Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 6/03/2017

67 posts in this topic

Keep up the good work guys!

Greetings.

People don't understand how the scene works. Knowing the guts of the game and having coding skills server or client side automatically put those people as "hackers" in public eyes. Would you say that Asura or other devs are hackers? Because they have the skills and knowledge to exploit a server like Elysium.

Collaboration in the scene doesn't moves by power or or money, but curiosity and people eager to learn; private server scene was created, is improved and will be mainteined by hackers. JUST DEAL WITH IT ALREADY FFS

Glad things are looking up after this whole kerfuffle.

9 hours ago, Private said:

Question @ Darkrasp/Crestfall project leads

What about Vitality, Whitekidney, and anyone else on the staff now or in the future who may have a questionable or unknown background?

I (and surely many others) would prefer to have people like this not have anything to do with any project at all. Whether they are friends/family of, in communication with or whatever. Don't do business with these people. It doesn't matter what their job is. Whether it's the system admin for the website, owner of the hardware, or developer.  I feel one can always find help that is just as qualified or better with proper ethics and perfectionist work habits. If there is a location barrier, keep in contact, make sure they speak English, and share common goals and values. We don't have to be rude or nasty. Just tell them they are a secruity risk and move on.

I don't understand much technical or policy stuff, but wouldn't it be great if the main devs or community owned the server through donation money? I would definately donate $10 a month if I knew for a fact that the money was going towards honorable project leads buying direct ownership of as much hardware as possible, payng the monthly domain rent, and even to pay the staff itself at least minimum wage so no one has to work for free. The community will help if we have a honest, professional staff and product with proper security to keep out things that are bad for any server like ddos, VPN's, gold/leveling/character selling, etc. I would even like a few CM's in game 24/7, answering tickets, and monitoring for ToS violations with a strike based system like blizzards was. No excessive toxic vulgarity, harassment, scamming, proper character names, etc.

I stongly believe the demand for secure, professional grade realms run by a perfectionist oriented, honorable staff is plentiful. Is Crestfall going to set the standard, and lead by example?

Vitaliy was never and is not involved with Crestfall. He is the co-owner of Elysium with Shenna.

Whitekidney is still around though, I believe.

Hello First of all I want to ask couple of questions fellas because I dont get it very well.

1- This is server has both TBC and Vanilla server at the same time when it released?

2- Is there any chance to open the server officaly in this year?

3- This is not a question, You guys are Rock and I would like to play here with you and cannot wait :)

1. Crestfall servers will be vanilla at start and progress through TBC, WOTLK and so on, there is a TBC server only in the works aswell "Legacy Crusade" by Crogge that will launch prolly next year(?) 

2. I would say there is a 99.9% chance of launch this year for Crestfall ^^

I think it will be huge,and I hope they are aware of that Lots of player be in Crestfall. Like really really huge. So I hope they predict the problems like server crash etc.

Plus I hope they will open it before June, because cannot wait :D

Great work, you guys! It's really awesome how level headed you stayed throughout the shit show that was happening earlier this year.. That was really an embarrassment for all parties involved. 

Anyhow, glad you're back on track and looking forward to future updates. [And maybe even a place in the Beta] :)

wowza.... I know a little about pcs and shit... a little VB code in excel and word... which I struggle with.... BUT coding/programing? this shit  I dont know where to start or what you are really doing but it sounds great.. I wish I was younger and learnt this stuff coz I would be helping you all for sure.

All I can think and hope is that its a little like the game of chess.. in that you try this way..then try that way.. then BOOM   you got it and get a buz from achieving that goal/task... nothing better than feeling you have achieved something.

This stuff to me sounds hardcore.. I mean you must be very intelligent ppl .. and respect to putting all your time effort into this.. but I cant even start to imagine what you do each /some nights... (keep it clean ppl)...  

Anyhow...Cheers for the updates (I understand most of it) and dont forget to sometimes just step back away from the grind and enjoy life...wasnt there a wow msg like that at the loading screen?  ;)

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Fitzz said:

wowza.... I know a little about pcs and shit... a little VB code in excel and word... which I struggle with.... BUT coding/programing? this shit  I dont know where to start or what you are really doing but it sounds great.. I wish I was younger and learnt this stuff coz I would be helping you all for sure.

All I can think and hope is that its a little like the game of chess.. in that you try this way..then try that way.. then BOOM   you got it and get a buz from achieving that goal/task... nothing better than feeling you have achieved something.

This stuff to me sounds hardcore.. I mean you must be very intelligent ppl .. and respect to putting all your time effort into this.. but I cant even start to imagine what you do each /some nights... (keep it clean ppl)...  

Anyhow...Cheers for the updates (I understand most of it) and dont forget to sometimes just step back away from the grind and enjoy life...wasnt there a wow msg like that at the loading screen?  ;)

r u from NOPE at elysium ? or am I wrong ?

Edit: prolly wrong, missread your name. ^^

Edited by Budge

It will be the best server, with the best quality.
I will wait for the time that is necessary.

What about pre-1.4 mounts? Will they be available till patch 1.4? I missed the point

On 07/03/2017 at 7:34 AM, Outstanding said:

Is there a TL;DR version? 😂 

Thanks for this I wasn't expecting an update until next week so it's a pleasant surprise. 

It has been mentioned before that once you are comfortable with a launch for this year, as promised, that you bring out a Doomsday graphic bar on % completion to launch.

You don't have to put a lot of detail into it, like 'x task to be completed = 5%' value, just have the bar go up or down based on events, testing, coding and other stuff.

That if things every go tits up, you'll have at least left a worthwhile meme for the Reddit community.

That's a great ideia.
I would love that !

Also thanks for the update like usual @Darkrasp

I've been unable to follow this project as closely as I'd like to for a while due to real life stuff, and won't be able to for a longer while. Still, I'm really glad you guys managed to overcome all those troubles and got back on track no matter what it cost you.

Keep up the good work!

On 3/6/2017 at 7:32 PM, Darkrasp said:

Within the next few days, we'll be roughly doubling our pool of beta testers, and really start pushing content out.

Did this happen in secret? @Darkrasp