Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xaywynn

Server Support from Players

Hi Guys I'm new around here. I Have been playing wow since about 2 months after launch of Vanilla. I was thinking about how best to support the server and our make the devs not have to worry about the problems that can arise from figuring out how to pay the bills. I'm sure people are going to weigh in on my idea with negativity, some people always will. I don't know if I plan on creating a guild or joining someone else's and contributing to them, but I plan to try and organize something were we take ownership of it. The Whole idea of PTE is that our investments in our characters is rewarded, and we get to keep progressing them forward, re-live the old content... and wondering if the project is gonna continue makes people worried to invest their time.

My proposal to my guild, and after that try to get other guilds to follow suit will be to collect money internally to pay for the server. If you have a raiding guild you have atleast 40-50 people committed to raiding and want to play the game. If each member of the raid team pays 2 dollars a month, $8 a quarter, $32 a year to play wow they will be able to pay for the servers hosting and costs once every 3 months. If I can convince 3 other guilds to follow suit and alternate when we pay, the server will be completely funded, and no single player will pay more then 2 bucks a month. If we could get more then a couple guilds involved each guild might only be responsible 2 times a year... Who can't afford 16 bucks a year to play the game they love.

Anyways it's just my 2 cents, and just something I was thinking I might try and organize once the game launches.

This topic was/is discussed somewhere else already. I just want to say that some people do not like the idea of having to contribute money towards something. While I understand this is not a lot, in my opinion the best idea is to leave it to an individual to decide whether or not they want to donate, and if so, how much.

I personally already said that if CF launches and delivers the quality they promised, I'm giving £20 on the very start. It doesn't look like much, but £20 more for CF is £20 less for retail kek bur

People don't have to like having to contribute.... nobody likes paying for anything, but we do cause it's worth it.  It's good to know that there are people out there who want to do this as well. this idea is also better if there they have hosting that won't accept partial payments, it's rough for any one user to Donate 350 for a months service.

when server releases and when CF decides to accept donations i will be putting up a $15 reccuring monthly donation for as long as i'll be playing and i challenge everyone that enjoys the service given to do the same with whatever amount they feel comfortable with :)

At the very least it would be logical to cover the hosting costs with donations if possible. They're putting in their time into this, the money could come from our side.

Maybe some sort of bar that shows how much more is needed to cover the next month's hosting could help, although it shouldn't be on plain view as many people would mistake it for desperation and a "server in shambles". Dunno how that would work with Blizzard around though, those lunatics will look at anything to grasp at once they target a server, although Nostalrius didn't even have donations available and went down anyway.

5 years to make then blizzard shuts it down after a few weeks 😂 that would be well rekt.