Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaerBaer

Hello fellow travelers

From the moment I stepped into these forums I have seen no shortage of well mannered fun loving people with a unified goal of creating the server of dreams. This is something I can get behind.

With that, I am CaerBaer. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome!

I am also care bear.

;)

Welcome to the community o/

Throm'ka, friend.

Or as a Gilnean would say, what's your story?

7 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Throm'ka, friend.

Or as a Gilnean would say, what's your story?

I started WoW right after release. I was actually attending a university that specialized in Game Design at that time and everyone was in full hype mode over the release. Naturally, I was the one who had no idea what was going on or why everyone was so excited. I jumped on board about 6 months after vanilla got off the ground and dabbled for a time until right before BC released. In those days I gravitated toward Night Elf Druid and Tauren Shaman. When BC released it was a whole new ballgame for me. This was my era. Got really connected with some great gamers in the guild Brotherhood Of Ronin and finally got to experience the world of raiding. That's when I was super hooked and decided to go roll Holy Priest and hand out HP like it was going out of style. I had some really helpful people to show me effective playstyle and necessary addons to get me set into the raiding culture. I dabbled in PvP but it was all about PvE for me. 

I played through WotLK and Cataclysm but BC was and will always be my favorite time in WoW. I really enjoyed questing in Wrath and the Firelands in Cata but nothing will beat Karazhan and Zul'Aman. My favorite classic dungeon is Blackrock Depths. I could spend weeks just living in there. 

Around the time Wrath had been released I started up a tiny Mangos server for myself and about 3 friends for absolute shenanigans to unfold. It definitely wasn't fun in the conventional sense, nor was it anything to write home about, but it did interest us to have the ability to create some really interesting scenarios. Of course none of the server was scripted out and it was a total waste of a shell but it allowed me to dabble in Machinima as well. Which, to my dismay, I never actually finished. So alas there's no interesting vids I can share with you all but it remains an interest of mine if there is a community for it here. 

I'm very much looking forward to the private server community fleshing out the PtE experience that emulates how this game was released originally. I think given the closer nature and more helpful attitude I typically see in these communities that this could be the most fun I've ever had playing WoW. In the end that's what I was into. Making good friends that generally want to see us all have a good time and experiencing a game together that is Sooo much fun with that variable. 

Judging by your name, I would assume (we all know what that does a-hyuk-hyuk) you're looking at the PvE server, but if not, it sounds like we had a pretty similar WoW experience and PvP alliance would always welcome another friendly face.

I actually enjoy the suspense of the PvP servers and the challenge it can produce at meeting stones and the like. I absolute love the PvE content and it's my primary reason for playing, but I'm probably leaning PvP server for it's constant excitement and extended camaraderie between players as they fend off the opposing faction to get to their goals.