Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 6/03/2017

67 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The downvote squad seems to have arrived on reddit though... oh well.

Edited by valaquenta

1 minute ago, valaquenta said:

The downvote squad seems to have arrived on reddit though... oh well.

Well... who cares? ^_^ (no offense against you!)

Just now, Mogri said:

Well... who cares? ^_^ (no offense against you!)

none taken, you're kinda right.

May the Force be with you, Darkrasp and the rest of the staff team.

2K17 will be Crestfall's year!

As usual, great informative post. @Outstanding makes a great point about the progress bar so kudos to him. Let us know if there is anything us peons can do to help speed along any aspect of the project.

Note: While we all appreciate the amount of time and effort you put into providing the community with a quality Vanilla server do not forget to venture outside the world of Azeroth and take time away for yourself and family. Stress is literally a killer.

Regards,

Statin

Well this made my day. I'm so happy!  :x

Sorry to hear about the tech issues though but that's bound to happen at some point. Good to have that out of the way!

Make Darkrasps updates great again, also make Alexsensual great again :17hunter:

Thank you very much for the update. It is quite a relief to hear that there has been a return to normalcy for Crestfall, especially for the staff. I can only imagine the frustration, disappointment, and heartache you all must have felt during the events of the past month or so. Honestly, I don't think anyone could have blamed Asura or anyone else for giving up after all that happened.

Rather than consternation, I am glad to hear about the work on TBC. I think that should be taken as a sign that work has returned in earnest on the CF project. You don't plan for the future for things that you aren't sincere about pursuing. The staff simply wouldn't bother spending time on TBC if they weren't serious about everything going back to pre-LGN status (except maybe Asura who would do it just to keep doing work on something lol).

At the end of the day, my hope is that at this point everyone is content to return to the old status quo. I for one cannot wait to see how things progress to launch and beyond. I am excited beyond words to get into the game and experience the world with people who are genuinely excited to be there and want to see the project succeed: alliance or horde, carebear or tryhard, Crestfall is the place where we have placed our dreams.

Posted (edited)

Happy to see things are humming along, hopefully I can get into beta soon :D, although I know I'm not since I choose leveling and I guess you're still doing classes.

Anyway, just know that you have our support, thanks for the update.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

5 hours ago, Freakydemon said:

Interesting how pilfering from open-source is deemed smart and time-saving but eventually open-sourcing your own work is useless and contributes nothing. Not surprised by this very one-sided operation.

Screenshot_15.png

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

Screenshot_15.png

Open-sourcing is only useful if there is a good team around to recuperate a project that isn't developed anymore (or it will end up just like elysium, although you could argue that nostalrius was nothing special, quality-wise). Furthermore, people will follow the "big guns", the hyped projects, that's how it is.

Edited by valaquenta

Thank you for the update.  I know I speak for many when I say: I'm happy we have a mature and intelligent group running a (soon to be) amazing server.

Keep up the good work guys, and don't be shy to let us have a taste of testing!

Very nice update @Darkrasp!

I would just like to repeat myself in saying, the fact that the CF Team stuck together in these difficult times and persevered means a lot. It shows your determination and ability to the entire community (and outside groups as well), which in turn, will make our support for you greater. Keep up the good work guys! :D 

And srsly, take a holiday or two off ^_^

3 hours ago, dailybs said:
Make Darkrasps updates great again, also make Alexsensual great again :17hunter:

Lol.

Posted (edited)

hey Crestfall staff members,

if any young girls suddenly take a liking to you or any other Crestfall staff members, i advise that you turn her away, as shes extremely likely to secretly be under 18 years old and non-secretly want to sleep with you

if they'd go to the extent of putting trojans on all your computers to shut you down, they'd probably sick jailbait on you to blackmail you too

though of course, willing jailbait may simply be a resource that they don't have, as this isn't the pharmaceutical industry or the CIA or anything like that, but if they had jailbait, oooh believe me they'd do it

I also wouldn't be too surprised if I'd become the victim of a character assassination for merely posting this post

Edited by Aquane

34 minutes ago, Aquane said:

hey Crestfall staff members,

if any young girls suddenly take a liking to you or any other Crestfall staff members, i advise that you turn her away, as shes extremely likely to secretly be under 18 years old and non-secretly want to sleep with you

if they'd go to the extent of putting trojans on all your computers to shut you down, they'd probably sick jailbait on you to blackmail you too

though of course, willing jailbait may simply be a resource that they don't have, as this isn't the pharmaceutical industry or the CIA or anything like that, but if they had jailbait, oooh believe me they'd do it

I also wouldn't be too surprised if I'd become the victim of a character assassination for merely posting this post

It is not good to live in fear.Be brave, as they say, for the brave ones there is no past, only new begining.

21 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Within the next few days, we'll be roughly doubling our pool of beta testers, and really start pushing content out.  We're finally getting close to the point where we can start giving reasonable timeframe estimates for task completion.  Never thought I'd be able to say that, but there it is.

tumblr_inline_oj9d1gGeBJ1qgti77_250.jpg

Very good news to hear, thank you Crestfall for your determination. However, i think you guy should re-estimate your population cap, 5k seems too low for the amout of players you'll drain here. 7k + news servs seems to being a good compromise. With Nostalrius/Elysium out of scene, i think you're not prepared for the player's tsunami you'll get.

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Johnnyshaun said:

Very good news to hear, thank you Crestfall for your determination. However, i think you guy should re-estimate your population cap, 5k seems too low for the amout of players you'll drain here. 7k + news servs seems to being a good compromise. With Nostalrius/Elysium out of scene, i think you're not prepared for the player's tsunami you'll get.

id rather there be 2 3.5k servers than 1 5k server thats constantly full

id also rather there be 2 3.5k servers than a 5k server that's almost full but never has a queue

if you want servers with 7k+ players go back to elysium and hope they get more players; nost later on hadn't rendered everyone at once for each player anyway

Edited by Aquane

Another great update. Good stuff!

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Johnnyshaun said:

Elysium is not out of the scene at all my friend, there are still thousands of players there, and not all of them will go to crestfall when it launches (fortunately).

Those who really want quality will come here, but there are tons of people who don't care about all the details and will just stay on elysium, that's how it is.

For TBC, obviously gummy's server will be ready before the crestfall (PTE) tbc server, so most people will just go to gummy's (i fear that legacy crusade, on its own, won't be able to attract a lot of players : call me crazy, but that's simple marketing logic : the brandname isn't established at all in the private server scene, even though LC is linked to crestfall.)

However, Crestfall's own tbc server (which will be the same core-wise, i know) will have no problem at all, since most of the vanilla players will probably want to progress to tbc, and it will be fresh when gummy's will be established already.

Edited by valaquenta

3 hours ago, Johnnyshaun said:

Asura and Dark have gone on record stating they'd prefer somewhere in the 2.5-3.5k range and 5k was the compromise, beyond that they've said that if the population is large enough and willing to help support it they will open more realms.

Question @ Darkrasp/Crestfall project leads

What about Vitality, Whitekidney, and anyone else on the staff now or in the future who may have a questionable or unknown background?

I (and surely many others) would prefer to have people like this not have anything to do with any project at all. Whether they are friends/family of, in communication with or whatever. Don't do business with these people. It doesn't matter what their job is. Whether it's the system admin for the website, owner of the hardware, or developer.  I feel one can always find help that is just as qualified or better with proper ethics and perfectionist work habits. If there is a location barrier, keep in contact, make sure they speak English, and share common goals and values. We don't have to be rude or nasty. Just tell them they are a secruity risk and move on.

I don't understand much technical or policy stuff, but wouldn't it be great if the main devs or community owned the server through donation money? I would definately donate $10 a month if I knew for a fact that the money was going towards honorable project leads buying direct ownership of as much hardware as possible, payng the monthly domain rent, and even to pay the staff itself at least minimum wage so no one has to work for free. The community will help if we have a honest, professional staff and product with proper security to keep out things that are bad for any server like ddos, VPN's, gold/leveling/character selling, etc. I would even like a few CM's in game 24/7, answering tickets, and monitoring for ToS violations with a strike based system like blizzards was. No excessive toxic vulgarity, harassment, scamming, proper character names, etc.

I stongly believe the demand for secure, professional grade realms run by a perfectionist oriented, honorable staff is plentiful. Is Crestfall going to set the standard, and lead by example?

4 hours ago, Private said:

Question @ Darkrasp/Crestfall project leads

What about Vitality, Whitekidney, and anyone else on the staff now or in the future who may have a questionable or unknown background?

I (and surely many others) would prefer to have people like this not have anything to do with any project at all. Whether they are friends/family of, in communication with or whatever. Don't do business with these people. It doesn't matter what their job is. Whether it's the system admin for the website, owner of the hardware, or developer.  I feel one can always find help that is just as qualified or better with proper ethics and perfectionist work habits. If there is a location barrier, keep in contact, make sure they speak English, and share common goals and values. We don't have to be rude or nasty. Just tell them they are a secruity risk and move on.

I don't understand much technical or policy stuff, but wouldn't it be great if the main devs or community owned the server through donation money? I would definately donate $10 a month if I knew for a fact that the money was going towards honorable project leads buying direct ownership of as much hardware as possible, payng the monthly domain rent, and even to pay the staff itself at least minimum wage so no one has to work for free. The community will help if we have a honest, professional staff and product with proper security to keep out things that are bad for any server like ddos, VPN's, gold/leveling/character selling, etc. I would even like a few CM's in game 24/7, answering tickets, and monitoring for ToS violations with a strike based system like blizzards was. No excessive toxic vulgarity, harassment, scamming, proper character names, etc.

I stongly believe the demand for secure, professional grade realms run by a perfectionist oriented, honorable staff is plentiful. Is Crestfall going to set the standard, and lead by example?

Here we go again.