Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rawne

Hello everyone!

Good evening, guys.

I've been lurking on here for the last few months, and I gotta say I've become pretty damn excited about this project. The community (that's you!) seems pretty nice and I appreciate the fact that discussions on here don't usually devolve into name-calling and trolling, so, you go guys!

The way the staff handled the last few weeks, coupled with Darkrasp's updates and everything else I've seen on this forum, reassured me that this really seems to be the server that can give me a home and fulfill that want for vanilla and BC warcraft. A big Thank You goes out to each of the staff members, for all the work they've done and continue to do, and for not giving up on this vision in spite of everything that's happened.

Now a bit about myself, this is an introduction after all.

I'm a 24 year old guy, hailing from Germany. I'm into (surprise) anything Fantasy and SciFi, as long as it's not some shallow 'Young Adult' stuff. Also, I'm really into Reggae and Dancehall music, enjoy cooking and I sometimes make my own mead. If anybody is interested, it's really simple to produce, and I'll gladly share the recipe.

My career in WoW started a few months after release, I was allowed to play on my brothers account whenever he wasn't home, and started leveling a human warrior. It was fun, but I leveled very slowly. A few months before BC hit, maybe half a year, I managed to hit 60 and convinced my brother to let me raid one evening per week, maybe two if he was out anyways. Found a guild, went with them as off tank to Molten Core, killed Ragnaros after weeks of trying (which was one of the best moments of my gaming career) and managed to see the third boss in BWL. Then BC hit and I had a blast running Karazhan with a close-knit, small guild, but we never got enough people together for any of the 25-man raids. Once WotLK arrived, we started raiding as soon as everyone hit 80, cleared everything except for Ulduar and I got to experience another of my favorite moments in gaming: killing Arthas, seeing the story that began in WC3 brought to a close.

But yeah, after that I was pretty done, I despised Dungeonfinder, hated the fact that barely anyone would run lower-tier raids except to gear up twinks. Stopped playing shortly after Cata released, but I never got completely away from the game, I always at least took a peek via a one-week-trial whenever a new expansion came out, but the new mechanics just didn't scratch that itch. That's why I'm so giddy with the thought of a project aiming to recreate those first few years, as close to the original experience as possible. I just want a server with a nice community that feels alive, to have fun with like-minded people and maybe clear a bit more content this time around, now that I'm not a kid anymore and know at least a little bit about what i'm supposed to be doing. ;)

Whew, that's become quite the novel. Now to finish up:

I'm going to roll a Human Warrior again, on the PvE realm, Zul'Dare. I'll specc arms, prot for raids and, if it should prove necessary, for certain dungeons.

Whoever made it this far: Thank you for your time, and I'll see you in game. Someday. ;)

That was a nice story, welcome (yes I did read it all :P )

Welcome aboard to the boat that will be setting sail when there are hover-boards! 

Welcome,  hope you'll have a good time here  :)

Welcome! My small guild running Kara was some of the most fun I've had in just about any game. Sad I won't get the chance to play with you as I'll be on the PVP realm, but if you ever want to venture into those waters, feel free to shoot me a message.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I'm glad to be here. :)

@Retrac47 Some friends of mine will probably start with me, and they are pretty fond of wPvP. We'll decide where we roll once the release is within reach, so maybe I'll have to roll another character on the PvP realm. ;) If we do roll there, I'll make sure to message you, thanks!

@Chickengrease Danke!