Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asura

Project Update - July 17th, 2016

52 posts in this topic

Mentioning other servers is fine, we don't care much for that. Blatant advertisement "come here, join us instead" is a different matter. :)

To be honest, anyone who knows about Crestfall already knows about the majority of the other private servers around, considering Crestfall is only really mentioned on /r/wowservers?

2 hours ago, Roadblock said:

classicwarcraft tried this approach but it looks like a marketing trick more than anything :P

It's stuck at the same percentages since Nost shutdown (3-4months now?)

I think with the way devs here communicate, it's not needed, we know work is ongoing, it'll be ready when it's ready.

You start to worry when teams fall off the map, this is not the case here.

It's not about worrying, I am just curious where development is being put, what is being tested and what is going to be worked on afterwards. I was contemplating whether or not I should sign up for the beta testing later and knowing what will be expected of me to be tested is always a nice thing.

Edited by Vitamalz
Messed up order

Can we hope for some videos of the beta soon?

Edited by Yacopok

2 hours ago, Yacopok said:

Can we hope for some videos of the beta soon?

The beta hasn't started yet. According to @Darkrasp in his update they are on track for an end of summer beta. You will likely be able to take part in the beta yourself :)  

Edited by Struckd

10 minutes ago, Struckd said:

The beta hasn't started yet. According to @Darkrasp in his update they are on track for an end of summer beta. You will likely be able to take part in the beta yourself :)  

I read about that, but I believe he talked about open Beta, I would like to see closed Beta videos, see where they are at right now.

16 minutes ago, Yacopok said:

I read about that, but I believe he talked about open Beta, I would like to see closed Beta videos, see where they are at right now.

Whether it will be open or closed, the beta stage starts at the end of summer. The server is currently in the Alpha stage. I too, would like to see videos! Asura is still working on issues for Alpha

Edit: Also to quote @rooted from his post

Edited by Struckd

You wont see videos just yet as the server is still very much Alpha.  All systems are not yet coded, loot is not done yet, and scripting and such has still to be done.  The videos will not show a fully working server just yet.  When they begin beta (I believe closed at first) most likely the marketing team will begin with videos as it will look like a working wow server, just with bugs and such.

18 minutes ago, Masterfyoog said:

You wont see videos just yet as the server is still very much Alpha.  All systems are not yet coded, loot is not done yet, and scripting and such has still to be done.  The videos will not show a fully working server just yet.  When they begin beta (I believe closed at first) most likely the marketing team will begin with videos as it will look like a working wow server, just with bugs and such.

if they make closed beta, i hope to get in :> anxious to play this server.

Almost switching to pvE server to play with some high active players from from forum :P

Edited by Odysseu

13 minutes ago, Odysseu said:

Almost switching to pvE server to play with some high active players from from forum :P

<3

Come join us, i'll provide you with some carebear cookies.

17 minutes ago, Odysseu said:

Im still doubting on PvE or PvP too , still time to meet people and decide :D and you bet your ass theres more anxious people roaming around ;)

20 minutes ago, Elicas said:

<3

Come join us, i'll provide you with some carebear cookies.

Man. Cookies. It's not fair @[email protected] 

I guess i'll play at PvE and just turn /pvp on. It will be the same thing, and easier to get on some raid pve groups.

Just don't know what class roll yet...   Warrior Fury, Rogue Assassination, Priest Disc or Shadow, Paladin Protection.

:~ I don't know anything about rotations anymore. Complete newbie again, and this is the best feel about WoW. 

"You know nothing Odysseu" :>

Sometimes, it's good to go in fresh and new. It'll take you a while to hit 60 probably, plenty of time to relearn the class you eventually choose.

7 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Sometimes, it's good to go in fresh and new. It'll take you a while to hit 60 probably, plenty of time to relearn the class you eventually choose.

i'm just afraid of being kicked/not invite to anything raid/pve related =( 

7 hours ago, Odysseu said:

i'm just afraid of being kicked/not invite to anything raid/pve related =( 

We tend to be a more patient community, and we generally have more Hybrids/off spec slots in our raid teams.

Generalisation of course, there are still arseholes on every server.

13 minutes ago, Elicas said:

We tend to be a more patient community, and we generally have more Hybrids/off spec slots in our raid teams.

Generalisation of course, there are still arseholes on every server.

Nice to know. 

Of course I wouldn't roll a Shadow Priest and try to join on those firsts raids. I love to buff people and give some dps (i don't need to be the highest, just a decent one).

What would you recommend? I will probably switch to PvE (seems like pvp server are more hardcore pvp oriented players [like, 10% pve / 90% pvp]) and I want more balance, so...

And ofc on future, I'll try to join in your guild XDDDDD you seem friendly enough to follow u around babbling kek.

From the options you listed, Rogue is the easiest for a newcomer to pick up.

I'll be on Alliance side though ;)

3 minutes ago, Elicas said:

Hard choices. I don't know if I can give up on Trolls yet ;'( Maybe I play on PvE....but not ally though Dx

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

And i decided. I'll be a hunter. The bond between me and pet, feeding him or he abandons you.

Oh man. It was really a pet. And ammo. Time to make my dear Troll Hunter. #hype.

Sad we won't be the same side though.

Just now, Odysseu said:

And i decided. I'll be a hunter. The bond between me and pet, feeding him or he abandons you.

Oh man. It was really a pet. And ammo. Time to make my dear Troll Hunter. #hype.

Sad we won't be the same side though.

It's ok, we can cuddle outside raids ;)

Good to hear the progress update. Take the time you need. You can only launch once and having a as good as possible launch is the best thing to do for everyone.

thank you for the great update! personally I was always thinking that the start would be late 1Q 2017, but if we have a chance for 2016 it would be like Xmas for us :D 

Thread Necromancy seems to work perfectly! Jokes aside , have a look in the developement Corner. Those weekly Updates give a great insight what is beeing done each week...and maybe you get Nerdgasm depending on Nerdlvl

Edited by Behind