Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jai

Loot council?

31 posts in this topic
On 3/4/2017 at 5:31 PM, mage21 said:

Best and most fair loot system?

GuildGoldDKP. 

You simply bid whit the games currency, not some "made up DKP" that Only Works in your Guild, that Will be useless once you leave the guild

Once the raid is finished you simply split the total pot between all the raiders (you can take 5/10% for the guildbank to help tanks get otus ect) 

This way everyone gains something from the raid, not like lootcouncil when you enter that raid you have on farm where you Only lose some manapots on rag..

It also gets People to play and farm when its not raidnight.. helps new members in 5mans, and all the extra goldfarm Will make the guild more rich. No more raidloggers

Got no loot from that raid? Gratz you can buy that beo from AH! And once you leave the guild you Will not lose every thing you "build up" witin that guild.

The main issue I see with your reasoning and this system is that you consider the most effective way in WoW to make gold is to farm and do dungeons. This assumption is wrong, it has been shown over the years that the richest people in wow are the one that play the AH game. And the difference isn't a few dozen or even hundred gold, it can be counted in thousands of gold or even tens of thousand of gold later in the game. Now how can such a system work when a new recruit can have more loot power than all the other members reunited ? You cripple your progress because loots are monopolized by those who are good at making gold (which has no link what so ever to being good at the game), ensue people leaving because they cant keep up with the few players that amassed mountains of gold.
Not only that, this discourage free trade within the guild, which means people selling items full price to others member. This may be fine with but this is very from the idea I have of a guild. Moreover, people playing AH wont help other in dungeon because, well, its not gold worth compared to what they could be doing at the AH or farming to further ensure their monopoly of a server resource. To counter that you NEED someone policing the attribution of loot and internal relation, and this is exactly what a Loot Council does (even if yours has very low decision-making power, it still is a loot council). Except instead of having a LC + DKP system which rewards attendance, yours will reward selfishness, because in WoW much like real life to make gold you need at some point to be selfish.

As for my personal opinion, like it has been said before a transparent LC is the best loot attribution, because you can fine tune the criteria considered according to your guild needs. If you just raid for fun, you may want to reward the guy that entertain everyone or the ones that do all the organization without whom no one can raid. If you raid for progress, you may want to reward attendance and performance. If you want to build a tight community, you may want to reward seniority in the guild, ...
Loot Council really is the most flexible and therefore theoretically the best loot system. However it's hard to fine tune because of all the parameters that cant be measured and weight toward each other. That's why less hardcore guild will opt for an easier to understand but flawed DKP. In my opinion pure DKP is an heresy because you just deter any new member joining your guild, which is really bad. If you go DKP, just like with gold you need someone or a group of people to monitor loots so that the MT wont get the priest robe BiS just because he thought it would look pretty on him. Same during progress, you want to make sure your tank gear goes to tank and not dps that want to make the switch. 

No matter what loot system you chose, I believe a Loot Council or Loot Police is a necessity for the well-being of the majority of players (and the health of your guild). That's why I believe that any guild that defines itself as semi-hardcore or below should go with either monitored DKP or my personal preference : LC roll, basically you call an item for what it is (+1, +BiS, ...) and the LC decide who is allowed to roll the item, therefore you greatly reduce corruption (outside of punishment for non attendance / bad performance / ... there is really only one criteria that can be checked by everyone). +BiS trumps all, then +1 > +2 > +PvP... You can fine tune if one member has been particularly lucky with his roll, forbid a player to roll because of slack, ... Two issues with this are that it does not reward performance (you can fine tune it to do so but you lose in transparency doing so), and you lack incentive to come once you get all you BiS, because you know you wont be able to get your +2 gear as long as everyone in the raid hasn't obtain it as a +BiS. But can a semi-hardcore guild of 40 player really get full BiS on most of its player before the release of next content ?

On 03/03/2017 at 10:52 PM, Brikot said:

Guilds should write in their guild website how their loot council works, meaning how the loot decision is made so that you cant corrupt.

To me its completely stupid and nonsense making loot council decisions based on anything else.. It would be shit if there is a player who doesnt get items for 2-3 raids. Thats dissapointing and thats not how it should work, why would i spend my time, doing what the guild wants from me and not get items for 2-3 raids ? Thats bullshit.

It shouldnt be given to someone who makes the most dps or most heal. thats stupid and corrupt.

Doing this way others never get to deal more dps/heal.

Equiping main tank first makes sense.

Loot council depends on the person who runs it, so... is he rational or irrational ?

If i was doing it everybody would be happy and the insects who dont like this rational behaviour would leave the guild with some shit talking and then /gquit. i feel like running a guild like that on CF

Raids in vanilla are mostly 40 man * mostly *, there's ZG and AQ 20 that are 20-man.
And being 40-man or 20-man there's not many items dropping from each boss, anyone in a raid composition will wait at least 1-2 weeks to get one item and that's if they're lucky to get the drop they need for their class and it depends if they are fighting 8 other people for the same item.

On 08/03/2017 at 1:44 PM, Primal said:

I understand the advantages of loot council, but I'm not a fan of it. I tend to join guilds that use some form of DKP. It's just the system I prefer.

I was raiding for +6 months on Nostalrius PvE when it was up and i was raiding with mature people, we were using Loot Council and it worked pretty fine.
It doesn't work when people aren't mature or are simply acting like they are above others, obviously

As has already been  said, loot council sounds good on paper and has its advantages when you're playing with not corrupted people, but, sadly, my only experience with it was guild leaders basically saying "My friends and I keep all the cool stuff and you're lucky if you get some leftovers some time never".

1 minute ago, Shady_Lizard said:

As has already been  said, loot council sounds good on paper and has its advantages when you're playing with not corrupted people, but, sadly, my only experience with it was guild leaders basically saying "My friends and I keep all the cool stuff and you're lucky if you get some leftovers some time never".

Well you shouldn't of played with them to begin with.
I don't see anything good coming out of a group of people that say that when you ask them about the loot distribution

1 minute ago, ClawzTheMeow said:

Well you shouldn't of played with them to begin with.
I don't see anything good coming out of a group of people that say that when you ask them about the loot distribution

Sadly, this wasn't the case when I first joined at least my last guild, they used EPGP and only later changed it for this BS system where raid leader can invite his friend from another guild to a specific boss and reserve BiS gear for him. Needless to say, I don't play with these people anymore.

2 minutes ago, Shady_Lizard said:

Sadly, this wasn't the case when I first joined at least my last guild, they used EPGP and only later changed it for this BS system where raid leader can invite his friend from another guild to a specific boss and reserve BiS gear for him. Needless to say, I don't play with these people anymore.

You made a good decision B|