Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FunkyPockets

So, who are YOU?

43 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, Aquane said:

i dont use fb anymore anyway

Why would you use it in the first place?

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Xaverius said:

cause i was in high school and got pressured into it, it was years ago; afterwards my mother made me keep an account so I could post happy birthday messages when she told me to but later I just said no and deleted it anyway

Edited by Aquane

6 hours ago, Xaverius said:

How else am I supposed to keep up with everyone's birthdays? o.O

46 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

How else am I supposed to keep up with everyone's birthdays? o.O

I've just been using an excel table for the past five years or so. The important people only. The very important people I even remember :P.

Though having a fakebook is useful when you need to talk to the retards and other hipsters that aren't reachable otherwise. Of course, the conundrum begins when you have a fake name and want them to add you, but you can't tell them because you can't talk to them otherwise. Hmm.

Posted (edited)

Wait, wait, i'm joining in too!

So yeah... about me. I'm from Germany (born and raised) and work there as a teacher for biology and math (yeah i know...). For me teaching is the coolest imaginable thing to do and i'm quite interested in my subjects even outside of school. I really like to read a lot of books and articles about biology and also love to puzzle over mathematical stuff. Apart from that i do a lot of hiking and climbing and playing the drums. I'm also really into calisthenics (bodyweight training)... sounds crazy but i really like to torture myself :$

I used to play a lot of videogames when i was younger but not so much anymore. However, there is this one game which never lets me of it's hook ;)

About animals: yes i like them, but i love, ABSOLUTELY LOVE plants... because they are so much cooler.

And just in case you don't believe me, let me tell you a little story.

There once was a bird and a mistletoe. It was autumn and the mistletoe was full of white berries. The Bird was sooo hungy and when it saw the juicy berries it thought 'they look so delicious, i should fly down and eat some'. So the bird flew down and began to eat berries until it was sated and coudn't eat a single more of those berries. Some time passed by and the bird began to feel really painfull because it had gotten itself a baaaad constipation (yes, i had to look this word up...) because of the crazy stuff, the mistletoe berries are made of. The bird sat down on a nearby branch and the pain was getting worse and worse. Just as it thought it could take it anymore the bird managed to get out the sticky slime that once were the mistletoe-berries. And as the bird sat there shitting, the sticky slime adhered to the branch where a new mistletoe should grow next year...

So i ask you now... who won? who won? stupid bird...

Ok seriously now. I really like my plants. Ohhh and almost forgot my single most nerdiest hobby. I'm actually collecting and press-drying plants (yes like little kids like to collect and press-dry different leafs and stuff but in a more serious way). My herbarium (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbarium, just in case you never heard of herbariums) currently contains over 200 species and i'm constantly adding more.

Hope i didn't disturb you ;)

Edited by Mogri

On 1.3.2017 at 5:24 PM, Lilaina said:

Welcome to the forums. :)

My hobbies/interests include reading (fantasy, scifi, horror mostly), RPG:s, winter sports, floorball, gardening, formula 1, jigsaw puzzles, movies and many others.

I'm from Finland and I'm a second year student of English philology + psychology as a minor, and I'm currently writing my bachelor's thesis. I want to be an actress but my CV remains depressingly short.

@ilovecats will hate me for this but I don't particularly like cats, or any pets for that matter. Mostly I just tolerate them.

Alliance is my faction of choice. I like hunters and most hybrid classes. I've barely touched warriors, rogues or shamans during all these years. I started playing during early BC.

( ^_^)/

are you real??

Posted (edited)

On 9. 3. 2017 at 6:30 PM, Mogri said:

teacher for biology and math (yeah i know...)

YOU KNOW WHAT? WHAT'S BAD ABOUT BIOLOGY AND MATH?!

Seriously. If an extremely shitty teacher didn't want our class my second year, I would've probably graduated middleschool from biology.

Before that, I was pretty much all about animals and plants (and popular science). Funny how one person who spends 50 minutes out of 45-minute class period by reading shit you have to copy down can make you totally unmotivated to do anything in that field ever again :D.

40 minutes ago, redjones said:

are you real??

Actually no, she's Darkrasp's alter ego. Whenever he feels stressed, he flies over and pretends he's a student girl.

Edited by Xaverius

2 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Seriously. If an extremely shitty teacher didn't want our class my second year, I would've probably graduated middleschool from biology.

Before that, I was pretty much all about animals and plants (and popular science). Funny how one person who spends 50 minutes out of 45-minute class period by reading shit you have to copy down can make you totally unmotivated to do anything in that field ever again :D.

Actually no, she's Darkrasp's alter ego. Whenever he feels stressed, he flies over and pretends he's a student girl.

Someone in Reddit said she look Photoshopped.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Xaverius said:

In my experience biology is more or less liked as a subject in school. Math not so much ;). Whenever i talk to people about their experience with that subject in school it goes like "woahh math... i hated it". Sometimes it's even considered "cool" if you were bad in math in school, which makes me kind of sad.

Stories like yours make me sad too. It's true that bored unmotivated teachers can destroy any enthusiasm towards a subject (experienced it myself in school). Many studies indicate that by the way: Teaching methods, cool material and all is really good and helpful to have but in the end a huge deal comes down to what kind of person the teacher is.

Edited by Mogri

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Mogri said:

Teaching methods, cool material and all is really good to have and also kind of important but in the end a huge deal comes down to what kind of person the teacher is.

Well, she wasn't bored, in fact she was quite into the subject. A bit too much. Tried to put across an absolute maximum of info, which manifested as, well, writing stuff 90 % of the time. The teacher before that talked with the class, actually said stuff with his own words, asked questions, joked here and there. Truly, sometimes the approach is everything.

As for math, well, I liked math, I kinda sucked at it, but I liked it (same thing with physics, where I liked solving equations but absolutely hated writing reports - everyone copied my numbers, I copied their preface and conclusions). I graduated middleschool from math over social sciences*, because fuck that, I'd rather remember 30 formulas than 80 pages of text and math excercises at least usually make sense.
(Of course, I also graduated from history, which some could argue is the same thing as social sciences, but hell no. History is a collection of stories of humanity, some of them are legends, some actually happened, some are skirting the border. But most of them are pretty interesting regardless. Oh and sometimes there's a date, but thank god I didn't have one of those teachers who goes by name-date, name-date.)

*while never doing terribly bad in SS (hue), I got the feeling over time, that the subject exists solely to fill empty periods that are left when a class gets called off unexpectedly

Edited by Xaverius

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Xaverius said:

Well, she wasn't bored, in fact she was quite into the subject. A bit too much. Tried to put across an absolute maximum of info, which manifested as, well, writing stuff 90 % of the time.

Sounds like someone who should have started to teach at University, doing lectures ;)

Edited by Mogri

6 hours ago, redjones said:

are you real??

I think so.

3 hours ago, redjones said:

Someone in Reddit said she look Photoshopped.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Hi everyone!

I'm a 26 yo physics student. I wouldn't consider myself as a gamer since I hardly play, but this PTE project hooked me up.. I'm always pretty busy with uni stuff, but when I have some free time I play the guitar, read books (mostly politics and econ stuff), draw or paint.  Since I live in a small one person apartment I don't own any dogs or cats. But I would love to have a turtle^^

Hey!Late to the party but i'll post it anyways.I am a 14 yo gamer that found out about WOW when i was 8 and was hooked to it.When i hit 12 i understood english really well i found out about private servers and started playing on one(dalaranwow).After my time there i found out about Crestfall and have been lurking here since July already.

The people here are fucking amazing and i am glad i found out about this project.