Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cruzix

guide
[Vanilla Guide] - World Buffs

Will the +83 FR from Mind Controled dude be available at launch?

17 minutes ago, Wolfrig said:

Will the +83 FR from Mind Controled dude be available at launch?

Yes, the buffs which I didn't add a specific patch behind will be available at launch :)

48 minutes ago, Cruzix said:

Yes, the buffs which I didn't add a specific patch behind will be available at launch :)

I'm asking cause it seems OP as fuck. I never raided Vanilla so I don't REALLY know these things, but it's just the first thought that comes to mind.

I guess it should be the first thing removed/delayed if you want to make fights like Ragnaros harder, right? Maybe delayed for a couple of months/until BWL?

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Wolfrig said:

I'm asking cause it seems OP as fuck. I never raided Vanilla so I don't REALLY know these things, but it's just the first thought that comes to mind.

I guess it should be the first thing removed/delayed if you want to make fights like Ragnaros harder, right? Maybe delayed for a couple of months/until BWL?

World buffs are insanely strong indeed, but also fairly tedious to gather - especially the fire resistance one as it will be the last world buff you pick up (since it's in blackrock mountains where MC/BWL is located) and that place is usually filled with people from your opposite faction so you'll risk losing all your buffs from being killed.
Also it takes quite a bit of time to get everyone buffed with the fire resistance since only 10 players can be in there at once, and ofc once you're buffed you only have 1 try since everything will be gone if you die.

Edited by Cruzix

So I guess all we have to do is camp Blackrock to stop the enemy faction members from raiding full buffed. :D

Warchief's Blessing  buffs crossroad too

21 minutes ago, Brikot said:

Warchief's Blessing  buffs crossroad too

Ah yes!, I actually remember this now from my own experience on retail :D was fun to see EVERYONE make their way to the crossroads before it was too late.

Updating OP now 

Posted (edited)

Added Traces of Silithyst to the guide. (Had forgotten all about that one)

21 hours ago, Cruzix said:

Traces of Silithyst 
Stats and duration:
+5% Damage 30 min (Patch 1.12)
How to get:
Traces of Silithyst is a buff acquired after turning in Silithyst at the player's respective collection site in Silithus.

To pick up Silithyst, locate a geyser and pick it up. The geyser will despawn, and the player will be carrying the Silithyst. While carrying it, your movement speed is reduced (abilities like "Sprint" will not have any effect) and you will be unable to mount without dropping the Silithyst. The other way of getting Silithyst is locating a player of the opposing faction carrying some. Upon damaging that player, he will drop his/her Silithyst, creating a Silithyst Mound allowing any player to temporarily pick up the Silithyst.

After collecting Silithyst, run to your faction's turn in point, displayed on the map and get the buff. You will also get 19 Honor Point and 10 reputation with the Cenarion Circle faction as well as 1 progress point for The Silithyst Must Flow world PvP event.
wsvwRZ3.png?1

Edited by Cruzix

On 07/03/2017 at 4:54 PM, Wolfrig said:

yea my raiding guild on Nost PvE did that to our tanks before fighting Ragnaros.

31 minutes ago, duzyizly said:

BFD buff pls : )
Naxx strats...

Assuming this is the one you're talking about: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Blessing_of_Blackfathom
Why +Frost Damage for naxx when mages are fire specced by then :P, it's good for early content though I suppose.

I never played mage in vanilla so it just didn't have a use for me, which probably is the reason why I forgot all about it. I'll add it to the guide soon™, ty ;)

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Cruzix said:

Assuming this is the one you're talking about: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Blessing_of_Blackfathom
Why +Frost Damage for naxx when mages are fire specced by then :P, it's good for early content though I suppose.

I'm 99% sure back in vanilla this also gives some frost resistance.
or maybe just 50%... But this 15 frost damage mmm...

Edited by duzyizly
% is so damn high