Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SweN

I am confused

Posted (edited)

https://elysium-project.org/news/recent-issues-and-future-plans

So bassicly I was doing my routine check of crestfall and elysium forums and just as I was reading a post on the elysium site I noticed something strange.

If you scroll down a bit on this elysium post you can see that Crogge is the lead administrator on elysium wow?

Didn't crestfall withdraw from LGN and closed all connections with the elysium team 'cus of the infamous leaks? Wasn't Crogge on the crestfall team as a lead dev and administrator?

Can someone explain because this is rather confusing...

Edited by SweN

19 minutes ago, SweN said:

https://elysium-project.org/news/recent-issues-and-future-plans

So bassicly I was doing my routine check of crestfall and elysium forums and just as I was reading a post on the elysium site I noticed something strange.

If you scroll down a bit on this elysium post you can see that Crogge is the lead administrator on elysium wow?

Didn't crestfall withdraw from LGN and closed all connections with the elysium team 'cus of the infamous leaks? Wasn't Crogge on the crestfall team as a lead dev and administrator?

Can someone explain because this is rather confusing...

Crogge is the owner of Legacy Crusade and the systems administrator of Crestfall.

He is not and has never been a dev.

Asura is the owner of Crestfall and the lead dev, with the other devs working under him. No one from Crestfall works on Elysium any more.

A lot of us think Crogge is making a huge mistake, but there's nowt anyone can do about it. His work on Elysium doesn't reflect back on Crestfall. Effectively, he's a third party Systems Admin who happens to work on both projects.

Thanks for the reply!  I never thought he was a third party system admin ... But on Elysium he is the lead administrator on the project which again is kinda strange.

This is but a first step in Crogge's new plan for total wow scene domination. In five years, all projects will tremble at the mention of the name, being unable to compete with Crogge's server stability and cheap Crogge's Beer(TM).

crogge wants to eliminate the west confirmed.

open your third eye. elysium isnt just a private wow server. its secretly a plan to eliminate america and now corgge is a part of it.

"elysium sux lol xdddd fuckin reptiles"

- David Icke

stay woke.

1 hour ago, Elicas said:

Crogge is the owner of Legacy Crusade and the systems administrator of Crestfall.

He is not and has never been a dev.

Asura is the owner of Crestfall and the lead dev, with the other devs working under him. No one from Crestfall works on Elysium any more.

A lot of us think Crogge is making a huge mistake, but there's nowt anyone can do about it. His work on Elysium doesn't reflect back on Crestfall. Effectively, he's a third party Systems Admin who happens to work on both projects.

I thought Crogge was still onboard the Elysium-project to finish the work he had started (forum overhaul aso.) when the Legacy-Network was still current. This information is based on an announcement by Asura or Darkrasp, which seems to be not present anymore in the announcement-section, so i cannot back this up (nearly all announcements concerning the LGN are not there anymore, probably to not confuse new arrivals).

So the information you present us with is new to me and cannot be found in the forums as far as i remember (i'm sorry if i overlooked something). Respectively my understanding of this is solely based on what you said above. I heard that, project-wise, Crogge is not directly related to Crestfall. But i always identified him with the staff here. So does this now mean he will stay with Elysium as an active member of their Project? Or is it still the case, that he just wants to finish something he started there as some kind of work- and general ethic?

Greetings

Polyphem

I think he said something along the lines is he doesn't want to leave stuff half finished.

Anyone care to explain the difference between a systems administrator and a dev? :P

I'm with you @SweN. I'm confused. Not with this issue just in general.

:P

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Polyphem said:

I thought Crogge was still onboard the Elysium-project to finish the work he had started (forum overhaul aso.) when the Legacy-Network was still current. This information is based on an announcement by Asura or Darkrasp, which seems to be not present anymore in the announcement-section, so i cannot back this up (nearly all announcements concerning the LGN are not there anymore, probably to not confuse new arrivals).

So the information you present us with is new to me and cannot be found in the forums as far as i remember (i'm sorry if i overlooked something). Respectively my understanding of this is solely based on what you said above. I heard that, project-wise, Crogge is not directly related to Crestfall. But i always identified him with the staff here. So does this now mean he will stay with Elysium as an active member of their Project? Or is it still the case, that he just wants to finish something he started there as some kind of work- and general ethic?

Greetings

Polyphem

It's all still more than a little confused.

Technically, Crogge has never been 'staff', he has his own server (Croggeserver), is planning his own TBC server based off of Asuras core (Legacy Crusade) and is responsible as the System Admin for Crestfall. He does not have any say in what gets coded, what gets worked on, what is in a patch/update or pretty much anything that goes into Crestfall.

He's basically doing back end work in return for exclusive rights to use Asuras core for his own TBC server later down the line.

1 hour ago, SweN said:

Thanks for the reply!  I never thought he was a third party system admin ... But on Elysium he is the lead administrator on the project which again is kinda strange.

Yeah, everything to do with the staff working on multiple projects is a complete mess.

16 minutes ago, Lilaina said:

Anyone care to explain the difference between a systems administrator and a dev? :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_administrator

He runs the servers essentially. While OVH (or whoever they choose to host with) will have an on site System Admin to look after the actual physical servers, Crogge handles things like applying patches, database security, and a myriad of other fiddly back end bits that are essential to running a server but that you don't really see.

Devs actually code the stuff that's in the patch and the code that makes it work. Crogge is the guy who co-ordinates the down time, how long it will take, and pushes the button that 'sends' the patch to the server. He isn't responsible for whats in it.

Edited by Elicas

3 minutes ago, Planks said:

I'm with you @SweN. I'm confused. Not with this issue just in general.

:P

Yeah,  everything after the LGN announcement is just a complete mess and made us scratch our heads. To this day, I think all of this drama did nothing more but to delay the release of Crestfall and it's overall progress . If it wasn't for that drama we may already have seen open beta and a release date but it is what it is , guess we have to wait just a little more.

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Elicas said:

It's all still more than a little confused.

Technically, Crogge has never been 'staff', he has his own server (Croggeserver), is planning his own TBC server based off of Asuras core (Legacy Crusade) and is responsible as the System Admin for Crestfall. He does not have any say in what gets coded, what gets worked on, what is in a patch/update or pretty much anything that goes into Crestfall.

He's basically doing back end work in return for exclusive rights to use Asuras core for his own TBC server later down the line.

Yeah, everything to do with the staff working on multiple projects is a complete mess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_administrator

He runs the servers essentially. While OVH (or whoever they choose to host with) will have an on site System Admin to look after the actual physical servers, Crogge handles things like applying patches, database security, and a myriad of other fiddly back end bits that are essential to running a server but that you don't really see.

Devs actually code the stuff that's in the patch and the code that makes it work. Crogge is the guy who co-ordinates the down time, how long it will take, and pushes the button that 'sends' the patch to the server. He isn't responsible for whats in it.

Ok, that helped me a bit :). But still you didn't pick up on the question onCrogges planning with Elysium. Will it be temporary to finish the stuff he began or is it a probably long-term-commitment? I totally understand that there is no definite answer to this point when Crogges does not answer it himself (and even then only time can tell), but maybe you also have come to pick up some statements concerning this matter from the staff or from newer developments. 

Greetings

Edited by Polyphem

1 hour ago, SweN said:

Yeah,  everything after the LGN announcement is just a complete mess and made us scratch our heads. To this day, I think all of this drama did nothing more but to delay the release of Crestfall and it's overall progress . If it wasn't for that drama we may already have seen open beta and a release date but it is what it is , guess we have to wait just a little more.

Yeah, it's saddening. All I personally want to do is help contribute towards creating a great server, I want this show on the road already; though I also fear that it never will come lol, but hey, that's what happens when you've been in the private server community for a while.

1 hour ago, Polyphem said:

Ok, that helped me a bit :). But still you didn't pick up on the question onCrogges planning with Elysium. Will it be temporary to finish the stuff he began or is it a probably long-term-commitment? I totally understand that there is no definite answer to this point when Crogges does not answer it himself (and even then only time can tell), but maybe you also have come to pick up some statements concerning this matter from the staff or from newer developments. 

Greetings

I didn't answer that because I'm not Crogge. The only person who really knows his intentions long term, is himself.

As a side note, Pottu' s resignation as Elysium's lead GM and his statement today are a bad sign. Ely's history still have theater scripts to fill it seems.

I wish those still associated with both CF and Ely would leave the latter for good.

Posted (edited)

So, my understanding is that Asura and Crogge are co-owners for each project, Crestfall and Legacy Crusade. Asura takes responsibility for Crestfall and makes the final decisions, likewise Crogge for Legacy Crusade. When the Legacy Gaming Network was implemented, it was my understanding that Asura and Crogge were going to take a share of Elysium and Shenna take a share of Legacy Crusade and (possibly) Crestfall. These were minority stake-holdings.

When LGN fell apart the Crestfall/Elysium deal was removed from the table. I am not sure if the same went for Legacy Crusade/Elysium. 

It's important to point out that Crogge and Asura are an excellent pairing in terms of their expertise and experiences. Crogge relies on the (universally acknowledged) skillbase that Asura brings in terms of developing. Likewise, Asura relies on Crogge's experience in non-related areas, so for example, this forum (replicated on Elyisum), server side expertise and hardware uberness. Elysium brings two things to the table, population and learning curve experience.

My perspective, which goes against the opinions of a lot of people I respect, is that Crogge's involvement with Elysium is a good thing for Crestfall. First, because the stability of Elysium in terms of population is important as this shared pool is something CF and LC will be relying on in the future, and secondly, the first-hand experience he is gaining on the DDoS attacks in particular will stand him in good stead when CF and LC go under the same attacks.

People should take into account that the majority of players on Elysium do not frequest Reddit, do not post on the forums, and have no interest in doing so. As such, they are clueless as to how shit the Pserver scene is, how many total pricks there are, and that too many people want other servers to fail to protect their own inadequate piece of vanilla crap. Some individuals seem to rise above it all, one is Wyke of Rebirth fame, and the other is Crogge.  

Edited by Outstanding

22 hours ago, Outstanding said:

So, my understanding is that Asura and Crogge are co-owners for each project, Crestfall and Legacy Crusade. Asura takes responsibility for Crestfall and makes the final decisions, likewise Crogge for Legacy Crusade. When the Legacy Gaming Network was implemented, it was my understanding that Asura and Crogge were going to take a share of Elysium and Shenna take a share of Legacy Crusade and (possibly) Crestfall. These were minority stake-holdings.

When LGN fell apart the Crestfall/Elysium deal was removed from the table. I am not sure if the same went for Legacy Crusade/Elysium. 

It's important to point out that Crogge and Asura are an excellent pairing in terms of their expertise and experiences. Crogge relies on the (universally acknowledged) skillbase that Asura brings in terms of developing. Likewise, Asura relies on Crogge's experience in non-related areas, so for example, this forum (replicated on Elyisum), server side expertise and hardware uberness. Elysium brings two things to the table, population and learning curve experience.

My perspective, which goes against the opinions of a lot of people I respect, is that Crogge's involvement with Elysium is a good thing for Crestfall. First, because the stability of Elysium in terms of population is important as this shared pool is something CF and LC will be relying on in the future, and secondly, the first-hand experience he is gaining on the DDoS attacks in particular will stand him in good stead when CF and LC go under the same attacks.

People should take into account that the majority of players on Elysium do not frequest Reddit, do not post on the forums, and have no interest in doing so. As such, they are clueless as to how shit the Pserver scene is, how many total pricks there are, and that too many people want other servers to fail to protect their own inadequate piece of vanilla crap. Some individuals seem to rise above it all, one is Wyke of Rebirth fame, and the other is Crogge.  

Brilliantly written, but the main reason I responded is because I see that you're now a Community Manager.

Congratulations on your promotion!

1 hour ago, AzAMOuS said:

Brilliantly written, but the main reason I responded is because I see that you're now a Community Manager.

Me too. Congrats!

1 hour ago, AzAMOuS said:

52 minutes ago, Retrac47 said:

Me too. Congrats!

Thank you. I'm not quite sure if congratulations is the right word O.o we'll see. I need to put a thread out about this though or I'll be a complete hypocrite.