Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rele

How to convert Screenshots to JPEG easily

Greetings,

This is a guide on how to easily convert Vanilla World of Warcraft screenshots from TGA to JPEG.

• Download ConvertShots.exe
  • Place the ConvertShots.exe file into your "...World of Warcraft\Screenshots" folder
  • Run ConverShots.exe
  • Press "Start"

This program will convert all TGA files in that folder to JPEG.

I would highly appreciate it if a member of the Crestfall Team could approve this post and ensure that this is indeed a safe download.

Kind Regards,

Rele

ConvertShots.exe

Edited by Rele

for all I know its a virus that'll take control of your computer

how about you post some screenshots of the program?

Edited by Aquane

Here's a GIF of me using it, successfully converts TGA to JPEG.

ConvertshotsGIF.gif

Or you could just look up an in-browser tool that does the same thing. I won't post any names or links here since it'll just come off as a scam (caution for which I can't blame anyone) but you can certainly find something. No reason to download anything at all. Well, other than the converted screenshots.

Before I found this, I searched around for an in-browser option, but did not find any that allows you to convert multiple files at a time without any registration.

I second IrfanView, been using it for converting, resizing and cropping for over a decade already.

13 hours ago, Aquane said:

for all I know its a virus that'll take control of your computer

how about you post some screenshots of the program?

What if it is the program WITH a virus...?

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, HarTstaRx said:

What if it is the program WITH a virus...?

giphy.gif

The plot thickens.

13 hours ago, Soyoen said:

There's also IrfanView which has batch processing.

10 hours ago, Terpsichore said:

I second IrfanView, been using it for converting, resizing and cropping for over a decade already.

10 hours ago, sillywet said:

Download Irfanview, open up the picture. Press S.

g2g

Yea, or you can just use Irfanview.

What's bad about .tga in the first place anyway?

2 hours ago, Xaverius said:

What's bad about .tga in the first place anyway?

Each .tga screenshot takes up quite "alot" of space in comparison to a jpeg or png.

11 minutes ago, Soyoen said:

Each .tga screenshot takes up quite "alot" of space in comparison to a jpeg or png.

Ah, so nothing is wrong :D. But disregard me, I take (IRL) photos in RAW, where one photo is about 20 MB and more.

Edited by Xaverius

TGA format files can't be opened by most of the default and most known programs for photo viewing.

3 hours ago, VeloxBanks said:

The plot thickens.

It intensifies also.

18 hours ago, Rele said:

I would highly appreciate it if a member of the Crestfall Team could approve this post and ensure that this is indeed a safe download.

Unfortunately, we cannot give recommendations and/or approve Third Party Software. You're free to distribute your software around here, but when we come across software that may be potentially harmful. But if it passes possible virus checks it's all O.K to share. But no, we unfortunately can't approve third party tools.

https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/filescanjob/uco768igrc

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ab71301df947ac88336bfb71d778c6ce6c6ba52d7fbcfca324d3c795a2aa438d/analysis/1488553390/

Regardless, use at your own risk. I see no reason to remove the file at this time.

Edited by rooted

My screenshots are always saved as jpeg. I don't understand this thread. O.o

It's 2017. By now you can just google for a TGA converter plugin for your favorite photo editing software (we all know it's Photoshop).

That is if it doesn't already have built-in support for it by now already 

The best solution is to run a background software like Dxtory to take care of screenshots globally across all games, it lets you choose the format, quality, etc, and the screenshots are taken instantly with no performance hit. Many games have pretty poor in-game screenshot implementation that may freeze the game for an instant and the quality leaves a lot to be desired.