Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steaktips

Pre-Expansion Patch

One of the fun things about when Blizzard releases a new expansion is playing the pre-expansion patch. For instance before Wrath launched there was maybe a month of TBC with Wrath talents, achievements, etc. as well as the zombie plague. I'm wondering if the plan for Crestfall is to emulate these pre-expansion patches, or will it be a direct jump to the next expansion?

On the latest announcement Darkrasp outlined how the plan is for the TBC realms of the PTE project to launch at 2.0.1 and have the Dark Portal event.

So yes, there will be a pre-expansion event far as we know right now.

Edited by Roadblock

Looking forward to it. My ret Paladin alt with have a great couple of days PvP again.

7 minutes ago, Chizzum said:

launch with the 2.0.1 client? that seems ambitious :D but i'm down with it ;)

I think the idea was more to launch a new TBC realm that has the portal, Blood Elves and Drenai disabled. This would allow people to transfer to the TBC realm without there also being a stampede in the TBC zones. After a week or so, they would then activate the Dark Portal event, open the portal, and 'release' TBC.

Edited by Elicas

I was talking specifically about this

On 26/02/2017 at 6:33 PM, Darkrasp said:

At the end of this period, flagged characters will be moved along with their entire inventory to the TBC realm in a 2.0.1 pre-patch state.  This new TBC realm will experience the Dark Portal event and continue on with Burning Crusade content.

It doesn't mean we'll necessarily be on a 2.0.1 client but I get from it the intention is to provide a reasonable fascimile content wise, like is done with the progressive content unlocks in vanilla itself.

Edited by Roadblock

So, does this mean you would have to download and install a different client for the TBC content for the characters that you flag to be ported to the TBC realm?

It's not really a problem for me because I already have different installations for 1.12.1 & 2.4.3, but my interfaces and addons are different for each client for different private servers.

2 minutes ago, Kuthela said:

So, does this mean you would have to download and install a different client for the TBC content for the characters that you flag to be ported to the TBC realm?

It's not really a problem for me because I already have different installations for 1.12.1 & 2.4.3, but my interfaces and addons are different for each client for different private servers.

You will need a different client for each version of the game yes. (1.12.1, 2.4.3, 3.3.5a if you go that far etc)