees. What a world to be alive in.

2 hours ago, Lilaina said:

@Outstanding

Needs a works cited list in MLA and a peer review.

MLA??? Must be an English paper.  Nobody outside the liberal arts uses that format unless things have changed.

Haha, +1 for Draenei thing.Then i stoped reading.Looked at ur rep and i told my self -this guy got rep, no need to read it all, im sure he handled it well. Im simple man too:)

2 hours ago, Humperdink said:

MLA??? Must be an English paper.  Nobody outside the liberal arts uses that format unless things have changed.

Yeah, I study English philology. We use MLA and APA.

2 hours ago, Xaverius said:

And you're the juicy, tasty part

O.o

2 hours ago, Humperdink said:

I¨ll do it like the social "sciences". I'll write a paper, you write a paper quoting mine, and the next time I write a paper, I will quote yours where you quote mine.

19 hours ago, Xaverius said:

I¨ll do it like the social "sciences". I'll write a paper, you write a paper quoting mine, and the next time I write a paper, I will quote yours where you quote mine.

I thought the social "sciences" used APA :P

Posted (edited)

double post, network hiccup

Edited by Humperdink