Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asura

Project Update - July 17th, 2016

52 posts in this topic

Sounds good, and most importantly honest. I've told my dirty retail friends launch would be end 2016 and would still be happy with an early 2017 launch.

There's a lot of stuff we can do in the meantime community wise to fill in the gaps. As you prepare, so do we.

It's going to be great.

7 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

It's going to be great.

We're going to build a server, and make <insert other server here> pay for it.

We're gonna make emulation great again.

11 minutes ago, Asura said:

Nice play of words :D hue hue hue xD

Thanks for your update, was very excited while reading it. 

It sounds soooo great ! I am very excited about this update ^_^

Sounds good. You're doing a great job, and I can't wait to see all this in action.

Good to hear you're being positive. That makes me positive aswell. I also appreciate the honesty. Very, very much infact. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Asura said:

We're going to build a server, and make <insert other server here> pay for it.

Build a (fire)wall and make Nostalrius pay for it!

On 17.7.2016 at 6:16 PM, Asura said:

We're going to build a Wall, and make <Mexico> pay for it.

We're gonna make America great again.

Just joking :P nice update.

Edited by Killerduki

I'm not trying to be pushy in any form, but when will this project open? I've been watching a lot of videos about nost and I'm disappointed I missed the opportunity to be apart of another strong, loving community again. I literally stopped taking retail WoW seriously and haven't played it since the beta of cata came out because of how shitty of the road I foresaw the game was going to go towards to. Recently I've been playing the RetroWoW private server and I somewhat enjoy the pvp, but it's not cutting it. Anyway, I'm not trying to find another "nostalrius" but just play a good game with a good community. If this project isn't going to be open for some time, is there any good blizzlike recommended servers? I truly do miss getting excited over  green/blue items and the lore-filled quest lines. 

43 minutes ago, DelineGenesi said:

I'm not trying to be pushy in any form, but when will this project open? I've been watching a lot of videos about nost and I'm disappointed I missed the opportunity to be apart of another strong, loving community again. I literally stopped taking retail WoW seriously and haven't played it since the beta of cata came out because of how shitty of the road I foresaw the game was going to go towards to. Recently I've been playing the RetroWoW private server and I somewhat enjoy the pvp, but it's not cutting it. Anyway, I'm not trying to find another "nostalrius" but just play a good game with a good community. If this project isn't going to be open for some time, is there any good blizzlike recommended servers? I truly do miss getting excited over  green/blue items and the lore-filled quest lines. 

Hopefully 2016 sometime. But realistically, if I had to guess, like Q1 2017.

We intend to have our open beta by the end of the summer.  Full release will depend on how the beta goes and how long it takes to fix all the problems we find.  We aren't going to launch a badly broken server.

1 hour ago, Darkrasp said:

We intend to have our open beta by the end of the summer.  Full release will depend on how the beta goes and how long it takes to fix all the problems we find.  We aren't going to launch a badly broken server.

Well that's good news. OBT by the end of summer is faster than I honestly anticipated. 

6 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Nice!!! Thanks for the update :)

On 22.7.2016 at 3:33 AM, Darkrasp said:

how long it takes to fix all the problems we find.

Will there be restrictions on this? Like are there priorities where you would fix some stuff later on? Are there things that must be fixed before launch? You could make a list of categories which you would like to have tested so people can aim for it and know that some little things dont have high priorities. That would help not wasting peoeples time.

I would like to enjoy Dungeons, when people say they enjoy Dungeons, i dont get it. Some dungeons miss NPC Abilities, some NPC's cast an Ability only ones until death, some Ability does to much or to less damage, Patrols are not working or not correctly set waypoints. One part of the Challenges in Dungeons was to accidently pull to much by not coordinating patrols. (You know when patrols cross each other and than back to their path.) Also do some patrols stay a little bit before they start walking again on a patrol path?

Edited by Brikot

Well, we need all player spells, abilities and talents to be working properly.  That's a given.

Dungeons and quest scripts need to be implemented and working in a non-exploitable fashion.

Major core mechanics need to be functioning and tested thoroughly under load to ensure they can't be broken.

Anti-cheat and anti-hack mechanisms also need to be strenuously tested.

There really isn't any reason to launch with things not working, provided we know about the problems.  I suppose if there's something that doesn't come up in testing, then we might launch with that still broken, but I'd rather take an extra two weeks and fix all the little bugs rather than launch with them and just say "oh well, they aren't that important."

8 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

Well, we need all player spells, abilities and talents to be working properly.  That's a given.

Dungeons and quest scripts need to be implemented and working in a non-exploitable fashion.

Major core mechanics need to be functioning and tested thoroughly under load to ensure they can't be broken.

Anti-cheat and anti-hack mechanisms also need to be strenuously tested.

There really isn't any reason to launch with things not working, provided we know about the problems.  I suppose if there's something that doesn't come up in testing, then we might launch with that still broken, but I'd rather take an extra two weeks and fix all the little bugs rather than launch with them and just say "oh well, they aren't that important."

Is there somewhere a table to see how far progress is going and what is still under construction?

I wish there was, but not yet.  I know Asura is putting a big update on the Alpha realm in a couple days that is going to start testing a big chunk of the remaining new core systems.  While we're still working on the core, it's tough to give timeline estimates of anything.

I'll work on putting something together for my next update that will show what's left to do before launch.

Oh I wasn't expecting an ETA. More like a table showing how far you've come (percentages? Maybe per area? whatever information gives an estimate on how far you've come)

16 minutes ago, Vitamalz said:

Oh I wasn't expecting an ETA. More like a table showing how far you've come (percentages? Maybe per area? whatever information gives an estimate on how far you've come)

a nice suggestion to give to Asura during the community FAQ coming up this week.

I agree with this as to help give the public an idea of where we are at in terms of testing.

maybe a silly bar graph or something with major core systems/dungeons/spells/raids/quests with their own little sub categories.  I'll see if I can get someone in alpha chat to draw up a nice outline for Asura if he wants something like this :D:D:D:D 

Getting a bit hyped to see the dev blog on what the big update on the 1st is going to be.

On 26.7.2016. at 9:55 PM, Darkrasp said:

it's tough to give timeline estimates of anything.

Would be nice to have original classic wow timeline.

On 26/7/2016 at 10:57 PM, Vitamalz said:

classicwarcraft tried this approach but it looks like a marketing trick more than anything :P

It's stuck at the same percentages since Nost shutdown (3-4months now?)

I think with the way devs here communicate, it's not needed, we know work is ongoing, it'll be ready when it's ready.

You start to worry when teams fall off the map, this is not the case here.

Edited by Roadblock

1 hour ago, hussar said:

*whispers* I don't think mentioning other servers, let alone linking their websites is a good idea bud...

There's a gazillion mentions of other servers all over the board and active ones at that.

It's not like I advertised it. But I edited out the link regardless, might want to edit your quote if you're bothered.