Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Statin

Hellhound TBC is it any good?

Seeing as we are all wasting time until CF launches I thought I'd try out a TBC server and stumbled across Hellground. Anyone have any experience with it? How is the pre-outland scripting and is it dead on the new belong path to Outland? Any positives and negatives are welcomed!

Statin

I feel like this should probably be in Off-Topic. However I have heard decent things about the relaunch of hellground so far.  It seems like the only complaint is the 5k population all in HFP (which is expected in any new TBC server). They've been around for a long time so it probably is a decent experience overall.  Doesn't seem like the worst way to spend some time if you are waiting for the true experience of CF master emulation.

Perhaps I will check it out and see what it's about. Thank you.

Also, please move this to off topic as needed.

Regards,

Statin

I think it's off-off-topic :P

Anways, heard the leveling process is pretty rough in terms of bugs and mob values but that the endgame is decent (?) or playable (?)

Either way I won't roll there. Will probably waste some time on Northcraft and Gummy TBC when they release until CF arrives. I also quit Elysium recently, no thanks. 

Personally I'm leveling there because I FINALLY convinced a irl mate to play a private server and he's only into TBC. But once Crestfall launches I'm leaving it.

Bug-wise I'm no expert but so far it's been good for me as a paladin and him a rogue, I find it playable and that's honestly good enough for me at the moment.

1 hour ago, Kelila said:

It seems like the only complaint is the 5k population all in HFP

More like 2k in Azeroth

17 minutes ago, duzyizly said:

More like 2k in Azeroth

Yeah off-peak hours I'd say it's about 2k-2.5k people on, I did see it hit 4k during peak. I think the current cap is 4k and from what I've heard from Discord there's a queue everynight. Those in Hellfire should have it pretty nice since there's only like 20 people above level 58 haha.

Thanks for all the good responses. I'm really just getting the itch and Elysium is not doing it for me, nor is retail WoW. I also found Dalaran WoW for WotLK and heard the scripting was decent. Decisions... Decisions.

Statin

26 minutes ago, duzyizly said:

More like 2k in Azeroth

I actually haven't logged on and checked, I was basing it off of what a friend said, so clearly there may have been a little bit of exaggeration. Good to know though!  I'm still curious to see what a realm progresses from Vanilla to TBC actually looks like, I've yet to participate in that.

The vanilla experience: 

Very rough, like really rough. Mobs hitting too low or too high (avoid ranged and caster mobs, they can take you down to 50% HP in like 2 hits) pathing in azeroth is pretty much stock, vmaps are broken in azeroth as well.

Most dungeons are okay, however a few bosses are poorly scripted or tank n spank making them easy. What's frustrating is that all elites run like crack addicts while regular mobs (not all of em) run at half their speed. 

Classes are alright, I've heard rogues are pretty buggy at the moment. Though spell resistance on a lot of mobs are way too high (level 1-10 mobs apparently) making spells hit like wet noodles. 

I understand that people will be like "oh its a TBC server who cares about vanilla" except for the fact that you make us go through the awful vanilla experience on top of it being a buggy mess makes it unbearable. 

Well, it's as I remember it 7 years ago. Stock trinity with a heap of changes, which means the 1-60 content is mostly working, because that mostly comes working in stock state :P. TBC content has been looked at more closely.

Of course, there are interesting bugs that stem from a core that's been poked for 8 years. Like totems that move and attack people. Or the classic "mobs runs away, pulls half of the cave" business.

I'm glad they did the wipe though. The population was so old nobody even wanted to go normal TBC dungeons (I tried exactly a year ago), this was pretty much the only way to bring the needed lifeblood.

It looks like there's twice as many horde as alliance

I tried it the other night. Eversong woods feels like easy mode compared to vanilla Elwynn forest. In vanilla, Kobolds were a challenge again, while in Hellground, I haven't done one corpse run in 13 levels. I noticed on Warlock, that it was taking 7 - 8 shadow bolts to kill a lvl 3 mob, but they hit for 1 damage, so you can stand there and tank 3 of them while burning them down. They give 2x XP so you can skip bugged quests, or you have the option to turn it off and take 1x XP. All in all, it is fun, if not particularly challenging. I'll continue on and see if it gets tougher, but I'm coming back here when CF launches.

Forget to mention, last night at about 8:00pm CST [GMT -6] there was about 1.5k online, and the cap was 3700.

It's a huge heap of meh, with added faction imbalance.

21 hours ago, Statin said:

I also found Dalaran WoW for WotLK and heard the scripting was decent. Decisions... Decisions.

I played there a while ago and think it's quite good. Leveling was okay and Naxxramas was good too. I heard that their raids are good scripted in general so i think it's worth a try

3 hours ago, Elicas said:

faction imbalance.

to be expected in a Burning Crusade experience. :P

16 hours ago, Elicas said:

It's a huge heap of meh, with added faction imbalance.

Not our fault Blizzard finally gave us shamans so there's no reason to play Horde anymore ^•^.

I don't think going for Hellground (when gummy's Burning Crusade and later Crogge's Legacy Crusade is on horizon) is a good idea. Still its a matter of taste I guess, for me the worst thing I imagine is getting burned out on a shit scripted server. So after trying some shit retail games I'm back to Elysium;(

Btw what is this O.o

On 3/8/2017 at 10:37 PM, Chickengrease said:

Will probably waste some time on Northcraft 

52 minutes ago, Blackrobe said:

I don't think going for Hellground (when gummy's Burning Crusade and later Crogge's Legacy Crusade is on horizon) is a good idea. Still its a matter of taste I guess, for me the worst thing I imagine is getting burned out on a shit scripted server. So after trying some shit retail games I'm back to Elysium;(

Btw what is this O.o

It's a 3.3.5 blizzlike server releasing in April. The beta feedback has been good. It is however instant-68 which I'm highly skeptical about regarding longevity (plus I like the whole leveling process). But that also means that it's a good choice if you wanna fool around some in pvp/pve in the short term :P

Posted (edited)

It's pretty mediocre like all the other TBC servers around ATM, loads of wonky bugs and stuff.

If you want to kill some time till CF, might I suggest Tauri-wow MOP, it's shockingly well made for a MOP server.

I'm personally going to be messing about on Tauri MOP for awhile since it seems decent for what it is, and I want to stay away from Vanilla for awhile so when CF comes out, it still feels fresh. Playing another Vanilla server up till CF launch would simply sour the experience.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

2 hours ago, Chickengrease said:

It's a 3.3.5 blizzlike server releasing in April. The beta feedback has been good. It is however instant-68 which I'm highly skeptical about regarding longevity (plus I like the whole leveling process). But that also means that it's a good choice if you wanna fool around some in pvp/pve in the short term :P

Found it already but tnx anyway :) As to instant servers (after vanilla) I got mixed feelings but wotlk alone is not my cup of tea so gonna leave it to others;) 

I'd wait for gummy's tbc server if you're only interested in TBC. Crestfall wow will undoubtedly make a good tbc server in the future, but let's be honest, the legacy crusade server won't get nearly as much people as gummy's because, while most people know about crestfall, very few are actually familiar with the legacy crusade (crogge's server).