Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FunkyPockets

So, who are YOU?

43 posts in this topic

Lovely introduction, this being the internet, people are inclined to be cautious/careful/paranoid so you might not get many replies.

The offer on pets though might prove popular. All you need is introduce yourself as the forum vet. I see great things ahead once Asura hears about this..

A CAT!!! SO LOVELY!

I wanted to post something intelligent, but then I saw the picture, sorry.

6 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Lovely introduction, this being the internet, people are inclined to be cautious/careful/paranoid so you might not get many replies.

The offer on pets though might prove popular. All you need is introduce yourself as the forum vet. I see great things ahead once Asura hears about this..

Of course! I would never expect people to get too personal, but hobbies feel superficial enough. Heck, I don't even mind if this is just a more detailed introduction for myself, just thought I'd put it out there. 

Welcome to the forums. :)

My hobbies/interests include reading (fantasy, scifi, horror mostly), RPG:s, winter sports, floorball, gardening, formula 1, jigsaw puzzles, movies and many others.

I'm from Finland and I'm a second year student of English philology + psychology as a minor, and I'm currently writing my bachelor's thesis. I want to be an actress but my CV remains depressingly short.

@ilovecats will hate me for this but I don't particularly like cats, or any pets for that matter. Mostly I just tolerate them.

Alliance is my faction of choice. I like hunters and most hybrid classes. I've barely touched warriors, rogues or shamans during all these years. I started playing during early BC.

( ^_^)/

Well since you asked...

I hail from Bulgaria. Nice little place despite what anyone, especially bulgarians, will tell you.

I don't have many hobbies which goes hand in hand with the fact that I don't go out much. Video games and music is what I spend most of my time with. Yes, I really do need to go out more and all that. I've gotten that part down already.

It's not really for the better but lately I've been thinking about how I can make the best of my day to day life, as unhealthy as it is. Writing reviews is something I've been looking into as of late. If all's well I'll actually start writing my very own quite soon. If that goes well, or perhaps even without it, I might take up writing as a more serious hobby. Right now I'm mostly just trying to get the hang of some basic stuff. I've written down a few pages of random stories so far but it's not exactly anything I'd feel okay with sharing. I'm pretty passionate about it so I'll definitely be putting a lot more work into it. I actually remember posting some of my "work" on these forums and I remember how even that took a bit of convincing before I let anyone else read it.

I can't say much when it comes to education as I'm currently in highschool. I have a certificate that proves I know english on an above average level and that's it. Perhaps that's even my only real acomplishment so far.

I'm not entirely sure what I hope to be one day. There are several things that I have in mind and would love to make my main source of income one day, however that's already way too much wishful thinking and sharing these thoughts with more people will only make it worse for me in the end. Right now I'm working on my story writing skills. There's one thing at least.

And since it seems to be on-topic...

I like dog. I have dog. I love dog. I take care of dog and make sure dog is happy. When dog is happy I am happy.

As far as cats go... Eh, I like the cute little bastards. I don't much like having them in my lap as that usually ends with them holding me hostage and forcing me to continuously pet them for hours on end otherwise if I stop they dig into my flesh with their sharp claws demanding that the petting doesn't stop otherwise my death will come shortly and I shall see the end not before suffering through unimaginable pain for what seems like several eternities as I drift through the black void that is the afterlife.

So yeah, I guess you can say I'm pretty indifferent about cats... they're cute. That's it.

So all that probably gave you a little bit of an idea what the guy behind the avatar is like. I certainly hope it didn't as that would probably mean you despise me. kek

1 hour ago, VeloxBanks said:

So yeah, I guess you can say I'm pretty indifferent about cats... they're cute. That's it.

So all that probably gave you a little bit of an idea what the guy behind the avatar is like. I certainly hope it didn't as that would probably mean you despise me. kek

To be fair I was notorious in my classes for being the 'guy who hates cats' until I adopted one. Now I'm a Cat Dad. 

Keep writing! Just make yourself do it. I mean, I LOVE learning medicine, but it does and will always feel like work at times. Motivation is great, but cowers in comparison to discipline. I've been trying to make small improvements too - running, doing body weight exercises, preparing my own food. 

Good meeting ya!

Honestly if this thread just turns into talking about pets I'll be ecstatic. 

Posted (edited)

I'll join:

Hello from Madrid, 31, working as software developer. Hobbies: cooking, climbing, scuba diving, (a)rpgs, lovecraft & studio ghibli. I have a rabbit with 1 leg, a guinea pig and a yorkshire terrier, so yeah I love animals in general :)

Edited by HarTstaRx

14 minutes ago, HarTstaRx said:

Hello from Madrid, 31, working as software developer. Hobbies: cooking, climbing, scuba diving, (a)rpgs, lovecraft & studio ghibli. I have a rabbit with 1 leg, a guinea pig and a yorkshire terrier, so yeah I love animals in general :)

cooking = rabbit with 1 leg ;) 

Hello, mate!

Hail from Portugal but currently studying in England. Studying Tourism, but next year moving for Uni to study Bussiness Management.

You can see that one of my favourite hobbies is watching movies being Tarantino my favourite director. Right next to it is my love for games and a bit of football as well.

As far as pets I have a question about a specific breed which is the Tibetan Mastiff. Can we keep in a flat has I believe he is about the size of a St. Bernard? And does he behave well around other animals and humans? (I know much of the influence in that last question comes from training, however, they are some primal insticts that might overlook its training.)

CAN YOU BRING MY DOG BACK TO LIFE!? ;__;
kramer1.png

Anyway, I'm 25 - work with young children as an assistant teacher - working toward a BA to become a full time teacher some day or go into social work and provide support for families and their children...I love RPing, drawing, writing, playing vidj0 games, and researching a variety of topics in biology, zoology, astronomy so that I learn useless trivia that otherwise doesn't help me. I dig going to museums and zoos when I get the chance and love to swim when the weather is agreeable. 

Huzzah! *throws glitter* 

1 hour ago, DonnyDonowitz said:

Hello, mate!

Hail from Portugal but currently studying in England. Studying Tourism, but next year moving for Uni to study Bussiness Management.

You can see that one of my favourite hobbies is watching movies being Tarantino my favourite director. Right next to it is my love for games and a bit of football as well.

As far as pets I have a question about a specific breed which is the Tibetan Mastiff. Can we keep in a flat has I believe he is about the size of a St. Bernard? And does he behave well around other animals and humans? (I know much of the influence in that last question comes from training, however, they are some primal insticts that might overlook its training.)

Great meeting you! I'm a huge tarantino fan as well, Inglourious Basterds is my favorite movie by him. Still gotta see Hateful Eight!

As for your question - large breed (or one could even say "giant breed") dogs can sometimes make great city dogs, but it's not a guarantee. Great Danes are actually excellent city dogs, because their #1 hobby is sleeping. Thus, they don't require as much space as one might think. Newfoundlands are also pretty good because of this. They just sleep and are really gentle. 

Tibetan Mastiffs, however, differ in temperament to breeds like Great Danes. They have guard dog in their nature, and would be hard to exercise really well on a leash. Personally, I wouldn't wholly recommend them for a flat. A TM would also likely end up barking a lot from people coming/in and out of the apartment building. 

How your dog behaves around other people and animals depends a LOT on breed and socialization in his/her young life, but It's such a multi-factorial thing that nobody can ever predict 100% how an interaction will go. Really depends on how in tune you are with your dog's behavior and personality. 

1 hour ago, HarTstaRx said:

I'll join:

It's a small dream of mine to learn how to SCUBA dive. Once I've got a steady income it's something that I would really really like to try. Studio Ghibli films are incredible! They're staple films that my SO and I watch with regularity. Sounds like you've got quite the zoo at your place :D

3 minutes ago, FunkyPockets said:

Great meeting you! I'm a huge tarantino fan as well, Inglourious Basterds is my favorite movie by him. Still gotta see Hateful Eight!

As for your question - large breed (or one could even say "giant breed") dogs can sometimes make great city dogs, but it's not a guarantee. Great Danes are actually excellent city dogs, because their #1 hobby is sleeping. Thus, they don't require as much space as one might think. Newfoundlands are also pretty good because of this. They just sleep and are really gentle. 

Tibetan Mastiffs, however, differ in temperament to breeds like Great Danes. They have guard dog in their nature, and would be hard to exercise really well on a leash. Personally, I wouldn't wholly recommend them for a flat. A TM would also likely end up barking a lot from people coming/in and out of the apartment building. 

How your dog behaves around other people and animals depends a LOT on breed and socialization in his/her young life, but It's such a multi-factorial thing that nobody can ever predict 100% how an interaction will go. Really depends on how in tune you are with your dog's behavior and personality. 

Thanks, mate.

Appreciate the response. Hateful Eight has a big plot, however, you must be resillient enough to go through the three hours. I found the ending satisfying and the plot hilarious.

And plus one for you, Funky Vet!

10 minutes ago, cell007 said:

kramer1.png

Anyway, I'm 25 - work with young children as an assistant teacher - working toward a BA to become a full time teacher some day or go into social work and provide support for families and their children...I love RPing, drawing, writing, playing vidj0 games, and researching a variety of topics in biology, zoology, astronomy so that I learn useless trivia that otherwise doesn't help me. I dig going to museums and zoos when I get the chance and love to swim when the weather is agreeable. 

Huzzah! *throws glitter* 

Ahhh what a cute dog! Seems like he/she is a real sweetie. 

Personally i'm always a fan of learning useless trivia. Might not come up on an exam in life, but who cares? It's way cool to know things. I remember taking an astronomy course in high school and loving it, I've always been a big Sci-Fi guy.

Thanks for the mess *begins sweeping glitter* shit's gonna be stuck in my beard for a week.

I'm Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate.

Another Tarantino fan here. I think Pulp Fiction is my favourite.

I'm from Spain, love videogames (almost all genres), metal music. I like animals too. I only have had dogs. Last one was Nora, she passed away two years ago:

IMG_0032_zpsx16vcddh.JPG

But I like cats too. My girl have a precious one: 

IMG_1207.JPG

And apart of my gilrfriend, this is my second love:

IMG_1095.JPG

Posted (edited)

To put it simply: Do you know the most interesting man in the world ?

I'm the opposite of that.

I'm like Steve Buscemi except without the good looks.

I live in the suburbs outside of some suburbs outside of a city nobody wants to live in.

All of my neighbors are 3x my age but I'm the crotchety geezer who stays home all day complaining about all the noise.

For Halloween they went trick-or-treating without me and then left empty wrappers on my doorstep. I knew it was them because I could hear the wheezing and the subtle tip-taps of their walkers as they sped off.

My dogs get more mail than I do. Sometimes for fun I pretend my name is Skippy so I can feel loved.

I'm too poor to develop a drinking problem.

One time I was mugged by a guy from behind. When I turned around, he apologized and said he was going to turn himself around now that he's seen someone at rock bottom.

I went to church once and the pastor said "I'm sorry there's nothing I can do for you."

I'm tall, pale and skinny. So naturally I can't go outside without burning or being mistaken for an alien. I'm so pale my skin has developed a reflective sheen like those rare cave-dwelling creatures. I know this because everywhere I go, cars seem to swerve away and people cover their eyes.

The only things that make me interesting are an incurable disease and my ability to click my teeth like a drum set.

Edit: You guys probably think I'm joking. Ha... Ha.... :(

Edited by Malediction
Soup

10 hours ago, cell007 said:

That's a legit question.
CAN YOU DO THAT FOR ME TOO?! ;__;
BRkhieI.png

As for me, before the internet, there were only two things I did - being outside or reading books. Therefore I have so attachment to literature. Especially classic sci-fi. Oh and game reviews. I first encountered related culture through gaming magazines, and I fell in love, deep respect included, with the art of reviewing. Which makes me understandably pissed off at modern internet media.

As for hobbies, I like to listen to a lot of music, and sometimes it kickstarts me. In which case I open a photoshop, grab a stylus, and create an unholy abomination. Despite what I said, I don't write that much, only jot down tons of ideas I never make anything out of :v.
Sometimes I take a photo of a thing, but I have only one lens, and that one's mechanically broken. Anyone has a spare nikkor 70-300mm D?

As for pets, oh, what a long history. We had dogs and cats ever since I was little. The most we had was five cats and three dogs, though if you count the puppies we found the dogess with, we had five cats and ten dogs at one point.

Right now we have two cats and one dog. The one on the picture died on 29.1., exactly to a day 5 years after our last dog died. I'm still very sad.

Also sometimes I go and ride a bike, but if you call it a sport, imma punch you. It's just a mode of transportation, no need for those elastic, extremely homosexual getups rich people get into when they go biking for the weekend.

I'm a 32 year old guy from living in Belgium. As work I make chocolate spread (my kid loves me for that :D

My hobbies are gaming, tabletop rpg, watching movies and football  and traveling. 

As for pets, I'm not really a pet person, nor is my wife. 

Tarrantino... I don't hate his films. Some have moments of greatness... but, overrated in my mind. Oh well.. now that most of you hate me, I have two cats myself. Fucking useless assbags. But you're not allowed to mess with them. For some reason, I'm very protective of those pointless  shit-creators. 

And I love Cincy Reds baseball... and sarcastic, almost out-of-line humor.  (Tosh style) But's that's all you'll get from me...

I'm 25 3/4 and I don't have a lot of commitments, so I have plenty of time to devote for games and plotting how to kidnap the neighbourhood cats. Single, childless life is beautiful.

Cosmetic microtransactions in games are the bane of my salary. But I'm a showoff so there's no escape :c

Joujou, representing Finland here! Quiet forum lurker, reading and visiting often, posting rarely.

I'am a true ice hockey fan, following everything from NHL to DEL leagues :) atleast periodically =) Also, used to be a semi-competitive arena FPS player on UnrealTournament. Played the game since 1999, until clanbase went down, which basically killed the game; atleast the TeamDeathmatch scene. Also played Xonotic. A very fast, free and fun opensource arena FPS game. Incredibly friendly scene there on Xonotic; reminds me of Crestfall people! ;)

I like to listen to all kinds of music. As long as its not death metal or smthing related to it, that is completely outta my league. Everything uplifting basically :D Santiano, Blue Stahli, TheFatRat, Parov Stelar... and so on!

I also do cook a lot, trying new recipes all around the internet and cook books. Challenging myself with more difficult dishes whenever I'am in the mood to use all day to make food :D Results? uhm... lets not talk about it... Edible! 

Love movies ofcourse! Just recently went to the cinema, watched John Wick - Chapter 2. I'd like to see mr. Wicks kill count on that one. Also I really like sci-fi series like X-Files, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis. So much legendary stuff on them! Maybe there is a small fantasy-world star traveller inside me, who would want to explore new worlds; so I absolutely love watching stuff like Stargate: Atlantis and .. atleast in my mind be part of the expedition! :D Such a wild imagination, huh.

As pets seems to be the theme to answer in this topic... well.. I'am almost lethally allergic to cats >:( slightly allergic to dogs, rabbits and all kinds of furry beings. So, naturally no pets here.

Lonely wanderer soul, philosophic thinker. A bit like Snusfin from Moomin, if you know the charachter :)

Very nice to meet you all folks, waiting impatiently for the release to get to play with you all on some instance groups or whatever activity there might be!

I'll give it a go maybe I'll find someone here from my country or someone I know.

I live in Sweden (born and raised) I currently work as a emergency medicine nurse which means I spend most of my days as a paramedic but sometimes I have to work in the emergency room due to lack of staff. I do have some other hobbies besides WoW, and those are snowboarding (watching and riding), watching NFL and every now and again I'll watch a home game of hockey.

Been playing since vanilla although I was too young back then to understand most of what I was doing but I still hooked right away, I even managed to get inside BWL and get my ass carried. 

And of course I got pets, a dog and two cats! :)

Posted (edited)

I'm some guy who thinks this website isn't facebook

id like to keep real life separate from the internet, and i dont use fb anymore anyway

Edited by Aquane