Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wyndra

About that server to come

Hi everyone,

i 've read a bit about that serveur, but it stays confuse for me.

So i would have a simple question: When this server will come out, will it be in vanilla version or already in TBC version? Or maybe there is already a vanilla realm that will evolve to BC? 

Sorry if that subject has been talked about, i just couldn't find answers to that and didn't quite get it !

Cheers

Hello

Crestfall will start with vanilla and will progress through the expansions (at least wotlk afaik).

All we know is it will release sometime in 2017.

Apparently 2 of you didn't understand me, i meant to ask if the server will come out in vanilla or in TBC.

But Corporal answered me well =)

So how long would it take to take it to BC once out ? 2 years somethign like that ?

The retail-esque duration of vanilla, I've heard 16-18 monts.

Alright so i guess i can't expect a TBC server with CF quality before almost 2 years ..

Thanks for your answers !

The answers are in the forums... but you need to look a little more, spend alittle bit more time in the forums....read  more posts and you will know the answers to which you ask..

.....instant gratification is the bain of (most) of the next generation... we need to learn to work for things again... everything should not be instant...

Either way your answers are above and for anyone else..... itll be ready when its ready...   if this doesnt excite you  ..or  you just cant wait....then there are plenty other servers out there...  many of us are waiting for CF as this is (fingers crossed) going to be the one....   just like the old days....its ready when its ready... :D

Most forum members sound like good souls and if more than 50% are like the people who have joined this forum then the servers will be worth the wait.... just chill, keep an eye on whats going on, help out if you can in someway... and when the time comes......... wow

.....instant gratification is the bain of (most) of the next generation... we need to learn to work for things again... everything should not be instant...

Oh look someone asked a question......I could answer it and move on......but I do like to lecture......

2 hours ago, wyndra said:

Alright so i guess i can't expect a TBC server with CF quality before almost 2 years ..

Thanks for your answers !

You can expect a standalone TBC server of CF quality sometime sooner than that with Crogge's (the co-owner's) other project using the same core Legacy Crusade. It is supposedly entering early alpha in the coming month or so as far as I've heard and will also be released before CF TBC.

8 hours ago, Deyedron said:

You can expect a standalone TBC server of CF quality sometime sooner than that with Crogge's (the co-owner's) other project using the same core Legacy Crusade. It is supposedly entering early alpha in the coming month or so as far as I've heard and will also be released before CF TBC.

That's good news, i'll keep an eye on that! thanks!

11 hours ago, Fitzz said:

The answers are in the forums... but you need to look a little more, spend alittle bit more time in the forums....read  more posts and you will know the answers to which you ask..

As mentionned above, i checked, i just couldn't understand so to get rid any doupt, i prefered to ask. I don't know what generation you are refering to, i'm one of those that played wow since vanilla on retail so yeah, thanks for your intervention.

Posted (edited)

Too much bickering. 

As far as I've read (and i could be wrong) crestfall will release before crogges server. Crestfall will release in vanilla and progress through expansion. Crogges will start in BC and remain but it will come out probably 8 months after crestfall releases. According to projected timeliness that means you might be able to play tbc on crogges before crestfall but there's a plethora of reasons to play on crestfall. 

There are a few tbc realms already out there as well such as hellground and the like but i don't personally know anything about them. I'm here for crestfall. 

Which speaking of crestfall the progressive nature will allow you to stay in whatever expansion your heart desires most without being forced into a new one against your will. This is a unique feature as far as i know. 

All of this was found on these forums and could have some errors here and there but please don't argue over requests for information or offering said information. 

Edited by CaerBaer

^ That's pretty much it. I get it that people are frustrated that there is a lack of clear time-lines expressed by the owners on what will release and when, but this is down to the ''corecraft'' comments when Beta failed to launce at ''the end of the summer'' in 2016. In the end they were 4 months late. These days, they don't give anything away so we just have to parse a timeline on snippets we see.

So correct that CF vanilla realms (PvE + PvP) will launch 2017 as this has been stated by Asura in Discord more than once. This is further backed up as Asura had said last year he has a go to launch date in mind, regardless of the condition of the core and scripting. Currently, as of mid-March only 4 classes are being actively Beta tested and for me, that indicates a launch well into 2017, like September 2017 and beyond.

It's also on the record that Darkrasp is of the opinion that vanilla -> TBC will take between 16-18 months. Any questions on duration on vanilla were based on AQ War Effort. However, now that we know auto-complete is a factor the War Effort should not last more than two months. What we have confidence in is that unlike every other server, a functioning AQ/Naxx won't be a delaying issue here.

The last piece of the puzzle is the one that interests me the most. So Crogge is co-owner of CF, and Asura is co-owner of Legacy Crusade. Legacy Crusade will launch before CF goes to TBC. The big question I always had with LC was, where are the population numbers coming from? Will they allow instant 58 toons? Can you transfer your toons in from Crestfall? These questions all became moot when we had The Legacy Gaming Network in place, because population is king, right? (maybe) and LC would get their numbers from Elysium. With LGN dead in the water bar the fact that Crogge is still active solving their network/hosting issues, we're back to square one again.