Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jai

Aloha o/

Hello fellow oldschool wow lovers,

I'm Jai, i hail from alittle town up north (UK). I played wow from release through to Wotlk/cata (and one marriage :/ ) lost interest around this time due to it not resembling the game that wow'd me (sry) that i had fell in love with.

Always wanted to relive the vanilla experience but knew very little of the pserver scene. Recently i came across elysium and then CF.

I'll definitely be calling CF home (if you'll have me lol) I'm not one for drama and here the attitude/spirit etc from the staff/community seems excellent and welcoming.

I dont have a great deal of time to play at the minute but i do have some low level toons rolling around Darrowshire that I'll mosey along with till CF's release.

I always rolled alliance so this time I'll be taking a Horde all the way on Zul'Dare, I've done my time on pvp servers, more of a pipe n slippers guy these days :D

Thanks for reading,

Jai

o/

Welcome to the club! Good to see that interest in the PVE server is still growing.

Disregard the drama you see on r/wowservers. Infact disregard that place altogether and just enjoy the part of the community that doesn't spend all day arguing over how others play the game. Your sanity will thank you.

Back in 2004 i was heavily into counterstrike and i can remember afew clannies talking about this warcraft game that was coming out and how awesome it was going to be. I couldnt believe that you had to pay a sub each month to play it lol.

Anyways took the plunge, we called our guild 'The Nerd Herd', for some reason we got abit of abuse ingame for that name :) I rolled a human pally and tried levelling him as holy, I'm sure back then the 31 point talent was something about smiting the undead which i though was well cool, i know <-- total noob lol. Stuck with him as holy till lvl 46 then finally gave up and rolled a mage, pewpew much more my style. Once we all realised our little guild wasnt going to be up to much end game we merged with 'The Half Pint Heroes' and formed 'Organised Chaos' which i stuck with for the majority of my wow career, good times. When BC dropped the guild asked for some ppl to reroll shaman, so when they were doing 60-70 i did 1-70 as a draenei. Think i did it in just over 8 days played. Did a fair bit of raiding as ele, more pewpew lol. Everybody loved heroism :D

But then slowly blizzard managed to fk up their own game :/

Hope that didnt bore you :D

Jai

Posted (edited)

I think you'd be surprised how well your story mirrors that of other people here. I like hearing other peoples' experiences though, and mentioning counter-strike makes me nostalgic for the days of fun servers and clans and such. I was pretty heavily into that game around the same time aswell.

Modern fps games don't quite capture the intimacy and community that the original CS did.

Edited by Malediction

Welcome!

I didn't realize you barbarians had more than 56kb dial ups there "oop narf"!

;) 

10 hours ago, Malediction said:

Modern fps games don't quite capture the intimacy and community that the original CS did.

I started with cs 1.5 then the life of 1.6 till source landed, i couldnt get to grips with cs:s it just didnt feel right ie shot registry, recoil etc

We were active in Enemydown, had our own server n community. Fri/sat nights were booze nights where we put alltalk on and everyone had a laugh. Some fond memories :D

6 hours ago, Elicas said:

Welcome!

I didn't realize you barbarians had more than 56kb dial ups there "oop narf"!

;) 

Haha i managed to avoid the whole dial up headache, i didnt get into pc's etc until i built my own (with some help) around 2001 and i was able to get a big phat 512kb/1meg broadband pipe to my house :D

And just cos us northerners are still walking round in t-shirts when its 10 degrees does not make us barbarians lol :D