Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Planks

What would you add/remove from expansions after TBC?

30 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this the other day. Blizzard pushed a lot of features that may or may not have had an negative effect on the game. What do you think?

I think we didn't need dungeon finder in woltk or raid finder in cata. Or maybe no teleport to dungeons. Because of the groups finders no one left the capital city. The world was empty. Where as before people would always be traveling to raids/dungeons. The world itself felt more alive.

Ulduar Hard modes please. They were amazing. Instead we got the on/off switch laziest design choice ever.

Posted (edited)

Along with raid and dungeon finder I'd also remove some (if not all) of the newer teleportation methods. Y'know, the guild summoning thing comes to mind. Summoning stones are kinda obvious since I'd remove dungeon finder too.

To an extent I'd also kinda like to see flying completely removed even from Outland. That'd be a lot more of an extreme change since I know Outland is designed around flying. I'm happy enough with flying being restricted to Outland and just never seeing it on Azeroth.

I'd make leveling closer to what it is in Vanilla. By that I mean I'd just change it so that it's more of an adventure again rather than a boring watered down chore before endgame. Now, although I do personally like the leveling experience in Vanilla (lynch me) I realize a lot of people like it for the feeling of adventure that it provides rather than the mechanics behind it. So what I'd do is I'd change it in a way that makes it more challening as to promote player interactions and having memorable struggles that are rewarding once you get through them, more lengthy as to make endgame more of an actual goal/achievement rather than something every tool has access to within 4 hours of starting their character, a lot less streamlined which goes hand in hand with the removal of easily accessable teleportation methods. Of course I haven't said just how I'd make it more challenging and that's because I don't know. At least not exactly. I obviously haven't sat down and thought about how I'd completely rebalance the game, or at least the leveling experience, in later expansions, but the general idea of making it more challenging as a whole seems good enough. I guess that generally means somehow making it so that you can't tank 5 mobs at once and win, among other things. In all honesty I'd be happy to see the same kind of leveling that Vanilla has. I'm personally very happy with it but I realize a lot of people aren't. At least not with it's mechanics. Anyway, enough about that.

Now this is a bizarre idea... alright, sit down for this one. This is crazy. Are you ready? Make sure you're ready.

*deep breath*

I'd add more or at the very least keep the original number of RPG elements such as poison making, necessary ammo, visiting actual trainers to learn skills, having to actually read quest text rather than looking at a giant circle on your map, having to actually go out into the world and hunt for rare recipes in various ways ranging from buying them from a certain vendor or doing special quests for them, having to actually run around in the world instead of flying/teleporting like a total fuccboi who then goes to the forum and complains that "there's nobody playing and the game is dying" while in reality it's just the fact that everyone's flying around at different altitudes so they can't see eachother etc, rather than removing them for no real reason other than to appeal to people who care about nothing but stroking their e-peen all day in Mythic raids and Battlegrounds.

*deep breath*

Woah, that really is crazy. To be completely honest now that I think about it it's a really stupid idea. Who would ever want any of that? Obviously Blizzard didn't keep these things in the game so they must be bad. All that stupid shit like reagents being needed for some spells and having to raise your weapon skill before being able to use it properly is just getting in the way of muh mythic raid! What is this? A roleplaying game? Bah.

There might be more stuff I'd change/add/remove but I'm already afraid someone'll jump at me for what I've said so far. In any case, as I've said before, I'll continue playing the game even in later expansions despite all these things that I dislike about them. I go where the majority of the community goes. You guys want Pandaland? I'm with you. You guys want... ugh... WoD...? Sure. I won't complain about any of the things mentioned above. Promise.

Edited by VeloxBanks

Keep the expansions how they are. People are going to bitch no matter what you do since people like different things from different expansions. At least this way there is no unnecessary drama of people always trying to campaign for what they want and at the same time completely deriding anyone who suggests a change that they don't want for being unblizzlike. There are tons of things from each and every expansion I have loved and things I haven't.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I don't think LFG and LFR would have been nearly as detrimental if they had been tied to just one server. If people knew they would see the people they are running the dungeons with again they would not be nearly as toxic as they turned into. They also wouldnt have as many people who didn't say a word since there was no point to make a connection with the people in your group that you wont ever run into again. 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

You guys want Pandaland?

That would mean we somehow manage to survive Cata though.

As for me, I'd definitely remove (aka things in life I hate the most):

1. kebab
1. Cataclysm - it's a shit expansion with shit content for shit people and the new models look mostly like shit, the water is shit and behaves more like jellified motor oil, also they scapped Path of the Titans and the rest of archaeology was grindy as shit, raid finder is shit, probably added in only so shitty draenei deathknights and nelf mages can raid too, as well as artificially inflating the end content grind (QED in ICC), which is shitty, btw, nobody needs to run the same instance on 4 levels of difficulty, when the gear that drops is incredibly shitty and it's absolutely identical on all the difficulties, except when you go higher difficulty level, you don't get [incredibly shitty gear +6000], you get [incredibly shitty gear +6001], it's almost like the designers just gave up and vomited three models for each armor proficiency and then shat them all over the instances and never changed anything, furthermore, the boss of the expansion is a shitty McEdgy emo dragon made of orange juice to pull in the sub-10 years old demographic I presume, the story is shitty and doesn't even make sense half of the time, the most esteemed and powerful member of the church of Light lost all hope and got corrupted because an overgrown lava lamp landed on Stormwind, but sure, let's be extra shitty and fuck up our already fucked up story and let him go insane while also infiltrating the church, ermagerd, so klevar, also professions got simplified to utter shit, want to craft anything, lol, there's exactly ONE thing to make it from and it drops EVERYWHERE, you wanna cook, cool, what are ingredients, you ask, never heard of them, oh wait, do this shitty daily quest for cocoa beans so you can even skill up to cook any endgame recipe, yea, that's right, the quests give skill ups, same with fishing, who do you think I am, a blind quadruple amputee with down syndrome, thank you very much, I can catch my own fish, talking about down syndrome, don't even get me started on Garrosh and the whole storyline, he was an ok character even though he spent the entire TBC being emo and the entire wotlk being a pissed off teenager, but at least he had some leadership qualities, despite being shitty at his job, so he probably could stop being so shitty and stop being like gas the trolls race war now, and he might develop as a person as well as a warchief, but nooo, of all the 454687578 times playerbase wanted us to do something, let's listen to them now, take their shitty whining that they don't like him and completely throw out anything he might've learned and go straight the fuck back to the angsty litte shit he was on wotlk, and now he's nuking the Japan and I know this isn't Cata, but then you fucks finally let the idiots who started this in the first place kill him and lolnope, he's gonna go to TRIAL, what do you thinkg the sentence will be, right now it's pretty much death, what will you do to him that you need to propely judge all his crimes, ARE YOU GONNA SUPER KILL HIM, oh look, he escaped, who would even expect this and now there's a new expansion, what you mean you want to know how the hell did he get from being killed in his throne room to trying to sort out his daddy issues, just read a book or something, lol, we didn't feel like introducing story into our games, look, Blizzard, just do me a service and try to die painfully.

2. Deathknights - overpowered edgelords whose kewl factor is reaching undead rogue levels. Not to mention that they don't really fit. The event where you got through [insert so-called faction capital here] and people throw fruits and gnomes at you is cool, but if it was true to the lore, it wouldn't be tomatoes getting thrown at you, but stones, spears and fireballs. And then you'd be dead. AND NOBODY WOULD MISS YOU. Honestly, if blizzard wanted a neutral faction, they could've gone with blood/high elves in TBC. Those were ideal. But no.

3. Draenei - never too late to do this. The orcs did a pretty solid job, but it, sadly, wasn't enough.

4. Raid difficulty levels. Seriously. I am still mindfucked as to how the hell does ICC (IceCream Castle) work, also this systems makes it an unbelievably tedious farm forever raid. No surprise there though, wotlk had three raid tiers and only the first one was good. Note: Thou shalt not count Naxxramas amongst wotlk raids and thou shalt disavow its existence as its merely a cheap chinese knockoff of the real thing.

5. I am pretty sure we don't need millions of currency types.

6. We also don't need thousands of daily quest hubs.

7. Talking about hubs, let's stop putting quests into clusters and having 10 clusters in the zone, each with its own flightpoint, and especially let's stop directly connecting those clusters with a scripted method of transport so you never have to stop going completely linearly or think for a second.

8. You know what, just remove the entire Garrosh trilogy (The Rise of Garrosh, The Wrath of Garrosh and The Legacy of Garrosh, in EUSA known as Cata, MoP and WoD) and rename Legion to WoW 2 so I don't have to spend time recounting all the things Legion does wrong.

9. 70 % of Legion is fanservice. Just stop, Blizzard, go and focus on making more clones of popular mobas and arena fighters and on pretending that hearthstone is a real game and that you didn't ruin Diablo and Starcraft.

EDIT:
10. Anyone else absolutely hates how Blizzard seems intent on putting as little story into their games as humanly possible, instead comissioning highschool-grade authors to shit out books? One only has to look at the Emerald Dream. And no, Legion doesn't count. That was unnecessary.

Kudos to King though, Illidan the book does a pretty good job at eliminating Knaak's damage (by not mentioning anything from that clusterfuck) as well as explaining what the hell went on during TBC. Of course, the bit near the ending is horrible, but that's just Metzen's creative authority and overlordship oversight manifesting itself in the most tired and fanfiction-like way.

Apart from that, the book cool, which is good, as TBC is a prime example of this, having about 15 on a scale from 1 to 100 when it comes to story. Also you learn demonhunters are actually pretty cool people, running around on the worlds of the Burning Legion and raping demons who offer no resistance, as demon hutners (like dwarves) are too angry to be stopped.
Shame that ingame they attract the same kind of edgelords DKs, undead and regular hunters do.

Edited by Xaverius

Posted (edited)

@Xaverius

7/8 m8

Agree with most of what you said.  Main thing I enjoyed in Cata was pvp, but then I was a mage, so I doubt everyone feels the same way.

Edited by Humperdink

i enjoyed Cata because it was the last time our group sort of played together, so i have pretty fond memories of it

i really liked cata heroics at the start and the way rep gain worked with the tabards, i still hate multiple raid difficulties and i only played up to the first raid, so i don't know anything about the rest of cata

what i would like removed aside from things that people already mentioned

Daily Quests - these completely changed the economy, devalued the currency and made it so that people who login everyday for an hour had much more gold that someone who tended to play in bursts, it was also used as an artifical slowdown of rep grind

Transmog - if I'm fighting someone, I want to know what kind of gear he wears, you would obviously be more careful against warrior in t2.5 + pvp gear than someone in ragged stuff and IBS

Class identity. Absurd numbers of aoe mechanics in raids. I don't think raid and dungeon finder is a terrible idea I just think the community exploited it. Letting people who don't have the free time experience the content is fine with me, I wouldn't have experienced any of MoP without it. 

My main issue is the removal of talent trees, class homogenization, and the changing of raid mechanics which really dilute the mmo feel of raiding, it's no longer about preparation and planning but more about a singular effort of dodging aoe while maximizing damage output, it's become incredibly tedious and distant from the mmo feel

-No Dung finder. The late wotlk till now version of it. The tbc/early wotlk verion was not so bad.

-No Raid finder

-Raids 10 OR 25 man (like in TBC), no heroic or mythic bullshit, just optional bosses or hardmodes for pros 

-Cataclysm without stupid nerfs that ruined it

-More difficult WOTLK heroics and T7 raids (especially naxx)

-TOTC (wotlk T9 "raid") - kill it with fire

-I'd like to see BE in alliance and Draenei (W3 version of them) in the Horde

-Goblins in the Horde from the beginning, Forsaken as a neutral race

-No flying mounts which killed world pvp

Pretty much all of it is impossible to do but I'd love to see a pristine Wotlk or Cata server without dung/raid finder someday. Boy can dream.

Personally i would start with changing a couple of things in TBC that would effect the other expansions:

- Remove space goats, replace with Worgen, which feels way better as a playable race. To give alliance shamens, dwarves would be allowed to roll shamen.
- Make small/large raids go a better scalable size in relation to each other. Fx 10 man for small, 20 for big, or preferable 15 man and 30 man.
- Add some kind of dual spec mechanism. Could be done with a reagent requirement, fx Scroll of XxX, which cost 25 gold in TBC. This would keep the gold dump, and most likely be used more then respecs.
- Remove flying mounts. Somehow fix the world. Only real problem here would be Netherstorm and its dungeons/raids.

Bring these changes into WotLK what could be changed would be:
- Remove Deathknights
- Keep raids 1 size
- Remove TotC raid and replace with something else.
- Remake talent trees to better match the 71 points. Comparing the WotLK trees to Vanilla, some cool stuff was added, but always felt sad that you couldnt go deep into two trees like it felt like in vanilla(20/31 is 2/5 of points spend in a secondary tree).
- Remove inscription, useless professions, which was added only too make it feel like you have more choice.

Posted (edited)

for WotLK, I would remove:

titan's grip

LFD

LFR

badges, all of them

tier tokens

arenas

10 man versions of all raids except UBRS

naxx

most loot from trial of the crusader, but not the 5-man

faction changes

race changes

gender changes

revamped onyxia

90% of gold given at max level by quests, including daily quests

achievements

dual-spec, no I am not high

every man for himself, or whatever that human racial was called

shadowmourne

the cutscene after the lich king dies

other WotLK changes:

I'd add 5+ minute cooldown and very limited duration for flying mounts, starting when you fly

I'd reduce the item levels of the loot dropped in every heroic dungeon introduced after 3.1.0 to those of heroic nexus

naxx would be replaced with the scrapped azjol raid, to be introduced in 3.2.0

old naxx would stay

3.0.0 would introduce an underwater raid; the lich king had been amassing an underwater army in secret, and during the scourge invasion event, they were found out by the nagas, who told the alliance and horde about them, you'll wanna bring a warlock

the ToC raid would still exist, but have far less loot and exclude the final boss, and you would only get to fight 1 boss in a reset of the dungeon, chosen at random; furthermore, you would be saved to the raid when the boss spawns, and the boss won't spawn with less than 20 players

a hard mode would be added to every WotLK raid boss except those in ulduar, which I think already had one, though for all I know a few didn't have one

the size of the cut taken by the auction house when something is bought there would be additively increased by 5%

all socket bonuses would have their effects multiplied by 1.5, rounded down

that one buff and all of its variants that gives .25% of your total mana per second would be nerfed to giving 10 points of mana per second

the threat generated by tanks would be lowered by at least 20% of retail 3.3.5 values

fury warriors would get heroic leap as their 51 point talent, but instead of selecting an area to leap to, they would change their location as a mage does when blink is casted

lifeblood would be changed to make you receive 20% more hp when healed while active

the alien goat racial, heroism, would be nerfed to give a 5% chance to not get feared instead of 1% hit chance's worth of hit rating

tauren would gain mace specialization

frostmourne would have a teeny tiny chance to drop off of hard mode lich king, but you also need to have an item in your bags that is obtained by a multi-raid-spanning means in order to wield frostmourne without having an 80% chance every minute to be possessed for a minute by evil spirits that were attracted to icecrown citadel's tremendous evil

frostmourne has a tiny chance on hit to turn the enemy into your ally for a minute, which can't be controlled like a hunter pet; there are many enemies that it won't work on, not including players below level 81

Edited by Aquane

Why do people want to remove things like dual spec, death knights, and titans grip? 

Dual spec allows farming and still is quite the gold sink at 1000g. Farming mats and doing dailies as a lvl 70 healer in tbc is horseshit. It's part of what detracts players from rolling non dps roles. Don't be a masochist lol.

also death knights, I get it, they start out faceroll, but it's leveling content and tbh I've never felt it was THAT much more easy as a DK compared to say, a hunter or pally. In the raid scene they do high dps early on and practically stay there for the whole xpac, they've always been a horrible scaling class, it's part of the game to have ezmode dps for early tiers that scales for shit and then the inverse. 

And why no titans grip? What's wrong with that? It gave fury warriors the identity they deserve man, the spec that deals the epic numbers and has he epic class fantasy of a dual wielding plate wearing berserker should naturally be able to dual wield bigger weapons than the thief class. 

8 minutes ago, MardestyGS said:

Dual spec allows farming and still is quite the gold sink at 1000g. Farming mats and doing dailies as a lvl 70 healer in tbc is horseshit. It's part of what detracts players from rolling non dps roles. Don't be a masochist lol.

I'll just give my 2 cents about this.

I think the reason why a lot of people are against dual spec (my judgement is reserved) is that it somewhat eliminates part of what made classes special in the early days. The fact that your class in combination with whatever spec you choose has pros and cons. Things you can and cannot do.

"Hey, you're a healer but want to farm? No problem! With dual spec you can dish out top notch heals and farm for days!" Get what I'm saying? I don't even know if this is the reason why people dislike it but it's what I'd have against it. Not saying I'm against it as to avoid getting my ass bit over opinions, but if.

I'd imagen this ties in with people (myself included) wanting the respec costs to stay as they are. A lot of people don't want to be able to jump left and right between specs and dual spec is pretty much that only it technically costs even less since you only have to pay for it once so it's even worse. It's another one of those "quality of life" "improvements" that slowly amassed and ruined the game. Eyy, let's add dual spec! Nothing wrong with a little quality of life improvement, eh? What's that? Instant teleportation to all your guildies? Sure! What's the harm in another small QoL feature, right? And so on and so on until the game is nothing but a pile of "small" and "insignificant" "improvements".

Some people think you should have to actually commit to whatever class/spec you play. To live with and handle it's drawbacks, or otherwise pay out the ass for a respec. Some people don't think you should be able to press a button and get a completely new set of capabilities in the blink of an eye.

Just my 2 cents and absolutely nothing more. Might not even be facts at all.

20 hours ago, Xaverius said:

1. Cataclysm - it's a shit expansion with shit content for shit people and the new models look mostly like shit, the water is shit and behaves more like jellified motor oil, also they scapped Path of the Titans and the rest of archaeology was grindy as shit, raid finder is shit, probably added in only so shitty draenei deathknights and nelf mages can raid too, as well as artificially inflating the end content grind (QED in ICC), which is shitty, btw, nobody needs to run the same instance on 4 levels of difficulty, when the gear that drops is incredibly shitty and it's absolutely identical on all the difficulties, except when you go higher difficulty level, you don't get [incredibly shitty gear +6000], you get [incredibly shitty gear +6001], it's almost like the designers just gave up and vomited three models for each armor proficiency and then shat them all over the instances and never changed anything, furthermore, the boss of the expansion is a shitty McEdgy emo dragon made of orange juice to pull in the sub-10 years old demographic I presume, the story is shitty and doesn't even make sense half of the time, the most esteemed and powerful member of the church of Light lost all hope and got corrupted because an overgrown lava lamp landed on Stormwind, but sure, let's be extra shitty and fuck up our already fucked up story and let him go insane while also infiltrating the church, ermagerd, so klevar, also professions got simplified to utter shit, want to craft anything, lol, there's exactly ONE thing to make it from and it drops EVERYWHERE, you wanna cook, cool, what are ingredients, you ask, never heard of them, oh wait, do this shitty daily quest for cocoa beans so you can even skill up to cook any endgame recipe, yea, that's right, the quests give skill ups, same with fishing, who do you think I am, a blind quadruple amputee with down syndrome, thank you very much, I can catch my own fish, talking about down syndrome, don't even get me started on Garrosh and the whole storyline, he was an ok character even though he spent the entire TBC being emo and the entire wotlk being a pissed off teenager, but at least he had some leadership qualities, despite being shitty at his job, so he probably could stop being so shitty and stop being like gas the trolls race war now, and he might develop as a person as well as a warchief, but nooo, of all the 454687578 times playerbase wanted us to do something, let's listen to them now, take their shitty whining that they don't like him and completely throw out anything he might've learned and go straight the fuck back to the angsty litte shit he was on wotlk, and now he's nuking the Japan and I know this isn't Cata, but then you fucks finally let the idiots who started this in the first place kill him and lolnope, he's gonna go to TRIAL, what do you thinkg the sentence will be, right now it's pretty much death, what will you do to him that you need to propely judge all his crimes, ARE YOU GONNA SUPER KILL HIM, oh look, he escaped, who would even expect this and now there's a new expansion, what you mean you want to know how the hell did he get from being killed in his throne room to trying to sort out his daddy issues, just read a book or something, lol, we didn't feel like introducing story into our games, look, Blizzard, just do me a service and try to die painfully.

3. Draenei - never too late to do this. The orcs did a pretty solid job, but it, sadly, wasn't enough.

6. We also don't need thousands of daily quest hubs.

7. Talking about hubs, let's stop putting quests into clusters and having 10 clusters in the zone, each with its own flightpoint, and especially let's stop directly connecting those clusters with a scripted method of transport so you never have to stop going completely linearly or think for a second.

1. NO. Seriously. Can we please get your TRUE feelings on Cata? (The hand holding/linear approach to EVERYTHING old world KILLED ever leveling another toon for me)

3. Drannies arn't THAT bad... giving the Ally a Shaman was a good choice.

6/7... the only BAD things with TBC.  And the whole daily hubs wasn't that big of a deal.  But how every little FP had 4-10 quests to go along with it was kind of a good thing at first... and then a world killer later.  Outland... with a more old world approach of questing would be perfect.  But to hate on TBC is... well... nah, keep TBC. It was my beginning.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Ugondiss said:

1. NO. Seriously. Can we please get your TRUE feelings on Cata? (The hand holding/linear approach to EVERYTHING old world KILLED ever leveling another toon for me)

3. Drannies arn't THAT bad... giving the Ally a Shaman was a good choice.

6/7... the only BAD things with TBC.  And the whole daily hubs wasn't that big of a deal.  But how every little FP had 4-10 quests to go along with it was kind of a good thing at first... and then a world killer later.  Outland... with a more old world approach of questing would be perfect.  But to hate on TBC is... well... nah, keep TBC. It was my beginning.

Ad 1: Yes, that too. There's simply so many things wrong wtih Cataclysm that I can't remember them all. Kinda addressed in point seven though.
Ad 3: We have dwarves. Dwarves could've been perfectly good shamans.
Ad 6: Yes, TBC was my beginning too. That's why I mind the lack of lore. I mean, raids were ridiculous. SSC had nearly no info about it, with the quests boiling down to "they're pumping out the water" and any and all further info was provided by Vashj right before you killed her.

Edited by Xaverius

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Shame that ingame they attract the same kind of edgelords regular hunters do.

What?

If I hear or see the word "Mythic" once more, it's not going to be pretty. How can someone enjoy reusing and running the same content a million times? And defend it saying it's good design?

The special snowflake story progress makes me cringe. I rolled a worgen druid in Legion. I played for a bit but then decided to use the level 100 boost anyway because I just wanted to oneshot the Lich King before my "free time" runs out.

I was just a no-name druid, I used the boost, I went through the tutorial/Broken Shore scenario, and was teleported to the new Dalaran. While I was running around the tiny town I know so well from my Wrath time trying to - unsuccessfully - find a way out and down onto the Isle, a class NPC was following me, he had a quest for me. It turned out that Malfurion himself requests my presence because my assistance in his ritual is crucial if it's to succeed. Wow. I couldn't believe my eyes. But then every other player walks around with Arch-[class] and Savior of Azeroth titles.

There are many changes I don't like, but I just can't get over this.

Edit: I ended up not one-shotting the LK because boosted characters can't jump into old content right away. I rolled a paladin, it felt like am asian MMO rogue class, and eventually I stopped logging in and my free time ran out.

At least I saw Anduin, he's a lovely, clever boy and I'm proud of him.

Edited by ilovecats

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

I think the reason why a lot of people are against dual spec (my judgement is reserved) is that it somewhat eliminates part of what made classes special in the early days.

Dual spec was only really needed on vanilla when healers couldn't do damage to a mob to save themselves (literally).

7 minutes ago, ilovecats said:

a class NPC was following me

For some reason I imagined the adoring fan from Oblivion and shivers went down my spine.

Of course he needs you, you are the most bestest druidest druid. Just don't tell all the other most bestest druidest druids.
It also nicely destroys fun for roleplayers who adhered to the canon storyline. God forbid two people of the same class ever meet now.

Good old Blizzard homogenization (homoblizzation). Their singleplayer games need online connection and have seasons, while their MMORPG changed into a singleplayer campaign.

Edited by Xaverius

Hahah, ilovecats, wait until a couple expansions forward, players have probably killed Sargeras, the one who splits planets with a sword. Players walking around with THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE -titles.

Aaaand then, new expansion comes out after those passed events. After slaying gods and planet-sized foes, you enter the new expansion areas with your godlike godly godness abilities/experiences and start hitting local fauna with your rewards from killing godlike beings, finding a challenge killing lvl134 Wolf, looting Decayed stick of the Eagle and your gear looking like you took a dive to the nearest landfill site.

6 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

Dual spec was only really needed on vanilla when healers couldn't do damage to a mob to save themselves (literally).

Asking someone else for help comes to mind. In my eyes dual spec really only encourages the "do everything yourself even though you're playing an MMO" mindset.

I do suppose not being able to kill mobs is quite the stretch so I'll give it that. Still... I thought healers could still dish out some decent heals in 5 mans even with their DPS/leveling spec. If I'm right about that then it's another problem out of the way. And one less excuse for dual spec being added as a feature. Again, if I'm correct.

2 minutes ago, Xaverius said:

For some reason I imagined the adoring fan from Oblivion and shivers went down my spine.

Never played it, I kinda can't get into Elder Scrolls lore and games.

Now that my mind is clearer, I can touch on some of the other stuff.

Arcane Missiles is my favourite spell in the game, despite me not playing mages a lot. And then they broke it in Cata, so that you have to use other spells first in order to enable the Missiles! What a steaming pile of shite! 

And then almost every class got a secondary resource like Eclipse or Holy Power. Why??? I want to use the spells want! This really makes me angry. Even focus for hunters, which at first glance seems like a good idea, turns out to be equally crap. When hunters had mana, you could spam abilities until you ran out of it. And with focus, you use two shots and are forced to spam a filler in order to replenish it. RAGE!!!

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, thimoe said:

and your gear looking like you took a dive to the nearest landfill site

Most any gear looks like that since late wotlk.
That's why there is a legit reason for transmog to exist.

As for the wolf, well, the wolf is not just a wolf, it's a VOID wolf.
A world of difference, that one :P.

4 minutes ago, VeloxBanks said:

Asking someone else for help comes to mind.

I found that people don't like helping me farm a thing for 6 hours straight. No idea why.

6 minutes ago, ilovecats said:

I kinda can't get into Elder Scrolls lore and games.

Well, for me it's the only series besides Warcraft where I can sort of keep up. Also it's amazing at times. Lots of crazy metaphysical stuff and an occasional time paradox that you don't even have to see, ever, unless you look under the straight fantasy facade.

Edited by Xaverius

Just now, Xaverius said:

I found that people don't like helping me farm a thing for 6 hours straight. No idea why.

Did you try rerolling a female nelf?

On 3/1/2017 at 5:15 PM, Aquane said:

3.0.0 would introduce an underwater raid; the lich king had been amassing an underwater army in secret, and during the scourge invasion event, they were found out by the nagas, who told the alliance and horde about them, you'll wanna bring a warlock

No, please no water levels, Crestfall is innocent, it deserves better

On 3/1/2017 at 5:15 PM, Aquane said:

the cutscene after the lich king dies

Tell them all that LGN is dead, and Shenna died with it

On 3/2/2017 at 0:16 AM, Xaverius said:

Well, for me it's the only series besides Warcraft where I can sort of keep up. Also it's amazing at times. Lots of crazy metaphysical stuff and an occasional time paradox that you don't even have to see, ever, unless you look under the straight fantasy facade.

Oh yeah? Do tell~