Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 6/03/2017

67 posts in this topic

It is nice to know that things are back on track. Looking forward to release :D

Woah reinstall your computer? .... i have no words for this, how desperate are people to make a project leave ? Thanks for keep staying and not leaving us with mangos servers.

What would i think if i get some serious trouble just because im helping in a project to give something good to other people ?

Honestly i would take a break i guess if that happened to me.

thank you for the effort again. most important thing is to learn about mistakes. (by mistakes I mean elysium heuehuehe)

In the mean time there's a fresh tbc server on hellground that needs some more alliance players if anyone wants to kill time before this maybe launches some time.

I'm glad you guys stuck to the level-headedness and maturity that drew me to this project in the first place. You cannot prevent drama from happening; how you deal with it when it does happen is what's important. You've got a good thing going here, and I from what I've been reading here your future players (that includes me, of course) appreciate that.

Wish I could help out more than just apply as a beta, but my coding skills are rudimentary at best. I'm more in the systems/networks administration line of work. Ah, well.

As always, keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

[Asura] fixed most of the reported bugs with Paladins

Killerdukis hate him! Learn how to fix paladins with one simple trick!

Posted (edited)

Is there a TL;DR version? 😂 

Thanks for this I wasn't expecting an update until next week so it's a pleasant surprise. 

It has been mentioned before that once you are comfortable with a launch for this year, as promised, that you bring out a Doomsday graphic bar on % completion to launch.

You don't have to put a lot of detail into it, like 'x task to be completed = 5%' value, just have the bar go up or down based on events, testing, coding and other stuff.

That if things every go tits up, you'll have at least left a worthwhile meme for the Reddit community.

Edited by Outstanding

Some of you guys should take from time to time some holidays in order to breathe away from the project, you have been in stressful situations and that can take a toll in the future.

That said, I'm craving for...

β

Love these updates. Really informative and transparent as hell. Keep up the good work people. Quite hyped for your release :) 

6 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

We're finally getting close to the point where we can start giving reasonable timeframe estimates for task completion.  Never thought I'd be able to say that, but there it is.

RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

oh wait a minute, fucking siiiiiick.

24 minutes ago, HarTstaRx said:

Some of you guys should take from time to time some holidays in order to breathe away from the project, you have been in stressful situations and that can take a toll in the future.

That said, I'm craving for...

β

9077sT4.png

What's your aim for this year in terms of launch date? What target have you set for yourself.

13 minutes ago, Cheapshots said:

What's your aim for this year in terms of launch date? What target have you set for yourself.

Well, the rough estimate for release was that Q2 is 50:50, Q3 is 75:25.

awesome news, thanks as always dark B|

Posted (edited)

Darkrasp (or asura for that matter), i remember that you guys wanted to make a sort of "a better estimation" thread, just like what corecraft did years ago, to try to illustrate what you guys still need to do. Did you decide not to make one in the end? (because, maybe, it wouldn't be that accurate or that useful, who knows?) Also, in your update, you mention that you guys want to "really start pushing content out", are you only talking about pve encounters, or other things?

Thank you for the update as usual, i think it' safe to say that the previous weeks were indeed difficult ones for everybody, with asura being put under a lot of pressure all of a sudden. I like to think that our support (the community) helped you guys in these "troubled times", and i hope you guys are doing well.

Edited by valaquenta

Thanks for all the hard work you put in this project! It's heart warming to hear that you can provide a release date soon! :) Keep up the good work! 

10 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

I want to personally thank everyone who stuck with us through all the drama of the last month or so.

Oh well.

Posted (edited)

I love these long girthy posts, it makes me quite moist. But seriously thanks for putting in the time to do this project :) Looking forward to open beta and the eventual release!

Edited by MagikStaff

11 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Soulson has been a huge help and has helped convert a ton of open-source creature AI into a format compatible with our AI engine.  Saves a couple dozen hours of manual labor.  We'll still have to go through the data and check everything over, but it's much faster than manually writing out hundreds of lines of SQL.

Interesting how pilfering from open-source is deemed smart and time-saving but eventually open-sourcing your own work is useless and contributes nothing. Not surprised by this very one-sided operation.

Its getting closer!!! :D Keep up the great work you guys are doing o/

Posted (edited)

Nice update!

I'm a bit surprised you instantly started working on the project again after all the shit of the last couple of weeks. Thanks a lot for that and for all the hard work you guys are doing in general. I love you all :x

Edited by Mogri

I'm glad all that drama is over, and you were able to get some semblance of normalcy back. :) Thank you all for your work and dedication, and I'd like to once again say, the way you handled all this made me have great faith in the team. Thank you for not giving in to the trolls, for staying level-headed and mature.